OT: Best Beer

Dove

#kendallstrong
I discovered The Beeracks in East Haven today. A collaborative of brewers there highlighted by Armada, Overshores and Hull's. There are others, too, but today I found Hoax Brewing to be someone to watch locally. March will be their one year anniversary and today I tried their colab with Front Porch Brewing (Wallingford)...a IIIPA called Strawbery Crop Circles. It was tasy af. I bought a 4 pack of an APA called Long Day Low Pay, a single hop brew with Wakatu. A mellow 5% brewski that does the job.

HuskyHawk

Hoping to see something that looks like basketball
People drank Asashi? Why? Glad someone called them on their fake Japanese beer. I think it’s brewed in NJ.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Just got back from the Alchemist with a haul. Most of it is good, and I got the classics of course.

I must say that CT breweries have stepped their game WAY up, and I feel we can now compete with any state, as far as quality beer goes.

New England IPA's all day!
Three breweries opened in Manchester alone this past year with one more opening soon. For my money Labrynth is the best of the bunch. It’s getting insane.

“Too Old, Too Slow, Still Here,” a 7.8 percent ABV double New England IPA “commemorating the greatest team of all time and the GOAT itself,” will be sold in crowlers and on draft in the Sam Adams Boston Brewery in Jamaica Plain on Thursday from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. or until the kegs are kicked.

Nothing illustrates the uselessness of a CT political official better than this line...

Hartford Senator Douglas McCrory... says that the industry has grown at a speed faster than regulations could keep up.

It's not tax burden that's driving folks to leave CT. It's this thought process, infecting most CT politicians. If it's successful, we must regulate, nay overregulate. It crushes your spirit.

Nothing illustrates the uselessness of a CT political official better than this line...

Hartford Senator Douglas McCrory... says that the industry has grown at a speed faster than regulations could keep up.

It's not tax burden that's driving folks to leave CT. It's this thought process, infecting most CT politicians. If it's successful, we must regulate, nay overregulate. It crushes your spirit.
You're giving them too much credit. It's pure lobbying money and senator not being bright enough to tell them how insane a bill that would be.

Curiouser
Woodstock?

Might as well be Mass. :)
If they are even half as good at making cider as they are at making beer it will be well worth the trip for me.

In the meantime I have been loving Spoke + Spy in Middletown. Very cool scene although they are only open from 12-5 on Saturdays. Same building as Stubborn Beauty and Forest City, and there is usually a good food truck there on Saturday afternoons, too. I like New England Cider in Wallingford, but the ciders at S+S are a level up imo. I imagine Tree House ciders will be there or above; probably akin to Graft, which I love, although I wish they would do something besides sour ciders because my stomach can't take too many of those. Very smart move for Tree House imo.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Figured I'd drop this over here instead of on the travel board... I'm headed to Belgium in September. Other than trying to get my hands on some Westvleteren 12, anyone done a beer tour there or find any gems not known to us in the USA? Home base will likely be Ghent, although we expect to spend a little time in Bruges and Brussels and possibly The Hague (yeah, I know the latter isn't Belgium).