Best 2017 Freshman PG’s | The Boneyard

Best 2017 Freshman PG’s

Reaction Score
Many teams got production from freshman pg’s
22 Hoopgurlz pg’s in 2017 and 80% were productive and then some.

#2 HG Evina Westbrook Tenn
SEC All Freshman Team 8.4 ppg, 4.3 apg, started all 33 games

#4. Chastity Patterson Texas
2.8 ppg 7 min, 24 games 0 starts

#6 Chennedy Carter A&M
Unanimous Freshman of the Year
22.7 ppg, 5 apg

# 7 Anastasia Hayes Tenn
SEC SIXTH WOMAN OF THE YEAR
9.3 ppg, 3.5 apg

#8 Kiana Williams Stanford
All PAC 12 Honorable mention
PAC 12 All Freshman team
10.5 ppg

#9 Dana Evans
ACC ALL FRESHMAN TEAM
5.1 ppg 3.7 apg,, defensive standout
39 games, 1 start, 17.1 mpg

#20 Alexis Morris Baylor
9.3 ppg 3.6 apg, 8 starts of 32 games
46% 3 pt fg

#24 Lindsey Duval L’ville
Redshirted

#46 Gabby Connally Georgia
6.7 ppg, season high of 37 points verse A&M on the road. Sneaky good. Took a lot of minutes from Taja Cole.

# 53 Chelsea Gibson Loy Marymt
5.2 ppg

#55 Channise Lewis MD
34 games, 32 starts, 26.6 mpg, 5.4 ppg, 4.4 apg. Originally signed w Illinois. When Slocum transferred changed commitment to Maryland

#61 Karissa McLaughlin Purdue
All Big Ten Freshman team
10.5 Ppg. 73 3 pointers new Purdue record. 90% free throws

#63 Aleah Goodman OREGON St
Back up pg. 6.3 ppg, 46% 3 point shooter. Can come in and bomb it. Not shy.

#65 Cara Ursin. Baylor
28 games with 1 start.
2.9 per game, 2 rbd

#69 Mykea Gray. Miami
Started all 32 games. 11.7 ppg, 2.3 apg. All ACC Coaches Freshman team

#70 Khayla Pointer LSU
4.4 ppg

#75 Ashley Jones West Virginia
Played in 37 games, 17 mpg, 2.8 ppg, 2.6 apg. Transferred to Temple

#87 Desiree Oliver Temple
Played in 22 games, 9 starts missed 8 games mid season due to injury. Avg 6.8 pts, 2.3 rbd, 2.2 apg.

#94 DEE Bekelje. DePaul
Played 30 games 7 mpg, 2.8 ppg

#95 Jordon Hamilton Northwestern
Started all 29 games. 7.7 ppg and led Cats with 4.9 apg

#98 Tori Williams Utah transferred to CSU
All Pac-12 Freshman 9.2 ppg

#100 Maria Paula Lopez Albiero BYU
Brazil

Last edited:

newsincerity

New Sincerity
Reaction Score
I'll add #17 Kiana Smith from Cal.

She was listed by Hoopgurlz as a 6'0" guard, but ended up playing a lot of PG last season, racking up a team-high 4.75 assists/game and 8.6 points/game.

She was a late bloomer in HS and it seems will only continue to improve. Her game is pretty complete as is but with more experience and assertiveness, she might have WNBA potential. Not bad for a player that was unranked until late in her HS career.

Also, a quick correction: #98 Tori Williams played her freshman year at Utah, not Temple, before transferring to Colorado State. Though listed as a PG by Hoopgurlz, she did not run the point for Utah but rather played shooting guard where she hit 64 three-pointers at a solid clip of 34.2%

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I'll add #17 Kiana Smith from Cal.

She was listed by Hoopgurlz as a 6'0" guard, but ended up playing a lot of PG last season, racking up a team-high 4.75 assists/game and 8.6 points/game.

She was a late bloomer in HS and it seems will only continue to improve. Her game is pretty complete as is but with more experience and assertiveness, she might have WNBA potential. Not bad for a player that was unranked until late in her HS career.

Also, a quick correction: #98 Tori Williams played her freshman year at Utah, not Temple, before transferring to Colorado State. Though listed as a PG by Hoopgurlz, she did not run the point for Utah but rather played shooting guard where she hit 64 three-pointers at a solid clip of 34.2%

I am glad there is a new sincerity. the old one was beginning to ring hollow! Great handle. :confused:

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I expect a big year from Westbrook.

Reaction Score
The thread title has left me wondering:

Is it
  • Best 2017 Freshman PG's grades?
  • Best 2017 Freshman PG's cars?
  • Best 2017 Freshman PG's pets?
INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO K NOW

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Cool, thanks for putting this together. A few of them might grow into more of a PG but for now just appear to be guards who are small in stature. K. Williams from Stanford really finished the season strong but she's much more of a scorer than a distributor, Sniezek is the PG. With one more year for Sniezek and 2 other supposed PGs in Anna Wilson and Jenna Brown on the roster, Williams might not ever really be the PG for them.

I wasn't convinced that Goodman from Oregon St. is really a floor general/distributor either, but she can definitely light it up behind the 3 point arc.

Will be interesting to see how both of these players develop.

Reaction Score
Cool, thanks for putting this together. A few of them might grow into more of a PG but for now just appear to be guards who are small in stature. K. Williams from Stanford really finished the season strong but she's much more of a scorer than a distributor, Sniezek is the PG. With one more year for Sniezek and 2 other supposed PGs in Anna Wilson and Jenna Brown on the roster, Williams might not ever really be the PG for them.

I wasn't convinced that Goodman from Oregon St. is really a floor general/distributor either, but she can definitely light it up behind the 3 point arc.

Goodman played well in the tourney for Oreg St. Knew nothing about her and expected a big drop off and she throws up these 3 balls and many went in. Didn’t expect that. I was impressed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kiana Smith was a big omission. I saw her on list but didn’t check her out if she played point. Mackenzie Forbes (Folsom Ca) should be a nice player to go along with Smith this year. Good corrections on Tori Williams. Didn’t know she was off guard.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I really like Kiana Williams. She and Carrington and Maya Dodson are going to have some big years for Stanford.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Had Aleah Goodman shot better in the NCAA tournament her 3PT% likely would have been closer to 50% (She was 3-13 26% in the tournament over 4 games) many of her threes are off the dribble. She will see much of her minutes as a 2 since she is in the same class as Destiny Slocum now. I have a feeling the Beavs will add an elite PG next season. One year behind Slocum before taking over.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I really like Kiana Williams. She and Carrington and Maya Dodson are going to have some big years for Stanford.

Carrington had her moments last season. Maybe she'll be more consistent this year and pick up some of the scoring slack from McPhee's departure. Dodson befuddled me. Seems like she has all the potential in the world but she just wasn't productive as a Fr. Hope she takes a big step forward as a soph.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Goodman played well in the tourney for Oreg St. Knew nothing about her and expected a big drop off and she throws up these 3 balls and many went in. Didn’t expect that. I was impressed.

She didn't have enough attempts to show up on the leader board for 3 point shooting, but she was deadly all year. Same story with several of their players. The team led the country in 3 point shooting% almost wire to wire but they only had 1 player show up on the top 50 list for that category.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom