Before you get too confused: NY Post,Lenn Robbins ND may have to leave BE | The Boneyard

Before you get too confused: NY Post,Lenn Robbins ND may have to leave BE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/colleg..._may_have_to_leave_big_y8kGrY2gRXGMWWnpgJFJhL

This article was posted early this am, after the other NY Post article. Same writer who says the 6 invites go out by Tuesday, Lenn Robbins

"West Virginia might have been the last straw --for Notre Dame.

The Mountaineers' decision to join the Big 12, as reported in yesterday's Post, has placed greater pressure than ever on Notre Dame to retain its status as an independent in football, because the battered Big East Conference might no longer be a home for its non-revenue sports, several sources told The Post."

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If I am interpreting this correctly, ND will be forced out of the BE because ND won't view a BE with only the catholic members as acceptable for their elite olympic sports programs. What a shock! ;)

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We may soon learn if #BegHarder was all part of Herbst's master plan to destroy the Big East and force ND's hand.

Missouri is clearly stalling, and if I was the SEC, I would be pretty pissed right now.

Reaction Score
We may soon learn if #BegHarder was all part of Herbst's master plan to destroy the Big East and force ND's hand.

Missouri is clearly stalling, and if I was the SEC, I would be pretty pissed right now.

The SEC should move on the ACC, leave MO out to dry.

Reaction Score
If I am interpreting this correctly, ND will be forced out of the BE because ND won't view a BE with only the catholic members as acceptable for their elite olympic sports programs. What a shock! ;)

+1. Notre Dame really is unbelievable. They have been associated with the big east schools in a conference for like twenty years. A conference they deemed below them as far as ever joining for football despite the fact that they could have been the glue that held the Big East together. Now they may be willing to join a league in the ACC where the schools are not materially better than their old Big East partners and bring their football with them.

They were the key to a true eastern all sports conference. If they wanted to, THEY could create an all sports BCS eastern conference tomorrow. Have to look out for number one I guess.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry -- what are we planning right now for UConn that is based on whether it is good or bad for Notre Dame?

Reaction Score
WE, ain't planning shiittt. WE are simply writing what we think on a message board. WE are powerless, and hoping to tagalong like NDs little sister for lack of a better word.

Reaction Score
WE, ain't planning shiittt. WE are simply writing what we think on a message board. WE are powerless, and hoping to tagalong like NDs little sister for lack of a better word.

Fair enough. What is UConn planning to do in ND's interest that gives UConn the right to ask ND to be planning to do something in UConn's interest?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Fair enough. What is UConn planning to do in ND's interest that gives UConn the right to ask ND to be planning to do something in UConn's interest?

I think you are trying to make a clever dig at me. You should try it in English next time.

My earlier post was just an observation that Herbst has been as disruptive a force in the Big East as anyone since Pitt and Syracuse gave us the finger, and maybe forcing ND's to do something was part of her master plan. That would be an insane master plan, but I am trying to give her a little credit.

Reaction Score
Look what im saying, is if ND had ever wanted to, they could have made the Big East, a more stable, and profitable conference for itself and all of their partners.

Now, they appear to be be taking umbrage with fact that WVU, left looking out for themselves and view that as a "final straw" and feel that the Big East is no longer a "suitable" home for their other sports.

You've repeated your stance on this enough, for me to know that you don't see anything wrong with that, but to me ND is being hypocritical. If what is being reported is accurate.

Reaction Score
I think you are trying to make a clever dig at me. You should try it in English next time.

My earlier post was just an observation that Herbst has been as disruptive a force in the Big East as anyone since Pitt and Syracuse gave us the finger, and maybe forcing ND's to do something was part of her master plan. That would be an insane master plan, but I am trying to give her a little credit.

No. WAsn't even thinking about you.

I was responding to Noey's post, and was trying to be exeedingly polite since he's been throwing stalker-like comments at some of my recent comments.

Reaction Score
DAMN HOMIE, its not that serious. I like what you bring to the board really do, but I love it when you call people out for things you yourself do.

In all seriousness you help keep the board readable, and im probably being extra sensitive because the Big East is falling apart around us.

We have a game tonight and I haven't glanced at fb board, let alone the work I have to get done today. After lunch I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom