Beer | Page 195 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
I don't drink a heck of a lot of beer, but we were in Vermont for the marathon and they had Heady Topper at whatever place we went to on Church Street.

I failed to see the greatness of it - yes, they managed to cram all the hops in the world into it, but it tasted like a pine cone.

I had one from Treehouse in MA called Sap that also tasted like a pine cone, yet somehow it was still delicious.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I had one from Treehouse in MA called Sap that also tasted like a pine cone, yet somehow it was still delicious.

That's intentional with respect to Sap. Heady Topper is more fruity really. Most Treehouse beers are too.

Reaction Score
That's intentional with respect to Sap. Heady Topper is more fruity really. Most Treehouse beers are too.

Yes, I understand that, although a year and a half later I am still amazed by how good a beer that tasted like a pine cone was. It speaks to how good these guys are at their craft.

Reaction Score
I don't think Sap is one of their better beers. Just my opinion. It's still good but most of their other stuff is better.

Every time I go to Tree House I am amazed how good everything they make is. It's like the question I always have about pizza, "Why can't everyone make it as good as some of the places in CT?" Why are Tree House's beers consistently so good compared to most places?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I don't think Sap is one of their better beers. Just my opinion. It's still good but most of their other stuff is better.

Every time I go to Tree House I am amazed how good everything they make is. It's like the question I always have about pizza, "Why can't everyone make it as good as some of the places in CT?" Why are Tree House's beers consistently so good compared to most places?

Sap is good, but not one of my favorites there. Super Sap is, however, tremendous and I'd put it up against almost anything else they make.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yes, I understand that, although a year and a half later I am still amazed by how good a beer that tasted like a pine cone was. It speaks to how good these guys are at their craft.

Try DogFish Head's Pennsylvania Tuxedo. Brewed with spruce tips. Tastes like a Christmas Tree smells. In a good way.

Long ago beer was commonly made with pine needles or things like Heather (in Scotland and Ireland) where hops were not available. So It's an interesting take.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
"You want a Tree House?"
"Sure! Which one?!
"Sap!"
"Oh, okay"

Reaction Score
Was in Stowe for a wedding this weekend and made the obligatory Alchemist run. Frustrating that you can’t get full drafts but it’s cool they let you drink what you buy on premises. It’s always a little overwhelming in VT when you out to dinner and see a draftlist with 20 beers you wanna try.
[/QUOTE

I was a little disappointed in the brewery to be honest. Very frustrated that you can only get two drafts on tap and not full drafts. It’s really a place you go to to load up and bring back to CT.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

They flubbed it. They built it two years too early and didn't leave much room to change it. That era was all about people waiting in line for cans. Since then Trillium opened Canton, and gave out similar little pours. They recognized that mistake fairly quickly and now do a robust draft business. Treehouse built a massive new brewery that was all about cans. They also underwent major renovations and now do a pretty massive draft business. It's spectacular. Lawson's sat back and watched all that and they absolutely nailed it the first time. A cozy Vermont tap room with everything you could want in all seasons, plus an adjoining space focused on can delivery. They can open the can space earlier, and seal off the taproom, then move the wall when the taproom opens.

I'm disappointed that Jon Kimmich hasn't felt the need to update the Alchemist. After all, they started as a pub selling their own beer on draft long before they canned anything. I also have to say that other than Heady Topper and Focal Banger, many of the beers are not impressive (The red ale is excellent).

Reaction Score
I love beer but I just don't get the endless fascination with IPA's. They are 80% of most draft lists. Blah.

Reaction Score
They flubbed it. They built it two years too early and didn't leave much room to change it. That era was all about people waiting in line for cans. Since then Trillium opened Canton, and gave out similar little pours. They recognized that mistake fairly quickly and now do a robust draft business. Treehouse built a massive new brewery that was all about cans. They also underwent major renovations and now do a pretty massive draft business. It's spectacular. Lawson's sat back and watched all that and they absolutely nailed it the first time. A cozy Vermont tap room with everything you could want in all seasons, plus an adjoining space focused on can delivery. They can open the can space earlier, and seal off the taproom, then move the wall when the taproom opens.

I'm disappointed that Jon Kimmich hasn't felt the need to update the Alchemist. After all, they started as a pub selling their own beer on draft long before they canned anything. I also have to say that other than Heady Topper and Focal Banger, many of the beers are not impressive (The red ale is excellent).
I agree completely, except I would put Crusher up there with Heady Topper and Focal Banger.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Donovan’s Red is supreme. I’m going to a Halloween party tomorrow and I want my heady but I really don’t feel like sharing.

Reaction Score
Not sure I want to try this particular brew but you've got to be impressed by the guy who unintentionally brewed beer in his stomach and got pulled over for drunk driving.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Seems like this should be a no-brainer for our cash-strapped state university. Lots of great marketing opportunities. UConn Gold? Husky Hops? Yellow Snow?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Seems like this should be a no-brainer for our cash-strapped state university. Lots of great marketing opportunities. UConn Gold? Husky Hops? Yellow Snow?
Montana has Moose Drool. We can have Dog Piss.

Reaction Score
I had a tart ale at Homefield Kitchen and Brewery in Sturbridge that was exceptional. I bought a 32 ounce Mason jar to go. Yum.

Reaction Score

Brilliant!

You see what I did there?

Reaction Score
A new list to debate over, best breweries of the last decade...

In summary, I need to travel more, Bend Oregon and a few other places to visit.

Reaction Score
Trillium's "Tiles" series are really, really good. I just have one can of Citra Cutting Tiles left, which might be my favorite though I think I've only tried, Mosaic cutting Tiles. Unfortunately I missed the limited release of Luxurious Tiles.
Hope to pick up latest - Galaxy Cutting Tiles tonight.
Begs the question: What are peoples favorite hop? Nightshift has a one-hop series that affords the opportunity to taste each one.

Reaction Score
Trillium's "Tiles" series are really, really good. I just have one can of Citra Cutting Tiles left, which might be my favorite though I think I've only tried, Mosaic cutting Tiles. Unfortunately I missed the limited release of Luxurious Tiles.
Begs the question: What are peoples favorite hop? Nightshift has a one-hop series that affords the opportunity to taste each one.

Galaxy Cutting Tiles is fantastic...had it back in April. I think Galaxy might be my favorite hop although it's tough to choose with each offering unique flavors. BBBright with Galaxy by Treehouse is another great showcase of the hop

Reaction Score
I've had all of them except Galaxy and Vic Secret. Citra, Mosaic, El Dorado, Nelson Sauvin and the regular one (which says they used Mosaic so not sure how it's different than Mosaic Cutting Tiles).

Reaction Score
Going up to game today with my boys. Haven’t been to UConn in years. Sorry if this question has been asked before , but do they sell beer at gampel ?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Nope. I suggest that you visit the alumni pre game facility before you head in.

1574009245650.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom