So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
CT Valley is ok. They have a really nice tap room. People can tour the brewing operation. Very clean. They do a good variety of brews, but they don’t compete heavily in the IPA category. I believe the flight boards are made from old plane propellers, which is cool. But the flights were priced exorbitantly.

Thanks. I didn't necessarily remember hearing about it any of the beer threads so I wasn't sure but it looked like a fairly decent sized operation. That have a ton of beers they brew which I find a bit disconcerting. I'd rather see 8-10 really good beers than 20 average beers.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Anyone have reviews on Connecticut Valley Brewing in South Windsor?
Not a fan, I must say. Haven't been for awhile, when I last visited pre-COVID they had 1 stout and 9 IPA's on tap. I didn't think they had it down, all the offerings had a burn. The tap room is nice but it feels way too corporate to me. It's a room designed by a business consultant not a brewer.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Alvarium in New Britain released Citrus Sap in cans in December/January. Off the hook in balanced hoppy dankness. Was crackish. A new batch is coming out soon.

Out of Twelve Percent there is Abomination Brewing always releasing their Wandering Into The Fog single hop varieties. IIPAs. He just released, and sold out, of Mosaic, Wai Iti and Columbus. All kicked ass.

Last edited:

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Alvarium in New Britain released Citrus Sap in cans in December/January. Off the hook in balanced hoppy dankness. Was crackish. A new batch is coming out soon.

Out of Twelve Percent there is Abomination Brewing always releasing their Wandering Into The Fog single hop varieties. IIPAs. He just released, and sold out, of Mosaic, Wai Iti and Columbus. All kicked ass.
Wandering into the Fog Mosaic is as close to a perfect beer as anything else I have ever tasted. It’s probably a good thing I can’t find more of it because I would likely remortgage my house to buy as much of it as I could.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Wandering into the Fog Mosaic is as close to a perfect beer as anything else I have ever tasted. It’s probably a good thing I can’t find more of it because I would likely remortgage my house to buy as much of it as I could.
The first run was good, but unspectacular to me. This latest canning was unreal, tdrink.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
With the game coming up tonight, I'm having trouble concentrating. So I called up a guy I knew that usually has some Tree House and invited myself over for a couple. He said, "I'm all out let's go!" So we'll be on the road in an hour and I'll be back later to tell you how long the line is on a Wednesday afternoon in March.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
With the game coming up tonight, I'm having trouble concentrating. So I called up a guy I knew that usually has some Tree House and invited myself over for a couple. He said, "I'm all out let's go!" So we'll be on the road in an hour and I'll be back later to tell you how long the line is on a Wednesday afternoon in March.

Just checked the lineup, they have fantastic stuff today. Super Treat, King Julius, Very Green, JJJULIUSSS, On the Fly. Wow.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Only 5 cars ahead of us in line! Wednesday at 3:15 is a good time to go!

Reaction Score
Just checked the lineup, they have fantastic stuff today. Super Treat, King Julius, Very Green, JJJULIUSSS, On the Fly. Wow.
I went 4 weeks ago and what a haul. King Jjjuliusss, King Julius, Mega Treat, Doubleganger, Juice Project Citra + Galaxy, Eight, a few others and 6 different bottles of stouts. All the mentioned were exceptional. Spent about $300 but it was worth it!

Reaction Score
Never knew Derby was quite the beer town.

And finally, New England is home to two of the best small town beer scenes in the country: Portsmouth, N.H., ranked No. 3, and Derby, Conn., ranked No. 5. Portsmouth was lauded for its more than half a dozen breweries and brew pubs, as well as its Granite State Growler Tours. Derby was recognized, in part, for its “huge” taproom at Bad Sons Brewery and new “brew-centric” restaurant The Quail & Ale opening inside its historic Brewery Building. The top small town beer scene destination is Avondale Estates, Georgia.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
My wife went to Trillium a few days ago. Haven't had any of what she got, but some was new stuff I haven't had. Today she visited some friends and they went to Ravenous Brewing in Cumberland, RI. Now that MA no longer has the travel ban, I can drive the two miles across the border and get a beer without ordering a meal. She brought back some Tilted Barn from those friends and some Ravenous she bought. Tomorrow we are heading to visit friends in Falmouth, will bring some beer and may hit up Bad Martha's the beer is pretty meh, but the Pizza is superb. My friend with the place in Falmouth says Home — AQUATIC BREWING is quite good. It's new, no open taproom now, but we may grab some to go.

Big beer week considering I have yet to have a beer. About to fix that. Happy Friday!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Been up on Alaska for all of March. Their beer game up here doesn't suck. I've been smack dab in middle of state around Fairbanks and the choices have been good.

Most everything is Fairbanks or Anchorage centric.

Matanuska Magnitude 9.2 Double Citrus Ale has been stellar.
Matanuska Back Country Blue is a good Blueberry Ale

The Banks Penultimate Blonde

Kassicks Beaver Tale Blonde

Midnight Sun Brewing Panty Peeler Belgium Trippel

Just a few that have made this month tolerable.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Been up on Alaska for all of March. Their beer game up here doesn't suck. I've been smack dab in middle of state around Fairbanks and the choices have been good.

Most everything is Fairbanks or Anchorage centric.

Matanuska Magnitude 9.2 Double Citrus Ale has been stellar.
Matanuska Back Country Blue is a good Blueberry Ale

The Banks Penultimate Blonde

Kassicks Beaver Tale Blonde

Midnight Sun Brewing Panty Peeler Belgium Trippel

Just a few that have made this month tolerable.

Alaska is amazing.

If you need beer to make Alaska tolerable, you should be fed to a bear.

Reaction Score
Had Maine Beer Company, Mean Old Tom last night. I liked it. Havent drank much Captain Lawrence (west chester) in a while but they did a beer as a collaboration with Capitol Theatre (music venue in Port Chester) called " I will get by" which is a Hazy IPA that I really like.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Alaska is amazing.

If you need beer to make Alaska tolerable, you should be fed to a bear.

Eh, the tolerable comment was more about being away from home and the work. Scenery is pretty amazing. Somewhat limited in the winter months with travelling- some of the roads are still closed.

Being able to see Denali from about 100 miles away is a cool thing.

First few weeks temps ranged from-35 to -40 with highs in the negative 0's??

Now that sun is peeking up a bit more temperatures have steadily stayed in the positive numbers and are almost approaching freezing temp. Still haven't seen 32 degrees in 4+ weeks.

Saw one moose.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So a big beer day on Saturday with some friends on their deck down in Falmouth, MA. Stopped at Aquatic Brewing, which only opened a couple of months ago. No on premise drafts yet, because Massachusetts still requires that you order a meal to order a beer. Tried 3 beers, a New England IPA, Pale Ale and Hefeweizen. All good. Not Treehouse good, but quite good. It's a nice addition, look forward to visiting when we can sit down and order a draft.

IMG_7425 (2).JPG

Reaction Score
This was my go-to IPA when I lived in Washington. Hopefully, it travels well. Did you get that in CT?

Boneyard Beer was just purchased by Deschutes Brewery (Mirror Pond) which will increase their distribution reach.
Boneyard makes a double called Hop Venom and a triple called Notorious that is criminally good.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This was my go-to IPA when I lived in Washington. Hopefully, it travels well. Did you get that in CT?

Boneyard Beer was just purchased by Deschutes Brewery (Mirror Pond) which will increase their distribution reach.
Boneyard makes a double called Hop Venom and a triple called Notorious that is criminally good.
Love Deschutes.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Spectacular day deserves a great beer. Wife is up in Vermont picking up stuff, including Foam. Oh sure there’s a college visit involved but we know what‘s really important.

5B8A19F9-5B4E-4A11-9DEA-7D089AC091B3.jpeg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Any particular reason I'm seeing more Double Dry Hopped DIPA's these days? Has it become a thing? If so, I can get behind it. I just had a good one from Hooker. Lone Pine's Oh-J in the yellow can was the first one I noticed, also very good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom