Beer | Page 197 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
there was a vermont pumpkin draft that blew my mind. had it in nyc years ago but would love to know the brewery.

that said, either dogfish 90 or hopslam

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
there was a vermont pumpkin draft that blew my mind. had it in nyc years ago but would love to know the brewery.

that said, either dogfish 90 or hopslam
I'm waiting for Hopslam to arrive at my local packy! Can't wait.

From Bell's for those who don't know. Its a seasonal IIPA.

Reaction Score
I’m going to catch a lot of crap for this bc I’m a big craft beer guy...but I’m trying to cut down big time and my friend told me about Athletic Brewery in Stratford. Went to a liqour store in town today and picked up three 6 packs for $10 each. Upside Down (Golden Ale), Free Way (double hop IPA) and Run Wild (their main IPA). Holy crap, it’s all really good and can’t tell much diff between this and the “real” stuff. While I’ll always have my 7% and up IPA I will def have this more often than not now...

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I’m going to catch a lot of crap for this bc I’m a big craft beer guy...but I’m trying to cut down big time and my friend told me about Athletic Brewery in Stratford. Went to a liqour store in town today and picked up three 6 packs for $10 each. Upside Down (Golden Ale), Free Way (double hop IPA) and Run Wild (their main IPA). Holy crap, it’s all really good and can’t tell much diff between this and the “real” stuff. While I’ll always have my 7% and up IPA I will def have this more often than not now...

I'm not gonna trash you for this. I'm intrigued. TBOMK nobody sells Athletic out here in Pgh, but just this week I read two articles (Liquor.com and Growler) that gave stellar reviews for various Atheltic brews. Wife has to avoid carbs (and it wouldn't hurt me) so something in the category that tastes good is more than welcome.

I'll continue to happily trash Bud Light/Coors Light drinkers though.

Reaction Score
I would probably try one (just went to their website and requested to my local packy). Question...I'd be going in with a ton of skepticism. Is it good enough to overcome that? If they're any good, seems it couldn't hurt to mix a few of these in now and then....on both the carb and alcohol fronts.

Reaction Score
I would probably try one (just went to their website and requested to my local packy). Question...I'd be going in with a ton of skepticism. Is it good enough to overcome that? If they're any good, seems it couldn't hurt to mix a few of these in now and then....on both the carb and alcohol fronts.

I just tried three of them today and they’re pretty good. Much, much better than regular NA beers. For $10, pick up a 6 pack and give it a shot. I’ll always have “real” beers but this is def a good substitution when you want a beer but don’t want to “drink.”

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I just tried three of them today and they’re pretty good. Much, much better than regular NA beers. For $10, pick up a 6 pack and give it a shot.

And there's the rub... if they really taste good and you can bang down three in an afternoon w/o a buzz, that could grow into a more expensive habit than high ABV crafts ;-)

Reaction Score
And there's the rub... if they really taste good and you can bang down three in an afternoon w/o a buzz, that could grow into a more expensive habit than high ABV crafts ;-)

It depends really. It could go either way depending on how much you really want to drink. For me since I’m cutting down a lot I’d rather have these in the fridge and enjoy a couple a weekend as opposed to having 3-4 high ABV. At least for right now while I’m trying to limit my alcohol content while still enjoying some beer.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The Athletic Brewing Company is dashit!!! I didn't know the DDH was in stores. Thought it was brewery only. There was a fall beer called Stump Jump, an autumn brown. Really good. 85 calories/ can and tastes great!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I just tried three of them today and they’re pretty good. Much, much better than regular NA beers. For $10, pick up a 6 pack and give it a shot. I’ll always have “real” beers but this is def a good substitution when you want a beer but don’t want to “drink.”
These Athletic brews are great when you go to a party, bringing your own stash, and are driving home and want no threat of a buzz.

Reaction Score
The big advantage of these “diet craft beers” is that you can drink them in large numbers. You can’t drink strong beers for hours in a social setting like you can light beer. No bloat, nice buzz, better for the waist line. I think we’ll see a ton of these beers in time. Many breweries are dabbling in them and the flavor has gotten very good. When I first tried a low cal IPA about 3 years ago, the taste was pretty rough. I’ve liked the last 3-4 I’ve tried.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this is in the string anywhere, but I just tried some Long Trail Little Anomaly yesterday.
Hazy, juicy IPA, 3.8% ABV, 110 calories. I thought they tasted quite good. Will definitely be picking up some more. Great price point, too, at just $8.99/sixer

Reaction Score
Last month, I went to to my sons' baseball tryouts and since parents are not allowed to stay and watch and as the facility was a 30-minute drive away, I walked across the street to Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza to kill time. Didn't try the pizza (or food in general); bu, they were stocking a Two Road IPA, I think it's Lil Heaven, and was very happy with it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anyone else burnt out on IPAs? Every brewery in CT has five IPAs and four DIPAs on tap. Every bar has 75% of their taps devoted to the two.

I'm drinking nothing but browns, stouts and porters right now. I had Black Widow Imperial Stout at Tox in New London and it was downright beautiful. I found a bottle of Mean Old Tom at Capital Spirits on Pratt St. in Hartford yesterday and took it into the Tobacco Shop next door and enjoyed it with a great cigar.

Others I'm enjoying: McChouffe Belgian Brown Ale by Brewery La Chouffe, Deep Imperial Stout by Thimble Island, New Phone Who Dis? Porter from Evil Genius Beer Co. and Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout by North Coast Brewing.

Reaction Score
Anyone else burnt out on IPAs? Every brewery in CT has five IPAs and four DIPAs on tap. Every bar has 75% of their taps devoted to the two.

I'm drinking nothing but browns, stouts and porters right now. I had Black Widow Imperial Stout at Tox in New London and it was downright beautiful. I found a bottle of Mean Old Tom at Capital Spirits on Pratt St. in Hartford yesterday and took it into the Tobacco Shop next door and enjoyed it with a great cigar.

Others I'm enjoying: McChouffe Belgian Brown Ale by Brewery La Chouffe, Deep Imperial Stout by Thimble Island, New Phone Who Dis? Porter from Evil Genius Beer Co. and Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout by North Coast Brewing.
I love IPAs and Stouts. Year round stout lover One of my Fav stouts is Luscious from Alchemist. Now they brew it year round too. I go there usually every month and get a case.

Reaction Score
I love IPAs and Stouts. Year round stout lover One of my Fav stouts is Luscious from Alchemist. Now they brew it year round too. I go there usually every month and get a case.

I just heard about this last weekend. Going to look for it next time I'm up there.

I picked up Troeggs Troeggenator Double Bock, Relic Spectral Beast Baltic Porter and Cigar City Maduro Brown Ale yesterday. Looking forward to a dark weekend!

Reaction Score
In case anybody has not said free beer, let me be the first. Happy Friday!

Reaction Score
What’s your favorite bohemian style Pilsner? Tough to come by here in CA
Little late to this question, but Von Trapp's aptly named "Bohemian Pilsner" is my go to pilsner.

Von Trap's distributing has made it as far west as Pennsylvania currently, so maybe in 10-15 more years you can grab a 6 pack out there.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Alright, I'm headed to the game Sunday. What beers do they sell at the XL? Last time I was there I remember Lil' Heaven being on tap but I can't remember much else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom