Ben Gordon Ring of Honor | The Boneyard

Ben Gordon Ring of Honor

Reaction Score
When is this set to start or will it be at halftime? Any clue if there will be any memorabilia sold as well? BG is my guy so I will load up on anything they sell.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Lol it’s not happening
How is that funny? Dude was an absolute beast. Incredible player who fell on hard times. Now we sit here and call guys like Vital a warrior. Uconn was 86-23 when he was here in a real conference. 2 BE reg season and 2 BET titles. Oh and he was the leading scorer on a national title team. I hope he is well enough to receive this honor.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
How is that funny? Dude was an absolute beast. Incredible player who fell on hard times. Now we sit here and call guys like Vital a warrior. Uconn was 86-23 when he was here in a real conference. 2 BE reg season and 2 BET titles. Oh and he was the leading scorer on a national title team. I hope he is well enough to receive this honor.
It’s funny because the poster thought the event was that night. It will definitely happen some day as he is technically inducted just hasn’t lined up for his ceremony yet.

Reaction Score
I remember some fans were actually tough on Gordon as a sophomore and junior for not being enough of a big-time player. I specifically remember a few fans in my section at XL Center games being all over him. It was like the 23-point game and game-winning 3 against Nova in the 2002 Big East Tournament never happened. I don’t think I’ve heard anyone question his big-game ability after the 2004 postseason, though.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Ben pretty much won the 2004 BET himself. Remember Emeka sat the entire time.

ADD: By the entire time I clearly meant the entire first two games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ben pretty much won the 2004 BET himself. Remember Emeka sat the entire time.
Definitely true that Gordon carried the Huskies in that BET. But Okafor did play in the championship game against Pitt.

UConn junior forward and two-time BIG EAST Player of the Year Emeka Okafor returned to the Husky lineup after missing the first two games of the tournament with back spasms. Okafor scored 11 points and grabbed 13 rebounds for his 20th double-double of the year before fouling out with 2:19 to play and UConn trailing by two 56-54.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom