BeIN Sports | The Boneyard

BeIN Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just noticed I get BeIN Sports! I remember checking a few years ago and finding no dice when they had all those USMNT games. For some reason Cox has it buried way up the dial on 1491. Chelsea-Liverpool today, Barca-Athletico tomorrow.

Liverpool still pathetic. Could have scored early but Sterling refused to pass to a wide open Gerrard. Balotelli is set up nicely and he launches the ball into orbit. Reminded me of some of those shots that used to bounce of the roof of the hockey rink back in the day. Henderson badly misses a free header.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I actually just noticed this last weekend as well. I have Cox as well and they added BeIn and Big10 and Pac12 etc on those higher channels awhile back. Problem was, it was part of their "Sports Extra Package 2". They must have re classified their packages lately because for soem random reason I checked the station last weekend and got it as well. I checked the website and BeIn is now part of the regular Sports Extra Package. I'm glad too because I almost shelled out the extra $10 a month a few months ago to get the station. No longer needed as I already get the Sports Extra Package.

As much as I really like the Premier League and watch it regularly, I'm excited to watch some La Liga and other major European Soccer.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I actually just noticed this last weekend as well. I have Cox as well and they added BeIn and Big10 and Pac12 etc on those higher channels awhile back. Problem was, it was part of their "Sports Extra Package 2". They must have re classified their packages lately because for soem random reason I checked the station last weekend and got it as well. I checked the website and BeIn is now part of the regular Sports Extra Package. I'm glad too because I almost shelled out the extra $10 a month a few months ago to get the station. No longer needed as I already get the Sports Extra Package.

As much as I really like the Premier League and watch it regularly, I'm excited to watch some La Liga and other major European Soccer.
I get it on Comcast, but wish I could get it in HD.

Reaction Score
TWC has it in HD....which is about the only positive thing I can say about TWC.

Reaction Score
I have it. I DVR "The Locker Room", but some of the pundits they have annoy the crap out of me.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Barca-Athletico: what a barnburner of a 1st half! The 2nd half is anticlimactic. Athletico is a man down from an incident in the tunnel at the half. They should be two men down. How does taking off your boot and throwing it at the assistant referee only rate a yellow?

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
I get it on Comcast, but wish I could get it in HD.
I get it in HD but wish Cox would add CBSSports network to HD so I can watch UConn games on that crap channel in HD. Can't stand non-HD tv anymore

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I get it in HD but wish Cox would add CBSSports network to HD so I can watch UConn games on that crap channel in HD. Can't stand non-HD tv anymore
Well I do have CBSSN in HD. So I guess you win some you lose some.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
It's part of the DirecTV sports package... love the soccer coverage... my son plays rugby so that's fun... plus when I'm really bored team handball is an interesting diversion.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Interesting. Wish I noticed this thread about a month ago. I have Cox as well, as was bummed that BeIN and BeIN2 were part of the higher sports package when they were first introduced. Glad Big10 and PAC12 networks are still up there. I have no interest in supporting those channels (if and until UConn is in a P5 conference).

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The Deportes package on DirecTV is a great deal. A bunch of soccer channels for $5 a month (beIN Sports USA & Español, ESPN Deportes, Univision Deportes, GolTV, FOX Deportes, and TyC Sports from Argentina). Tragically, the last 3 are currently in SD.

http://www.directv.com/international/en_espanol

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Interesting. Wish I noticed this thread about a month ago. I have Cox as well, as was bummed that BeIN and BeIN2 were part of the higher sports package when they were first introduced. Glad Big10 and PAC12 networks are still up there. I have no interest in supporting those channels (if and until UConn is in a P5 conference).
In case you didn't see this either I just saw that Cox now has CBSSN on HD as well. 1135. It's about freaking time....

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Unfortunately my BeIN sports is in SD. But at least I got it. Would like to be able to get FS2 also. But no luck so far.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately my BeIN sports is in SD. But at least I got it. Would like to be able to get FS2 also. But no luck so far.

With DirectTV I get everything soccer FS1/FS2/BeIN) with the exception of GolTV which comes with the Spanish language package and I refues to pay extra for that considering that I am paying for the DirecTV "Soccer" package. Why GolTV isn't a part of that is beyond me. With the Bundesliga moving to Fox next year there won't be a reason to want it as far as I know.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
In case you didn't see this either I just saw that Cox now has CBSSN on HD as well. 1135. It's about freaking time....

Thanks, I hadn't seen that. Just in time for next season.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
With DirectTV I get everything soccer FS1/FS2/BeIN) with the exception of GolTV which comes with the Spanish language package and I refues to pay extra for that considering that I am paying for the DirecTV "Soccer" package. Why GolTV isn't a part of that is beyond me. With the Bundesliga moving to Fox next year there won't be a reason to want it as far as I know.
Yeah GolTV is crAp. I only get it in SD as well and tried watching a few Bundesliga games but it was horrible. With Fox taking over and all the other major leagues tied up, not sure if the channel even stays. Do they carry anything else?

Reaction Score
Yeah GolTV is crAp. I only get it in SD as well and tried watching a few Bundesliga games but it was horrible. With Fox taking over and all the other major leagues tied up, not sure if the channel even stays. Do they carry anything else?

I have no idea. And their website is so bad that I can't tell.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Unfortunately I can't do satellite. Too many trees. (and they're not mine - of course who know what could happen to them in the middle of the night??)

Reaction Score
Unfortunately I can't do satellite. Too many trees. (and they're not mine - of course who know what could happen to them in the middle of the night??)

Sat has some interesting issues.

So there I was, watching the US play Portugal in the World Cup last summer. Last thing I see is Zusi getting subbed off and he's taking forever to get off the field and it's 2-1 in injury time. Injury click goes from 4 min, to 5 min. At that point in time the passing thunderstorm centers itself perfectly over my house and I lose the signal.

The next partial image I see shows the score as 2-2. But I think I would have jumped out of skin if I had to see that goal live.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I guess I don't have the extra sports tier for comcast. But I did find a stream for the Cap One cup. #COYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom