Beer | Page 183 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Not sure if this was posted already (probably has been), but I recently had Ice Cream Man from Backeast brewing. What a gem. Hard to find, but my local package store i've been going to for years always stashes away a pack for me when they come in. Must try if you haven't had it.

Reaction Score
Had Jai Alai on tap at Black Eyed Sally’s a couple of weeks ago. Was super excited to try it as it’s a legendary IPA from pre-NEIPA days. Unfortunately I was disappointed. Tasted as if the beer was well past it’s prime. Will look for it in a six pack and check the date stamp because it’s worth a second chance - I expected so much more from this brew.

Have had it during a few FLA trips. Can get it in RI now, also. I actually thought it was better a couple years ago than it is now. I still think it's very good, in fact, will go get one right after this post, but seems a touch more bitter than it was a few years ago.

Reaction Score
Have had it during a few FLA trips. Can get it in RI now, also. I actually thought it was better a couple years ago than it is now. I still think it's very good, in fact, will go get one right after this post, but seems a touch more bitter than it was a few years ago.

Right, years ago when I had it...2010 maybe? It was way ahead of its time, so there’s definitely a nostalgia factor there for me. I do think there are plenty of beers better than it, but few and far between at its price point. Headway is certainly one. Oberon by Bells is a good one in that range. Sierra Nevada Celebration is another, but that’s strictly a late fall/winter beer.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
In New Haven, not far from Archie Moore's, is East Rock Brewing. They don't do IPAs.

So far I have had two lagers and they really good. But the Goat Herder IPL is amazeballs.

It's like having Jack's Abby here in CT.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Right, years ago when I had it...2010 maybe? It was way ahead of its time, so there’s definitely a nostalgia factor there for me. I do think there are plenty of beers better than it, but few and far between at its price point. Headway is certainly one. Oberon by Bells is a good one in that range. Sierra Nevada Celebration is another, but that’s strictly a late fall/winter beer.

The $10 six pack (Hazy Little Thing, Lawson's Summer Session, Long Trail VT IPA, etc), ...maybe should be its own thread? There are so many good choices, that's why I find it hard to pay more for the 4-16s. Not because they aren't good...just not better enough to warrant the spend imo.

Reaction Score
The $10 six pack (Hazy Little Thing, Lawson's Summer Session, Long Trail VT IPA, etc), ...maybe should be its own thread? There are so many good choices, that's why I find it hard to pay more for the 4-16s. Not because they aren't good...just not better enough to warrant the spend imo.

I'm right there with you. Long Trail, Sierra Nevada, Lord Hobo, Lagunitas, Stone, Troegs, etc all make fantastic $10 6 packs. The $16 six packs just aren't enough of a step up to justify it for me.

Reaction Score
Jai Alai is $10 for 72 oz. Some of the Kent Falls for example are $16 for 64 ounces. So it’s about 14 cents an ounce compared to 25 cents. Not double? But close. There’s a lot of excellent lower cost options out there now (Like Headway/Jai Alai) that I’m really just not interested in paying that premium anymore because I don’t think it’s warranted quality wise.

I do live in West Hartford so I do try to support New Park Brewing by buying growlers although I don’t think they need my help. They’re killing it. Highly recommend paying a visit there if you haven’t.
New Park is the best brewery in the area IMO

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
If anyone travels to Memphis, get the amber ale Fireside. It is Godly.

That is all.

(also allagash white kicks ass)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Hey @Austin316 ...you from CT?

Beer'd Brewing has a tasty NEIPA:

Reaction Score
I'm taking road trip from NH to CT, going to New London area, thought I'd get some beer while down there. What CT beers should I get, and are there any good package stores that sell the top ones? I would like to get Counter Weight but that is probably purchased at brewery and won't be in Hamden.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm taking road trip from NH to CT, going to New London area, thought I'd get some beer while down there. What CT beers should I get, and are there any good package stores that sell the top ones? I would like to get Counter Weight but that is probably purchased at brewery and won't be in Hamden.

Beer'd brewery is in Stonington and they make some great stuff. Dogs and Boats is a great DIPA.

Counterweight is in most package stores, although I don't live in the New London area so I'm not sure if it'd be down that way. Headway is a really good IPA and at 6% it won't kick your ass like Dogs and Boats will.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Counter Weight should be widely available throughout the state. Beer'd should definitely be on the shelves in that area, too. Any of their IPAs are very good.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I think it’s only available in the immediate Manchester area but if you see Helios from Labrynth buy it

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Beer'd isn't a big place but I like their beer. Hopefully Hobbit Juice is on tap when you visit. I
know you didn't ask for food recs but if you are looking for outdoor seafood you need to check out Captian Scott's Lobster Dock.

Reaction Score
Had King Jjjjulius yesterday. Holy crap. Amazing beer.
Yup, had one a couple weeks ago. Best IPA I've ever had. Which made the hour and a half wait almost worth it. Crazy that people are selling them on eBay for close to $100 a can.

And it's spelled Jjjuliusss. Three J's and three S's.

Reaction Score
Yup, had one a couple weeks ago. Best IPA I've ever had. Which made the hour and a half wait almost worth it. Crazy that people are selling them on eBay for close to $100 a can.

And it's spelled Jjjuliusss. Three J's and three S's.

Probably because they picked the name and spelled it after trying 7-8 of them.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Were you drinking Beer’d at the Stones?

In the parking lot, yes. In the stadium, no. Had a Sip of Sunshine and Longtrail Vermont IPA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom