Beer | Page 176 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
I like my IPA ice cold. Nothing is worse than cool/warm beer, I don’t care what the experts say. Just my taste.

I like the places that ask if you want a frozen glass or not. That’s a nice touch and I’ll always accept, but by the book craft beer drinkers don’t want it. I’d certainly be prepared to give them a room temp glass if it were my bar.

Reaction Score
Lagers should be served very cold right at around 34 degrees. They’re supposed to be cold and crisp and that’s a lager.
Ales vary. IPA’s, in particular NEIPA’s should be served around 36 to 38 degrees. The touch warmer temp let’s the hop aromas and tastes come out. Stouts, porters and dark ales should be around 38 to 40 degrees for the dark malt flavors.
Really crap, mass-produced beers should be served right at freezing temps to freeze your taste buds as quick as possible.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Lagers should be served very cold right at around 34 degrees. They’re supposed to be cold and crisp and that’s a lager.
Ales vary. IPA’s, in particular NEIPA’s should be served around 36 to 38 degrees. The touch warmer temp let’s the hop aromas and tastes come out. Stouts, porters and dark ales should be around 38 to 40 degrees for the dark malt flavors.
Really crap, mass-produced beers should be served right at freezing temps to freeze your taste buds as quick as possible.

What about root beer?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I got a 4-pack of Vermont brewskis. It was a "reassembled" 4 pack:

1 Double Sip of Sunshine IIPA
1 Alchemist Focal Banger IPA
1 Foley Brothers Big Bang IPA
1 Foley Brothers Fair Maiden IIPA

Never had any of them before and so far have had the Double Sip. Not as good as the orginal SoS.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Never had any of them before and so far have had the Double Sip. Not as good as the orginal SoS.
Focal Banger is terrific. I like it better than heady topper.

Had a terrific black chocolate stout from Brooklyn beer company. Pretty strong at 10 percent ABV, so it will put mature men like me to sleep. Perfect for a cold winter’s eve.

Reaction Score
These would actually be acceptable temperatures for me, however this is rarely the case nor the recommended temps. This is what I find on brew sites:
  • 35–40°F (2–4°C): Mass market light lagers
  • 40–45°F (4–7°C): Czech and German Pilsners, Munich Helles, wheat beers, and Kölsch
  • 45–50°F (7–10°C): IPAs, American pale ales, porters, and most stouts
  • 50–55°F (10–13°C): Belgian ales, sour ales, Bocks, English bitters and milds, Scottish ales

Reaction Score

Big Bang is a misleading name for that beer. If I recall, it was only 5 or 5.5 percent. With a name like that I figured it would be a bit stronger like Foley's other ipa offerings. I personally like the double sunshine better than regular sip. Triple is good as well, but is very strong.

Reaction Score
i think you both missed it....

Oh no, I got it. Perhaps the greatest movie of all time. So many awesome scenes...Bring out your dead...Roger the Shrubber...it's just a flesh wound...knights who say "ni"....the Holy Hand Grenade....

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Big Bang is a misleading name for that beer. If I recall, it was only 5 or 5.5 percent. With a name like that I figured it would be a bit stronger like Foley's other ipa offerings. I personally like the double sunshine better than regular sip. Triple is good as well, but is very strong.
I had the Big Bang last night. 5.5% and more yellow than many hazy IPAs. There was quite a bit of sediment but I was not put off. This beer tasted great.

The Focal Banger was really good but I feel it tastes just like Sip of Sunshine. Not a bad beer to emulate.

Today I finish the 4 pack with the Fair Maiden.

Reaction Score
I had the Big Bang last night. 5.5% and more yellow than many hazy IPAs. There was quite a bit of sediment but I was not put off. This beer tasted great.

The Focal Banger was really good but I feel it tastes just like Sip of Sunshine. Not a bad beer to emulate.

Today I finish the 4 pack with the Fair Maiden.

Breakfast of Champions!

Reaction Score
Drinking ‘Solid Wall of Sound’ from Untold Brewing in Scituate. Outstanding flavorful cloudy IPA

Reaction Score
A couple notables from my trip: Gösser and Steigl

Very drinkable.

I don't remember the rest.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
A couple notables from my trip: Gösser and Steigl

Very drinkable.

I don't remember the rest.
When people use the word "drinkable" to describe beer cracks me up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom