OT: Best Beer

Fishy

Puncher of Throats
Non-alcoholic sales are killing it between Lagunitas Hop Water and Athletic.
I absolutely believe that.

My brother in law doesn’t drink - minor liver issue. Just feels better if he doesn’t drink alcohol.

I bought 0% beer for him at Christmas. I would not go so far as to call it good, but it was a vast improvement over what they used to be. Perfectly acceptable for what it was.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
I’ve become a fan of the CBD seltzers you can get now. Long Trail even makes one. There’s a few varieties at Highland Park Market. Nice in the car after a long day.

Dove

Son of Wayne. Friend of Tony.
I absolutely believe that.

My brother in law doesn’t drink - minor liver issue. Just feels better if he doesn’t drink alcohol.

I bought 0% beer for him at Christmas. I would not go so far as to call it good, but it was a vast improvement over what they used to be. Perfectly acceptable for what it was.
Is the minor issue NAFLD?

I’m burnt out on the people who are burnt out over the people who have burnt out because I know those people are about to burn out themselves and that will cause the group who burnt out first to burn out again over the people who used to be burnt out over their burn out.

Everyone just drink water for a while. It’s better for you.

Don't drink water. Fish f#!@ in it!

I’m burnt out on the people who are burnt out over the people who have burnt out because I know those people are about to burn out themselves and that will cause the group who burnt out first to burn out again over the people who used to be burnt out over their burn out.

Ok Cap’n Crunch

Curiouser
Just finished my first Luscious, the British Imperial Stout from Alchemist. It looks like motor oil. It is at turns very sweet, but somehow finishes dry. When I first poured it I thought I would never finish it (NB: pour slow; it has a huge, late-reacting rise that will overflow your glass otherwise). But it seemed like it changed with every sip. I don't drink a lot of sweet stouts, but at first it reminded me of Mackeson's Triple Stout, which I haven't had in decades. But when the booze kicks in--double the ABV of Mackeson's--and it finishes dry, it's almost like a nice whiskey finish. Great mouthfeel. Kind of like a Russian Imperial Stout.
Three years later I am finishing the last can of Luscious from the four pack I bought on that trip. Just found it buried in my basement beer fridge, which does an amazing job of preserving beers I put in there and never move for literally years. This beer still tastes tremendous.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up

'I’m burnt out on the people who are burnt out over the people who have burnt out because I know those people are about to burn out themselves and that will cause the group who burnt out first to burn out again over the people who used to be burnt out over their burn out.'

you sound like me. I understood every single word. this bud's for you. lol.

Rico444

Strive for Five
Anyone try this yet?

I brought some home earlier in the week. It's not bad at all, but doesn't really do much to stand out from all the other hazy beers that are available locally.

Curiouser
Well I thought there would be a competitive shakeout that would eliminate a lot of the new breweries that popped up over the last couple years, but it looks like the pandemic is going to accelerate that, unfortunately.

First victim:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Well I thought there would be a competitive shakeout that would eliminate a lot of the new breweries that popped up over the last couple years, but it looks like the pandemic is going to accelerate that, unfortunately.

First victim:

That was a gratuitous cheap shot at the end saying owners didn't look for other creative ways to stay open.

Could be plenty of reasons why they chose to board it up. No need for last paragraph.

Sad news on Hanging Hills - i really enjoyed them as a local Hartford option. Their right field corner set up at the Yard Goats was great too!

I think it's great how some of these breweries are doing the curbside pickup option during the isolation period. Has anyone else taken advantage of this?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Sad news on Hanging Hills - i really enjoyed them as a local Hartford option. Their right field corner set up at the Yard Goats was great too!

I think it's great how some of these breweries are doing the curbside pickup option during the isolation period. Has anyone else taken advantage of this?
Labrynth is about a mile away for me. I may have to soon. They’re a bit expensive for a stock up though.

Curiouser
That was a gratuitous cheap shot at the end saying owners didn't look for other creative ways to stay open.

Could be plenty of reasons why they chose to board it up. No need for last paragraph.
?

I think you read a "not" that wasn't there. This is the line from the article (emphasis supplied):

The brewery did make mention of keeping their brand alive through partnerships with other breweries, or through other creative solutions.

Think you misread what was written:

The brewery did make mention of keeping their brand alive through partnerships with other breweries, or through other creative solutions

Going to see a lot more of this. The market is oversaturated. Would be smart of a lot of breweries to think about partnerships

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Think you misread what was written:

The brewery did make mention of keeping their brand alive through partnerships with other breweries, or through other creative solutions

Going to see a lot more of this. The market is oversaturated. Would be smart of a lot of breweries to think about partnerships

?

I think you read a "not" that wasn't there. This is the line from the article (emphasis supplied):
Guess I have to fall on that sword. Could have sworn I read it the other way and it doesn't look like the article has been updated or edited since this morning. Heck, I was even contemplated a copy/paste just make sure I had it correct for this thread/discussion.

Dove

Son of Wayne. Friend of Tony.
No more Hartbeat for Hanging Hills.

I would have been there last Saturday as part of my pre-soccer game ritual. Sad is all I can say.

HuskyHawk

Hoping to see something that looks like basketball

First victim:

New place opened up about a mile and a half from my house about 6 weeks ago. Feel bad for them. The beer is just ok, but I had hopes it would improve. Wife saw a "beer to go" sign on their door so we may go pick some up just to help them stay afloat.

Forget what Fishy said. Water is always there. Buy and drink local beer during this crisis!

Yea just did on line order and curbside pickup at Black Hog Brewery in Oxford. Eeeezy peeezy. Got some Rainbow Gravy (delish IPA) along with a stout called Leaves a Mark(not tried it yet)

owner threw in a 4 pack for free. Extra bonus. DO YOUR PART. KEEP OUR SMALL BUSINESSES GOING -DRINK BEER