So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think part of my problem is I always enter at the Ann St/Church St entrance. I enter, turn left and buy whatever good beer they have along that stretch. I have never explored the far reaches of the other side of the arena. ;)
If you go left from Ann and Church, you might as well keep going until you hit the endzone bar.

Reaction Score
I think the $6 deal was left over beers / getting close to skunk/expired from the the football games.

Spectra runs XL and the rent. Attendance has been so crappy, they probably over bought their inventory.

They had all the same options as the rent did.
Today, the fan bar had no filter which was nice, where other games it didn’t.

Reaction Score
Went to Lawson’s new tasting room today. Unbelievable place. Had Tripple Sip Hopzilla and the maple imperial stout. Quite nice I must say. I love the hops, misses tomtom, not so much. BUT, Lawson’s serves wine too!!! Now we can both enjoy. Finally someone got it right

Reaction Score
Denial alert! :p

I have decades of science on my side...

I'll leave you with this. And this.

But of course you and everyone who agrees with you is special and unaffected by any of the things discussed in the former and can accurately identify 100% of the beers in the latter, right?

I fully don't expect either you nor the other guy in denial to read either link. Ignorance is bliss. Keep being special!

I tried reading them, but too long, too boring.
Going to side with "projection alert."

Reaction Score
Millennial alert!
Funny you should mention millennials. I'm in Austria now and I got this ad reading this thread.

Screenshot_20181210-063542.png

Which means "sorry Banks, millennials don't like you."

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Picked up a 4 pack of SingleCut DDH Full Stack ($23...pricy). This might be the best beer I've ever had. It's that damn good.

That and Cold Fire are both in my top 5. SingleCut is so damn good...now if they can only get those prices down a bit.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Friends came over for the game on Saturday and brought some great CT beers that I enjoyed sampling: I had Stubborn Beauty's Nummy Nummy DIPA before and it still tasted good, but I thought their Happy Treez NEIPA was better; and I thought Beer'd's One Thing Led to Another DDHIPA was even better than those. Very soft and crushable.

I also sampled this year's batch of Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale, which has been an annual ritual for at least thirty years. Still quaffable, but hardly even hoppy by today's standards.

Reaction Score
Picked up a 4 pack of SingleCut DDH Full Stack ($23...pricy). This might be the best beer I've ever had. It's that damn good.

That and Cold Fire are both in my top 5. SingleCut is so damn good...now if they can only get those prices down a bit.

$23 for a 4 pack of beer. Man, we're all getting old. LOL. When I was a Sophomore in Storrs, $23 would get me a pair of 30 pack cans of Natty Light.

Reaction Score
Friends came over for the game on Saturday and brought some great CT beers that I enjoyed sampling: I had Stubborn Beauty's Nummy Nummy DIPA before and it still tasted good, but I thought their Happy Treez NEIPA was better; and I thought Beer'd's One Thing Led to Another DDHIPA was even better than those. Very soft and crushable.
Funny you mention Happy Treez. I was at Mondo in Middletown on Saturday and had one. I thought it was really good. Now if someone can just tell Mondo that they shouldn't serve a beer like that in a frosted pint glass. I had to let it warm up for 5 minutes before drinking it.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

I also sampled this year's batch of Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale, which has been an annual ritual for at least thirty years. Still quaffable, but hardly even hoppy by today's standards.
Love Dogs and Boats but I tried their One Thing Led To Another...and it is better. It satisfies my beer Fixx!!

See what I did there?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Funny you mention Happy Treez. I was at Mondo in Middletown on Saturday and had one. I thought it was really good. Now if someone can just tell Mondo that they shouldn't serve a beer like that in a frosted pint glass. I had to let it warm up for 5 minutes before drinking it.
Any time I am in a bar that features frosted beer glasses I have to tell them that I don't want one. I'll never forget when Donahue's first opened in Madison and wanted to make it their signature to serve "the coldest beer on the Shoreline." I ordered a Guinness--a beer that should never be served ice cold imo--and got the bartender's attention before he poured it into a frosted glass so I could tell him I didn't want a frosted glass. He said that all the glasses were frosted, so I had him run it under hot water before filling it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
$23 for a 4 pack of beer. Man, we're all getting old. LOL. When I was a Sophomore in Storrs, $23 would get me a pair of 30 pack cans of Natty Light.

In 1978, $23 would've just about gotten you 4 cases of Weidemann's. You would've had to come up with an additional 96 cents (it was $5.99/case).

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Love Dogs and Boats but I tried their One Thing Led To Another...and it is better. It satisfies my beer Fixx!!

See what I did there?

Your BY rep will either Stand or Fall with comments like that.

Reaction Score
Picked up the new Hanging Hills double IPA. Jockey Box Hero I think? Can't wait to try it later this week (Resist the urge during the work week!)

Reaction Score

I thought the same on the Celebration. Have pretty much been limiting to more mellow session IPAs lately and decided to give something more 'wintery' a shot, so grabbed a sixer of Celebration. Seemed really mellow. Not bad, but not hoppy either.

Reaction Score
Any time I am in a bar that features frosted beer glasses I have to tell them that I don't want one. I'll never forget when Donahue's first opened in Madison and wanted to make it their signature to serve "the coldest beer on the Shoreline." I ordered a Guinness--a beer that should never be served ice cold imo--and got the bartender's attention before he poured it into a frosted glass so I could tell him I didn't want a frosted glass. He said that all the glasses were frosted, so I had him run it under hot water before filling it.

...and places that want to serve everything in a pilsner glass...because that's all they have

Reaction Score
Got some more trillium in a beer swap

Scaled: meh hazy
Cutting tiles: decent hazy
Gay Head: this was actually a very good hazy. Would hang with the better stuff from Monkish, Modern Times, Mikkeller, Great Notion etc.
And a couple half decent sours

Reaction Score
And I feel like it's nearly impossible to get a cold beer anymore. I hate you guys!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom