So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Anyone else burnt out on IPAs? Every brewery in CT has five IPAs and four DIPAs on tap. Every bar has 75% of their taps devoted to the two.

I'm drinking nothing but browns, stouts and porters right now. I had Black Widow Imperial Stout at Tox in New London and it was downright beautiful. I found a bottle of Mean Old Tom at Capital Spirits on Pratt St. in Hartford yesterday and took it into the Tobacco Shop next door and enjoyed it with a great cigar.

Others I'm enjoying: McChouffe Belgian Brown Ale by Brewery La Chouffe, Deep Imperial Stout by Thimble Island, New Phone Who Dis? Porter from Evil Genius Beer Co. and Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout by North Coast Brewing.

I find a yearly hiatus from IPAs for a couple of weeks will help this tremendously.

Reaction Score
Alright, I'm headed to the game Sunday. What beers do they sell at the XL? Last time I was there I remember Lil' Heaven being on tap but I can't remember much else.

If the worst they have is that, you're all set.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Alright, I'm headed to the game Sunday. What beers do they sell at the XL? Last time I was there I remember Lil' Heaven being on tap but I can't remember much else.
They usually have Counterweight on tap at one of the endzone bars (the one on the left if your back is to the court). The beer coolers behind 106 have Counterweight and No Filter in cans. Too Juicy is also readily available.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
At one of the local breweries near me.

The Beer It Forward chalkboard. If your name or group is listed someone has already paid for your beer.

IMG_20200301_165559202~3.jpg

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Anyone else burnt out on IPAs? Every brewery in CT has five IPAs and four DIPAs on tap. Every bar has 75% of their taps devoted to the two.

I'm drinking nothing but browns, stouts and porters right now. I had Black Widow Imperial Stout at Tox in New London and it was downright beautiful. I found a bottle of Mean Old Tom at Capital Spirits on Pratt St. in Hartford yesterday and took it into the Tobacco Shop next door and enjoyed it with a great cigar.

Others I'm enjoying: McChouffe Belgian Brown Ale by Brewery La Chouffe, Deep Imperial Stout by Thimble Island, New Phone Who Dis? Porter from Evil Genius Beer Co. and Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout by North Coast Brewing.
Anyone burnt out on people being burnt out on IPAs?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
At one of the local breweries near me.

The Beer It Forward chalkboard. If your name or group is listed someone has already paid for your beer.

View attachment 51415

Were you hanging out there all afternoon hoping to run into Christina "Stanka Butt" Hope?

Also, least you could've done was add DH or CV to the list ;)

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm down in Austin. Visited two breweries. They don't do NEIPA style well or often here but the breweries are fun and pretty good.

New brewery opened in my town and it is just ok. I hope they will keep getting better. Another new brewery opens this summer. They are brewing now and sharing the beer with very good reviews.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've been seeing Lone Pine Oh-J in the coolers lately. And I had a couple of Founders Epiphany last night. So Portland is making their way into the market more and more.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Anyone burnt out on people being burnt out on IPAs?

I’m burnt out on the people who are burnt out over the people who have burnt out because I know those people are about to burn out themselves and that will cause the group who burnt out first to burn out again over the people who used to be burnt out over their burn out.

Everyone just drink water for a while. It’s better for you.

Reaction Score
I’m burnt out on the people who are burnt out over the people who have burnt out because I know those people are about to burn out themselves and that will cause the group who burnt out first to burn out again over the people who used to be burnt out over their burn out.

Non-alcoholic sales are killing it between Lagunitas Hop Water and Athletic.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Non-alcoholic sales are killing it between Lagunitas Hop Water and Athletic.

I absolutely believe that.

My brother in law doesn’t drink - minor liver issue. Just feels better if he doesn’t drink alcohol.

I bought 0% beer for him at Christmas. I would not go so far as to call it good, but it was a vast improvement over what they used to be. Perfectly acceptable for what it was.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’ve become a fan of the CBD seltzers you can get now. Long Trail even makes one. There’s a few varieties at Highland Park Market. Nice in the car after a long day.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I absolutely believe that.

My brother in law doesn’t drink - minor liver issue. Just feels better if he doesn’t drink alcohol.

I bought 0% beer for him at Christmas. I would not go so far as to call it good, but it was a vast improvement over what they used to be. Perfectly acceptable for what it was.
Is the minor issue NAFLD?

Reaction Score

Don't drink water. Fish f#!@ in it!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Ok Cap’n Crunch

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Just finished my first Luscious, the British Imperial Stout from Alchemist. It looks like motor oil. It is at turns very sweet, but somehow finishes dry. When I first poured it I thought I would never finish it (NB: pour slow; it has a huge, late-reacting rise that will overflow your glass otherwise). But it seemed like it changed with every sip. I don't drink a lot of sweet stouts, but at first it reminded me of Mackeson's Triple Stout, which I haven't had in decades. But when the booze kicks in--double the ABV of Mackeson's--and it finishes dry, it's almost like a nice whiskey finish. Great mouthfeel. Kind of like a Russian Imperial Stout.

Three years later I am finishing the last can of Luscious from the four pack I bought on that trip. Just found it buried in my basement beer fridge, which does an amazing job of preserving beers I put in there and never move for literally years. This beer still tastes tremendous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom