Beer | Page 180 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Industrial Arts is opening a second brewery this spring.

It’ll be in Beacon, NY, right off Route 84 just before the Hudson River. Beacon’s an easy afternoon trip from western Connecticut and well worth it for the beer/distillery/restaurant scene.
And if you're doing that then keep heading west on I-84 and hit Equilibrium Brewing in Middletown, NY. Their beers are awesome. I haven't had one from there that wasn't outstanding.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Had Civil Society’s Fresh last night. Solid beer.
Had it from the source last weekend. Thought it was decent.

I went there this fall when I was in the Jupiter area for a wedding. Pretty cool spot in that pop-up downtown thing they have going on there, reminded me of downtown Storrs or that little area by the mall in Manchester. Ate lunch at the Wine bar across the street to make my wife happy and then had dessert over at the brewery :)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
And if you're doing that then keep heading west on I-84 and hit Equilibrium Brewing in Middletown, NY. Their beers are awesome. I haven't had one from there that wasn't outstanding.

I just read that Equilibrium has started construction on a new taproom and restaurant in another location in Middletown. Going to be much larger than their current building.

Reaction Score
I just read that Equilibrium has started construction on a new taproom and restaurant in another location in Middletown. Going to be much larger than their current building.
Great. Thanks. I saw one of the brewers last month and he said they were expanding to try to meet demand. They're distributing small kegs to restaurants and bars in Massachusetts but no cans yet. He said they were hoping to distribute cans also once they expanded. Can't wait.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
There is no difference between water and Heineken. They should have used a real beer.

Sure there is. Water isn't skunky. Unless maybe if you're in Flint.

Anyway, I got an email today from a nearby beer store talking about their real-time inventory. This being backwards- PA, that's pretty amazeballs. Do they have such animals in CT or elsewhere?

Reaction Score
Industrial Arts is opening a second brewery this spring.

It’ll be in Beacon, NY, right off Route 84 just before the Hudson River. Beacon’s an easy afternoon trip from western Connecticut and well worth it for the beer/distillery/restaurant scene.

Really?? That’s great! Drinking a Wrench as we speak...

Reaction Score
Also, shoutout to Charter Oak brewery in Danbury. Fairly new, but starting to get a following. My buddy is cousins with the owner. Pretty decent for an upstart.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sure there is. Water isn't skunky. Unless maybe if you're in Flint.

Anyway, I got an email today from a nearby beer store talking about their real-time inventory. This being backwards- PA, that's pretty amazeballs. Do they have such animals in CT or elsewhere?

I still don't like it, but modern Heiniken isn't skunky anymore. They solved that problem and U.S. Heiniken now tastes like it does in Holland. Apparently many of the idiots who loved it now don't like it anymore. I suppose they could still it under a UV lamp or out in the sun and ruin it.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Damn, didn't see Ice Cream Man at the packy today. Settled for SoS at 12.99, nice to see the price drop with all the quality options out there.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Damn, didn't see Ice Cream Man at the packy today. Settled for SoS at 12.99, nice to see the price drop with all the quality options out there.
Sounds like M&R. I picked up ICM at Manchester Discount, next to BJ's.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Also, shoutout to Charter Oak brewery in Danbury. Fairly new, but starting to get a following. My buddy is cousins with the owner. Pretty decent for an upstart.
They've been brewing for years.

Reaction Score
I just started commuting to Shelton every day. Has anyone tried the beer from Bad Sons Brewery in Derby? I pass it every day so I'm thinking of stopping in one day on my way home from work.

Reaction Score
I just started commuting to Shelton every day. Has anyone tried the beer from Bad Sons Brewery in Derby? I pass it every day so I'm thinking of stopping in one day on my way home from work.

I have. It’s a cool place. Definitely check out The Hops Company (THC) this summer. Also in derby.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Doobius IPA is very good. Dank.
Lupefied IIPA is good, too.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Haven’t been but have passed it often. FYI, the name is derived from the first letter of each town in the Valley:

Beacon Falls
Ansonia
Derby

Seymour
Oxford
Naugatuck
Shelton.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics