Benching D-Ham Would Be A Mistake | The Boneyard

Benching D-Ham Would Be A Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gibbs and/or Calhoun need to sit. I know Hamilton is in a woeful shooting slump, but aside from today, he has done more than rebound. When Brimah was out, his defense was actually pretty good especially in crucial stretches of games.
Today, however, was horrible. If I was Ollie I would yank him every time a wide open 3 is given up. He doesn't have to sit long, because he'll get the message. Minutes and pride are what these players fight for. Ollie should use both to send a message, but leave on the floor to start the game.

Reaction Score
Gibbs ain't getting benched, Ollie is committed to him. DHam ain't sitting either he's our best player (potentially). All Coach needs to do really is show them how to correct their mistakes.

That's what bosses do.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We lost because Brimah and Miller picked up too many fouls (Nolan and Facey are not adequate replacements for those two).

Reaction Score
We lost for many reasons, too many fouls being just one of them.
We lost because Brimah and Miller picked up too many fouls (Nolan and Facey are not adequate replacements for those two).

Reaction Score
Neither one fouled out though.

Reaction Score
Does a woeful shooting slump span two seasons? Looks like he finished with 5 assists partly because he prefers to dish the ball off to a freshman, the one guy who seems to have any onions, in crunch time than to attempt to make a meaningful basket.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Gibbs ain't getting benched, Ollie is committed to him. DHam ain't sitting either he's our best player (potentially). All Coach needs to do really is show them how to correct their mistakes.

That's what bosses do.

Gibbs doesn't need to be benched neccessarily, we just need to limit his time at PG. He can be a solid 2 in a rotation w Purvis and Calhoun. It will be interesting to see how KO handles Gibbs going forward. I agree he was 100% committed to him all season but I think it's become so painfully obvious we are better w Adams running the team that hes going to be forced to turn the keys over to Jalen.

Reaction Score
Really? Were they the reason our offense was absolutely putrid for the entire game? I don't think so. We got out rebounded that is a fact. If the rebound differential was more even and we got more possessions out of them what would we have done with them? Dribbled out the shot clock maybe. Taken contested threes for no reason. Forced bad shots for no reason. Drove to the hoop and missed layups. Stood around and not moved the ball. What exactly would we have done with the extra possessions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom