Beer sales at Gampel? | The Boneyard

Beer sales at Gampel?

Reaction Score
Was at men’s soccer game last Friday and saw that beer was being sold at the concession stands. Anyone know if this might be extended to Gampel for bb games?

Reaction Score
I would hope so for all of us adult beverage drinkers.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Was at men’s soccer game last Friday and saw that beer was being sold at the concession stands. Anyone know if this might be extended to Gampel for bb games?
I believe that is the plan. FWIW, the new hockey arena will have an lounge area built into it. It makes sense for an athletic dept. struggling to breakeven.

Reaction Score
Bring on the 2 Roads at Gampel...opposing teams better get ready for a loud and raucous crowd like they've never seen before.

I'd love to see them spotlight/offer beers from CT breweries who have ties to UConn (UConn grads as brewers, owners).

Some examples off the top of my head (there are others, also):

-Tox Brewing
-Great Falls

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I'd love to see them spotlight/offer beers from CT breweries who have ties to UConn (UConn grads as brewers, owners).

Some examples off the top of my head (there are others, also):

-Tox Brewing
-Great Falls
I think City Steam is a UConn alum too

Reaction Score
This is great if you have a chair seat at Gampel. If you're sitting in the benches, bringing a change of shirt might become the new normal.
I'm glad I am in the last row of my section, just below the main walkway. No one likes getting beer spilled on them.

Reaction Score
A CT beer I haven't had in a while but would like to have at UConn games: Cottrell Old Yankee Ale.

When I was a student, I'd get a six-pack of that every once in a while. Haven't had it since I was a student.

Just a good, solid, balanced amber ale.

Reaction Score
Was it tap, cans, or both?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
A CT beer I haven't had in a while but would like to have at UConn games: Cottrell Old Yankee Ale.

When I was a student, I'd get a six-pack of that every once in a while. Haven't had it since I was a student.

Just a good, solid, balanced amber ale.
Wow, do they still brew that?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
This is great if you have a chair seat at Gampel. If you're sitting in the benches, bringing a change of shirt might become the new normal.
I don't think it's limited to benches. I saw my brother drop a full beer down the back of the guy in front of us at a Whalers game back in the day.

Reaction Score
Couldn’t agree more. This might be one of the most unpopular takes on The Boneyard other than calling all New Jersey point guards overrated, but I’d rather keep beer out of Gampel. And I say this as a man who is finding dangerously effective at finding reasons to have a drink. Besides the general uncomfortableness of Gampel even without beer spilled everywhere is the lack of capacity to have additional concessions of any kind in Gampel. Of course, if guys in my row want to spend half the game in line for beer, I’ll gladly enjoy the extra leg room.

Reaction Score
Couldn’t agree more. This might be one of the most unpopular takes on The Boneyard other than calling all New Jersey point guards overrated, but I’d rather keep beer out of Gampel. And I say this as a man who is finding dangerously effective at finding reasons to have a drink. Besides the general uncomfortableness of Gampel even without beer spilled everywhere is the lack of capacity to have additional concessions of any kind in Gampel. Of course, if guys in my row want to spend half the game in line for beer, I’ll gladly enjoy the extra leg room.
Important exception: If we ever get Cuse at Gampel, they should sell as much alcohol as the law allows to intensify the inevitable merciless heckling of Boeheim.

Reaction Score
My liver:

1630547390753.gif

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't think it's limited to benches. I saw my brother drop a full beer down the back of the guy in front of us at a Whalers game back in the day.
True enough, but those bench seats provide no room for beer. They don't even provide room for your arms!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom