OT: Best Beer

Denial alert! :p

I have decades of science on my side...

I'll leave you with this. And this.

But of course you and everyone who agrees with you is special and unaffected by any of the things discussed in the former and can accurately identify 100% of the beers in the latter, right?

I fully don't expect either you nor the other guy in denial to read either link. Ignorance is bliss. Keep being special!
I tried reading them, but too long, too boring.
Going to side with "projection alert."

Rico444

Strive for Five
Picked up a 4 pack of SingleCut DDH Full Stack ($23...pricy). This might be the best beer I've ever had. It's that damn good.

That and Cold Fire are both in my top 5. SingleCut is so damn good...now if they can only get those prices down a bit.

Curiouser
Friends came over for the game on Saturday and brought some great CT beers that I enjoyed sampling: I had Stubborn Beauty's Nummy Nummy DIPA before and it still tasted good, but I thought their Happy Treez NEIPA was better; and I thought Beer'd's One Thing Led to Another DDHIPA was even better than those. Very soft and crushable.

I also sampled this year's batch of Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale, which has been an annual ritual for at least thirty years. Still quaffable, but hardly even hoppy by today's standards.

Picked up a 4 pack of SingleCut DDH Full Stack ($23...pricy). This might be the best beer I've ever had. It's that damn good.

That and Cold Fire are both in my top 5. SingleCut is so damn good...now if they can only get those prices down a bit.
$23 for a 4 pack of beer. Man, we're all getting old. LOL. When I was a Sophomore in Storrs, $23 would get me a pair of 30 pack cans of Natty Light.

Friends came over for the game on Saturday and brought some great CT beers that I enjoyed sampling: I had Stubborn Beauty's Nummy Nummy DIPA before and it still tasted good, but I thought their Happy Treez NEIPA was better; and I thought Beer'd's One Thing Led to Another DDHIPA was even better than those. Very soft and crushable.
Funny you mention Happy Treez. I was at Mondo in Middletown on Saturday and had one. I thought it was really good. Now if someone can just tell Mondo that they shouldn't serve a beer like that in a frosted pint glass. I had to let it warm up for 5 minutes before drinking it.

Dove

Voted Top 100 Funniest Poster in 2001, 2004, 2009

I also sampled this year's batch of Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale, which has been an annual ritual for at least thirty years. Still quaffable, but hardly even hoppy by today's standards.
Love Dogs and Boats but I tried their One Thing Led To Another...and it is better. It satisfies my beer Fixx!!

See what I did there?

Curiouser
Funny you mention Happy Treez. I was at Mondo in Middletown on Saturday and had one. I thought it was really good. Now if someone can just tell Mondo that they shouldn't serve a beer like that in a frosted pint glass. I had to let it warm up for 5 minutes before drinking it.
Any time I am in a bar that features frosted beer glasses I have to tell them that I don't want one. I'll never forget when Donahue's first opened in Madison and wanted to make it their signature to serve "the coldest beer on the Shoreline." I ordered a Guinness--a beer that should never be served ice cold imo--and got the bartender's attention before he poured it into a frosted glass so I could tell him I didn't want a frosted glass. He said that all the glasses were frosted, so I had him run it under hot water before filling it.

I thought the same on the Celebration. Have pretty much been limiting to more mellow session IPAs lately and decided to give something more 'wintery' a shot, so grabbed a sixer of Celebration. Seemed really mellow. Not bad, but not hoppy either.

Any time I am in a bar that features frosted beer glasses I have to tell them that I don't want one. I'll never forget when Donahue's first opened in Madison and wanted to make it their signature to serve "the coldest beer on the Shoreline." I ordered a Guinness--a beer that should never be served ice cold imo--and got the bartender's attention before he poured it into a frosted glass so I could tell him I didn't want a frosted glass. He said that all the glasses were frosted, so I had him run it under hot water before filling it.
...and places that want to serve everything in a pilsner glass...because that's all they have

Got some more trillium in a beer swap

Scaled: meh hazy
Cutting tiles: decent hazy
Gay Head: this was actually a very good hazy. Would hang with the better stuff from Monkish, Modern Times, Mikkeller, Great Notion etc.
And a couple half decent sours

And I feel like it's nearly impossible to get a cold beer anymore. I hate you guys!

I like my IPA ice cold. Nothing is worse than cool/warm beer, I don’t care what the experts say. Just my taste.

I like the places that ask if you want a frozen glass or not. That’s a nice touch and I’ll always accept, but by the book craft beer drinkers don’t want it. I’d certainly be prepared to give them a room temp glass if it were my bar.

Lagers should be served very cold right at around 34 degrees. They’re supposed to be cold and crisp and that’s a lager.
Ales vary. IPA’s, in particular NEIPA’s should be served around 36 to 38 degrees. The touch warmer temp let’s the hop aromas and tastes come out. Stouts, porters and dark ales should be around 38 to 40 degrees for the dark malt flavors.
Really crap, mass-produced beers should be served right at freezing temps to freeze your taste buds as quick as possible.

Lagers should be served very cold right at around 34 degrees. They’re supposed to be cold and crisp and that’s a lager.
Ales vary. IPA’s, in particular NEIPA’s should be served around 36 to 38 degrees. The touch warmer temp let’s the hop aromas and tastes come out. Stouts, porters and dark ales should be around 38 to 40 degrees for the dark malt flavors.
Really crap, mass-produced beers should be served right at freezing temps to freeze your taste buds as quick as possible.
What about root beer?