Change Ad Consent OT: - Best Beer | Page 162 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Beer

-

XLCenterFan

Wethersfield, CT, NE
I went to Lawson's last week to scoop up some Little Sip. Also grabbed Double Sip and Hopzilla. Hopzilla is my favorite of the three by far, and now I wish I got more. Wanted some Hopcelot but it wasn't available to order for pickup.

Last edited:

Curiouser
I had my first full beer in around a year this past weekend: Lawson's Double Sunshine. It was worth it. Very, very nice beer that reminded me of everything I used to love about beer.

I also tried a taste of Eyes of Lust, a wonderful hoppy blonde ale from Watson Farmhouse Brewery. I read that he is also the head brewer at the new Newsylum Brewery in the old Fairfield Hills in Newtown. That definitely looks like a destination to hit.

I went to Lawson's last week to scoop up some Little Sip. Also grabbed Double Sip and Hopzilla. Hopzilla is my favorite of the three by far, and now I wish I got more. Wanted some Hopcelot but it wasn't available to order for pickup.
Yep, my friend brought me back a mixed case from Lawson's (Little Sip, Double, Hopcelot) and Alchemist (Heady, Rapture). Hopcelot the best I think, drank one of the four and simply had to have another immediately.

XLCenterFan

Wethersfield, CT, NE
Yep, my friend brought me back a mixed case from Lawson's (Little Sip, Double, Hopcelot) and Alchemist (Heady, Rapture). Hopcelot the best I think, drank one of the four and simply had to have another immediately.
I know that Heady is The Godfather, but my beer palate has changed since it came out, and I no longer really like it. I can't wait to try Hopcelot - I'm guessing it's similar to Hopzilla.

Had this this past weekend. Im not a fruit beer guy (gf is though) , this was very nice.

XLCenterFan

Wethersfield, CT, NE
Had this this past weekend. Im not a fruit beer guy (gf is though) , this was very nice.

Yes, it's good. And available in CT! You must try Hopzilla, and from what I'm hearing, Hopcelot as well.

I had my first full beer in around a year this past weekend: Lawson's Double Sunshine. It was worth it. Very, very nice beer that reminded me of everything I used to love about beer.

I also tried a taste of Eyes of Lust, a wonderful hoppy blonde ale from Watson Farmhouse Brewery. I read that he is also the head brewer at the new Newsylum Brewery in the old Fairfield Hills in Newtown. That definitely looks like a destination to hit.
I live 15 min away in Monroe and plan to possibly go Saturday. If I do I’ll give a review!

HuskyHawk

Hoping to see something that looks like basketball

Good choice. It's quite a bit better than Sip in my opinion. Has that dankness that you don't see often anymore.

HuskyHawk

Hoping to see something that looks like basketball
Sparkling Stillwater is doing a really nice job with these craft hard seltzers from 12%; now out with two different 16 oz India Pale Seltzers, both really good:

Are we going to have to ask you to surrender your union card?

Trying these today...4.7% session from:
1600823856369.png

Beer for art's sake. FAB: We are a gypsy brewery based out of Somerville and brewing at Dorchester Brewing in Boston.

Very god, plus, plus they set up the can art so you can peel it off the can and stick it wherever you want, or as call it, inside the shed.

View attachment 58935

Beer for art's sake. FAB: We are a gypsy brewery based out of Somerville and brewing at Dorchester Brewing in Boston.

Very god, plus, plus they set up the can art so you can peel it off the can and stick it wherever you want, or as call it, inside the shed.
I had one of their beers a couple weeks ago. Very good. The other side of the alcohol spectrum. 13% Triple IPA.

1600826951480.png

View attachment 58935

Have to give these props...have purchased several times now. I am a normally "4 pack averse" kinda guy because there are so many 6ers in the $10-11 range that are good...but these are pretty tasty.

Have to give these props...have purchased several times now. I am a normally "4 pack averse" kinda guy because there are so many 6ers in the $10-11 range that are good...but these are pretty tasty.
4 Packs always give me the heebie jeebies, plus they’re always like incredibly expensive.

Had some Cloud Candy on tap today, extremely tasty full flavored, cloudy juicy in the Trillium/Treehouse styles but much more affordable per my fellow taste testers.

When is the IPA craze going to end? My store stopped carrying Unibroue because they simply don't sell enough. Come on people, drink more Belgian beers please!

When is the IPA craze going to end? My store stopped carrying Unibroue because they simply don't sell enough. Come on people, drink more Belgian beers please!
Not a Corona or Belgian Ale fan...but I do love me some F and F...

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
fwiw, when I make Belgian meatballs, I use Golden Monkey (Southern Tier). One can goes in the sauce, one can goes in me.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
But, Belgian Ale in a can? Have never seen that before.
American ingenuity ;)

Bonus for me is cans are curbside recycling, glass is not. I'd put it a hair below FdM, but it's still good.