So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I remember my first (and only to date) Heady Topper. We were visiting in-laws in VT years ago and the husband was very proud that he snagged a couple for his guests. I knew it was hot at the time and it took some effort to procure it. I felt bad I didn't care for it. In my defense, the one beer in question was closer to lukewarm than cold and I hadn't made the IPA leap at the time.

Anyway, we just got home from the same trip today and like I said in a previous post, a condition of the trip was a stop at The Alchemist on the way home. I'm now on my 3rd Heady Topper after that Florida win. I love Heady Topper.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
But I have to admit, I'm not that thrilled about Triple Sunshine. It's a bit too strong for me. Hobbit Juice from Beer'd is my favorite very strong beer to date. Love Double Sunshine.

Reaction Score
Trillium's "Tiles" series are really, really good. I just have one can of Citra Cutting Tiles left, which might be my favorite though I think I've only tried, Mosaic cutting Tiles. Unfortunately I missed the limited release of Luxurious Tiles.
Hope to pick up latest - Galaxy Cutting Tiles tonight.
Begs the question: What are peoples favorite hop? Nightshift has a one-hop series that affords the opportunity to taste each one.
Citra/ Galaxy combo is pretty fire... citra, mosaic, centennial legit. Columbus. Hell they are all good

Reaction Score
There is some Pieces of 8 by Foley Brothers floating around local packies....

Reaction Score
A0FE917F-F61B-4CD4-BA9C-9168E0D9C79F.jpeg
I was
up in Rutland area for Thanksgiving. Left yesterday morning. As we were going through Ludlow stopped in a craft beer store. They have always had a decent selection but have never seen Heady down this far south. Just as a was walking in they were wheeling in the Heady and Focal. So was able to pickup 2 four packs of each.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
And I don't blame you if not. That new stony creek rumpled feathers is solid

Brother was in from Danbury for T-Day. He brought a few beers from Stony Creek, which I guess you guys generally dislike since I did a search for them on this thread. Never had any of their offerings. I just opened my first, a Ruffled Feathers. I don't know what it retails for, but it's certainly decent to good at a minimum and may grow on me. It hit their can tasting notes of mango, citrus and stone fruit (mostly pear/apricot IMO).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He brought a few beers from Stony Creek, which I guess you guys generally dislike...
I don't care for the Cranky's. But it only takes one good one to turn things around (see #No Filter).

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Everything I have had from Bridgeport's Aspetuck Brew Lab (Black Rock) has been great.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This Sunday looking forward to going to Beer’d Brewery’s new taproom in Groton. They’ve come a long way in 6 years.
Perhaps you could give us a review. I like their beer.

Reaction Score
What’s your favorite bohemian style Pilsner? Tough to come by here in CA

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
What’s your favorite bohemian style Pilsner? Tough to come by here in CA

Being in Western PA, this is a sweet spot regionally with some good stuff locally in Pittsburgh and from Ohio.

Turntable Pils, Great Lakes Brewing (Cleveland)
Jack Straw, Fat Head's Brewing (Cleveland)
Puma, Rheingeist (Cincinnati)

And while not strictly Bohemian Pils, some excellent pilsener/lager styles that I think drink much better than the overly expensive Lagunitas Pils:

Kaiser Pils, Penn Brewery (Pittsburgh) which also makes solid dunkels and Helles.
Dortmunder Gold and Elliot Ness, also from Great Lakes, are my usual go-tos for low-medium ABV summer swilling.

It's a shame that these styles seem to be mostly overlooked, if not forgotten, by most craft brewers. And those I have seen from the West Coast are simply not worth the price. The ones I've mentioned above are usually $2 or more less per six-pack than Lagunitas or Green Flash pils/lager entries.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom