OT: Best Beer

Dove

#kendallstrong
I got a 4-pack of Vermont brewskis. It was a "reassembled" 4 pack:

1 Double Sip of Sunshine IIPA
1 Alchemist Focal Banger IPA
1 Foley Brothers Big Bang IPA
1 Foley Brothers Fair Maiden IIPA

Never had any of them before and so far have had the Double Sip. Not as good as the orginal SoS.

Last edited:

Never had any of them before and so far have had the Double Sip. Not as good as the orginal SoS.
Focal Banger is terrific. I like it better than heady topper.

Had a terrific black chocolate stout from Brooklyn beer company. Pretty strong at 10 percent ABV, so it will put mature men like me to sleep. Perfect for a cold winter’s eve.

Lagers should be served very cold right at around 34 degrees. They’re supposed to be cold and crisp and that’s a lager.
Ales vary. IPA’s, in particular NEIPA’s should be served around 36 to 38 degrees. The touch warmer temp let’s the hop aromas and tastes come out. Stouts, porters and dark ales should be around 38 to 40 degrees for the dark malt flavors.
Really crap, mass-produced beers should be served right at freezing temps to freeze your taste buds as quick as possible.
These would actually be acceptable temperatures for me, however this is rarely the case nor the recommended temps. This is what I find on brew sites:
  • 35–40°F (2–4°C): Mass market light lagers
  • 40–45°F (4–7°C): Czech and German Pilsners, Munich Helles, wheat beers, and Kölsch
  • 45–50°F (7–10°C): IPAs, American pale ales, porters, and most stouts
  • 50–55°F (10–13°C): Belgian ales, sour ales, Bocks, English bitters and milds, Scottish ales

Big Bang is a misleading name for that beer. If I recall, it was only 5 or 5.5 percent. With a name like that I figured it would be a bit stronger like Foley's other ipa offerings. I personally like the double sunshine better than regular sip. Triple is good as well, but is very strong.

Dove

#kendallstrong
Big Bang is a misleading name for that beer. If I recall, it was only 5 or 5.5 percent. With a name like that I figured it would be a bit stronger like Foley's other ipa offerings. I personally like the double sunshine better than regular sip. Triple is good as well, but is very strong.
I had the Big Bang last night. 5.5% and more yellow than many hazy IPAs. There was quite a bit of sediment but I was not put off. This beer tasted great.

The Focal Banger was really good but I feel it tastes just like Sip of Sunshine. Not a bad beer to emulate.

Today I finish the 4 pack with the Fair Maiden.

I had the Big Bang last night. 5.5% and more yellow than many hazy IPAs. There was quite a bit of sediment but I was not put off. This beer tasted great.

The Focal Banger was really good but I feel it tastes just like Sip of Sunshine. Not a bad beer to emulate.

Today I finish the 4 pack with the Fair Maiden.
Breakfast of Champions!

Vermont named the craft beer capital of the nation. Connecticut in the middle.

Vermont was named the craft beer capital of America in a report released last month by C+R Research called “The State of Craft Beer.” According to the report, America’s interest in craft beer has grown significantly in the last decade or so, with craft breweries increasing from 1,511 nationwide in 2007 to 6,655 as of July of last year.

C+R Research reported that there are 11.5 craft breweries per capita in Vermont, the most of any U.S. state, and that Vermont produces the most beer: 151.2 pints for every adult age 21 or older. Additionally, Vermont ranked second in the nation for its craft beer financial impact, with adults aged 21 or over spending $667 per capita (topped only by Colorado at No. 1, where adults spend $764 per capita).

This New England state was just named the craft beer capital of the U.S. | Boston.com

Vermont named the craft beer capital of the nation. Connecticut in the middle.

Vermont was named the craft beer capital of America in a report released last month by C+R Research called “The State of Craft Beer.” According to the report, America’s interest in craft beer has grown significantly in the last decade or so, with craft breweries increasing from 1,511 nationwide in 2007 to 6,655 as of July of last year.

C+R Research reported that there are 11.5 craft breweries per capita in Vermont, the most of any U.S. state, and that Vermont produces the most beer: 151.2 pints for every adult age 21 or older. Additionally, Vermont ranked second in the nation for its craft beer financial impact, with adults aged 21 or over spending $667 per capita (topped only by Colorado at No. 1, where adults spend $764 per capita).

This New England state was just named the craft beer capital of the U.S. | Boston.com
I wonder if it is starting to have a negative impact on skiing?
I'm not kidding, a craft beer hangover is infinitely worse than a budweiser hangover and equally 2 craft beers at lunch makes returning to the hill more hazardous than probably 3 coors lights.