So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I’m burnt out on the people who are burnt out over the people who have burnt out because I know those people are about to burn out themselves and that will cause the group who burnt out first to burn out again over the people who used to be burnt out over their burn out.

Everyone just drink water for a while. It’s better for you.
'I’m burnt out on the people who are burnt out over the people who have burnt out because I know those people are about to burn out themselves and that will cause the group who burnt out first to burn out again over the people who used to be burnt out over their burn out.'

you sound like me. I understood every single word. this bud's for you. lol.

Reaction Score
Apparently whisky and vodka don't make the cut due to the closings of all PLCB retail outlets, but at least we still have beer (and wine from the few grocers who sell it).
Pittsburghers
You can take away some of their freedoms, but don't touch their beer.
One unique thing about Pittsburgh: Drive-thru beer distributors. You pull in, buy a couple cases, get swabbed, drive away. Look to da burgh.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
I bought cases of beer in preparation. It has been the only item that was subject to ration. And I am already counting the days until it is gone.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Where I'm at in Florida, all bars and clubs are closed. Several microbrews are doing walk up to go orders for growlers and crowlers. Unfortunately, you can't bring empty growlers to be re-filled. Gotta get a new growler. I plan on getting some 32 oz crowlers today.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
In the Middle Ages he would’ve been right on target. People drank beer and wine because they learned they would die from drinking the water.

Over on r/pittsburgh the prevailing theory is that it would be detrimental to cut off all alcohol sales because we have so many drunks here that withdrawal itself would overwhelm the medical system.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Pittsburghers
You can take away some of their freedoms, but don't touch their beer.
One unique thing about Pittsburgh: Drive-thru beer distributors. You pull in, buy a couple cases, get swabbed, drive away. Look to da burgh.

Yeah, but you have to go to Ohio for the drive thrus that sell both beer and guns.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Apparently whisky and vodka don't make the cut due to the closings of all PLCB retail outlets, but at least we still have beer (and wine from the few grocers who sell it).
apparently, as sf was rolling out their shutdown, when it was learned that cannabis dispensaries were on the list, it took about an hour for the people's blowback on that to result in 'no, were not.' since the time of the pharaohs in Egypt, beer has been a staple for many folks. along with many 'new realities' today, I am certainly enjoying the growing awareness, and appreciation for, the 'murican farmer.
hmmm, hops? kush? both are scientifically classified as members of this family - Cannabaceae - Wikipedia
and, as usual, the best on earth are grown here. lucky us.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well I thought there would be a competitive shakeout that would eliminate a lot of the new breweries that popped up over the last couple years, but it looks like the pandemic is going to accelerate that, unfortunately.

First victim:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well I thought there would be a competitive shakeout that would eliminate a lot of the new breweries that popped up over the last couple years, but it looks like the pandemic is going to accelerate that, unfortunately.

First victim:

That was a gratuitous cheap shot at the end saying owners didn't look for other creative ways to stay open.

Could be plenty of reasons why they chose to board it up. No need for last paragraph.

Reaction Score
Sad news on Hanging Hills - i really enjoyed them as a local Hartford option. Their right field corner set up at the Yard Goats was great too!

I think it's great how some of these breweries are doing the curbside pickup option during the isolation period. Has anyone else taken advantage of this?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Sad news on Hanging Hills - i really enjoyed them as a local Hartford option. Their right field corner set up at the Yard Goats was great too!

I think it's great how some of these breweries are doing the curbside pickup option during the isolation period. Has anyone else taken advantage of this?
Labrynth is about a mile away for me. I may have to soon. They’re a bit expensive for a stock up though.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That was a gratuitous cheap shot at the end saying owners didn't look for other creative ways to stay open.

Could be plenty of reasons why they chose to board it up. No need for last paragraph.
?

I think you read a "not" that wasn't there. This is the line from the article (emphasis supplied):

The brewery did make mention of keeping their brand alive through partnerships with other breweries, or through other creative solutions.

Reaction Score

Think you misread what was written:

The brewery did make mention of keeping their brand alive through partnerships with other breweries, or through other creative solutions

Going to see a lot more of this. The market is oversaturated. Would be smart of a lot of breweries to think about partnerships

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Think you misread what was written:

The brewery did make mention of keeping their brand alive through partnerships with other breweries, or through other creative solutions

Going to see a lot more of this. The market is oversaturated. Would be smart of a lot of breweries to think about partnerships

?

I think you read a "not" that wasn't there. This is the line from the article (emphasis supplied):

Guess I have to fall on that sword. Could have sworn I read it the other way and it doesn't look like the article has been updated or edited since this morning. Heck, I was even contemplated a copy/paste just make sure I had it correct for this thread/discussion.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I would have been there last Saturday as part of my pre-soccer game ritual. Sad is all I can say.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

First victim:

New place opened up about a mile and a half from my house about 6 weeks ago. Feel bad for them. The beer is just ok, but I had hopes it would improve. Wife saw a "beer to go" sign on their door so we may go pick some up just to help them stay afloat.

Forget what Fishy said. Water is always there. Buy and drink local beer during this crisis!

Reaction Score

Yea just did on line order and curbside pickup at Black Hog Brewery in Oxford. Eeeezy peeezy. Got some Rainbow Gravy (delish IPA) along with a stout called Leaves a Mark(not tried it yet)

owner threw in a 4 pack for free. Extra bonus. DO YOUR PART. KEEP OUR SMALL BUSINESSES GOING -DRINK BEER

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom