• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This is absolutely ridiculous.

Oh, I cut red meat out, and the best way I can think to supplement the reduction in calories from that is... to drink some crummy 100-calorie beer. And with his size and profession, 100 calories is nothing

Eat a couple fig newtons or a glass of orange juice and you’re there, if you’re really so worried about missing calories
Yeah I thought the same thing. At least pour some strawberry lemonade in it.

Reaction Score
Drummond is coming off his best season, averaging 17.3 points and 15.6 rebounds

That is the definition of a monster.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Have you had Yuengling Light? It tastes like Sprite, especially if you drink it warm.
I didn’t realize there was a light version of Yuengling.

If you wanna drink a light beer but are a beer snob and are too embarrassed get some Nite Lite by Night Shift Brewing. Tastes like a Natty brewed for Jesus himself.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There was a Lone Pine oh-J sighting at ABC last night. That was the first time I've seen it outside the brewery. Also, I went to a decent sized packy on the Cape a few weeks back and the only decent IPA they had was Too Juicy.

Reaction Score
Out on Long Island, Montauk Brewing Co.'s Watermelon Ale is a very nice summer brew.

Reaction Score
I like to drink Medalla as my summer beach/boat beer. It's the cheap Puerto Rican piss beer in the 10oz cans.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I like to drink Medalla as my summer beach/boat beer. It's the cheap Puerto Rican piss beer in the 10oz cans.
That sounds like something from Drew Magary's Deadspin column.

Reaction Score
Definitely not the the best category; but, some of the news clip is hilarious...

"The product is priced at about a 20% discount compared to the leading brands, and unlike most hard seltzer brands, which are often sold in packs of four, it will be available in bulk 24-can packages. With about 130 calories and 6% alcohol by volume, it's also more alcoholic and caloric than other hard seltzers...Natural Light brand, an affordable product marketed to college-aged drinkers."

Just come out and say it, this is marketed to 16 to 21 years olds because who the heck buys Natty Light after the age of 21 anyway?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Definitely not the the best category; but, some of the news clip is hilarious...

"The product is priced at about a 20% discount compared to the leading brands, and unlike most hard seltzer brands, which are often sold in packs of four, it will be available in bulk 24-can packages. With about 130 calories and 6% alcohol by volume, it's also more alcoholic and caloric than other hard seltzers...Natural Light brand, an affordable product marketed to college-aged drinkers."

Just come out and say it, this is marketed to 16 to 21 years olds because who the heck buys Natty Light after the age of 21 anyway?
There’s going to be so many of these drank on the runway before all the kids head back to campus on Saturday mornings this fall.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
No surprise here, and I'm sure it won't be the last:
Stony Creek joins a number of beer companies that have cut jobs this year, including Lord Hobo, Celis Brewery, Weyerbacher, Constellation Brands-owned Ballast Point, Heineken USA, and Hangar 24, among several others.

Reaction Score
No surprise here, and I'm sure it won't be the last:
Yup. I've been saying it for a while. There are too many breweries. The market just can't support them all. The ones that make better beer or do something really well will survive and some others will fold. It's inevitable.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yup. I've been saying it for a while. There are too many breweries. The market just can't support them all. The ones that make better beer or do something really well will survive and some others will fold. It's inevitable.
"We need to be honest with our business approach to craft"
I think that means realizing that the future of these places is serving the local market. The dream of steady can sales in retail outlets is over for most places. But a busy tap room has to make decent money, I would think.

Reaction Score
Maybe there are too many, but as a consumer it is kind of fun that there are so many and that you get to try a diversity of different beers and brewers/brewing styles. And I hope that a lot of breweries are local, get a good local following and simply stay that way. I'm willing to give business to a local good not great brewery just like I prefer a local restaurant to a chain.
Too many breweries is why there are rating websites and other things. There are too many wineries, but wine drinkers don't necessarily complain about that. What's the purpose of rooting for places to fail or fold? I prefer a world where smaller breweries exist like local restaurants do and can stay alive predominately or even exclusively by catering to a local clientele.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

And the losers will be the mediocre craft breweries and those that haven’t adapted at all to popular styles. Stony Creek is in that category for sure.

I think things will sort into:
1. Macro
2. Imports (some are Macro...Corona etc.)
3. Volume, cheap craft. Sam, Harpoon, Lagunitas, Sierra Nevada...
4. Strong quality craft, which is mostly on premise and sometimes distributed.

For the life of me I don’t understand why some of these breweries haven’t made adjustments. There will always be room for category 3 because that’s what we beer enthusiasts need to drink at our neighbor’s parties etc in place of Bud Light. But there isn’t room for 2000 brands there.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What's the purpose of rooting for places to fail or fold?
I'm not rooting for it, but I have been expecting it as a natural part of the business life cycle. The craft brew scene went through one competitive shakeout around 20 years ago, and in the past ten years it roared back. Another competitive shakeout was inevitable imo, especially with so many mediocre beers.

Wineries are an entirely different scene and market, and most of the "local" ones in areas not known for wine making are vanity projects for millionaires and don't need to be profitable.

Reaction Score
Tox in New london has some of the best beers in the state. Newer brewery so they don't can yet but they have a ton of great beers.

Tilted Barn in Rhode Island is the best brewery between RI & CT.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom