OT: Best Beer

-
Anyone else burnt out on IPAs? Every brewery in CT has five IPAs and four DIPAs on tap. Every bar has 75% of their taps devoted to the two.

I'm drinking nothing but browns, stouts and porters right now. I had Black Widow Imperial Stout at Tox in New London and it was downright beautiful. I found a bottle of Mean Old Tom at Capital Spirits on Pratt St. in Hartford yesterday and took it into the Tobacco Shop next door and enjoyed it with a great cigar.

Others I'm enjoying: McChouffe Belgian Brown Ale by Brewery La Chouffe, Deep Imperial Stout by Thimble Island, New Phone Who Dis? Porter from Evil Genius Beer Co. and Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout by North Coast Brewing.

Anyone else burnt out on IPAs? Every brewery in CT has five IPAs and four DIPAs on tap. Every bar has 75% of their taps devoted to the two.

I'm drinking nothing but browns, stouts and porters right now. I had Black Widow Imperial Stout at Tox in New London and it was downright beautiful. I found a bottle of Mean Old Tom at Capital Spirits on Pratt St. in Hartford yesterday and took it into the Tobacco Shop next door and enjoyed it with a great cigar.

Others I'm enjoying: McChouffe Belgian Brown Ale by Brewery La Chouffe, Deep Imperial Stout by Thimble Island, New Phone Who Dis? Porter from Evil Genius Beer Co. and Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout by North Coast Brewing.
I love IPAs and Stouts. Year round stout lover One of my Fav stouts is Luscious from Alchemist. Now they brew it year round too. I go there usually every month and get a case.

I love IPAs and Stouts. Year round stout lover One of my Fav stouts is Luscious from Alchemist. Now they brew it year round too. I go there usually every month and get a case.
I just heard about this last weekend. Going to look for it next time I'm up there.

I picked up Troeggs Troeggenator Double Bock, Relic Spectral Beast Baltic Porter and Cigar City Maduro Brown Ale yesterday. Looking forward to a dark weekend!

What’s your favorite bohemian style Pilsner? Tough to come by here in CA
Little late to this question, but Von Trapp's aptly named "Bohemian Pilsner" is my go to pilsner.

Von Trap's distributing has made it as far west as Pennsylvania currently, so maybe in 10-15 more years you can grab a 6 pack out there.

Rico444

Strive for Five
Alright, I'm headed to the game Sunday. What beers do they sell at the XL? Last time I was there I remember Lil' Heaven being on tap but I can't remember much else.

I find a yearly hiatus from IPAs for a couple of weeks will help this tremendously.

Alright, I'm headed to the game Sunday. What beers do they sell at the XL? Last time I was there I remember Lil' Heaven being on tap but I can't remember much else.
If the worst they have is that, you're all set.

They usually have Counterweight on tap at one of the endzone bars (the one on the left if your back is to the court). The beer coolers behind 106 have Counterweight and No Filter in cans. Too Juicy is also readily available.