Beat the Monmouth Hawks | The Boneyard

Beat the Monmouth Hawks

Reaction Score
We need to see that this team WANTS to win from the tip. I'd like to see KO bring "ten toes in" back from the dead.

Jalen needs to play at a level he plays at the end of games for the entire 40 minutes. He's a junior and needs to show he's capable of leading this team. The team (CV especially) feeds off his production and can turn into that "floor general" that UConn has been known for.

Win or lose - I want to see a step in the right direction (hopefully Cobb is back tonight).

Reaction Score
Monmouth looks like a good well rounded team with perimeter and post play. Guards and size. Gotta bring our A game. I'll be at the XL enjoying myself, watching my team. Very nice way to spend the afternoon.

Reaction Score
The worst thing about the projected UConn starting lineup against Monmouth (Adams, Anderson, Onuorah, Larrier, Polley) is that it can't beat Monmouth. Further, it guarantees the slow start that KO keeps saying he wants to avoid. Further, for folks like me, who believe this is strictly a rebuilding year, it is completely uninteresting because it includes four players who will not likely be back next year.

Clearly, at the moment, UConn's best starting lineup is Adams, Vital, Carlton or Cobb, Larrier, Diarra. This is the lineup that can get us out of the shoots with maximum firepower and energy -- and a lineup that can certainly beat Monmouth. The only reason not to go with it is the danger of picking up early fouls on key people and leaving only Anderson as a spark off the bench. But certainly the latter considerations are defeatist. They reflect a basic lack of confidence on the part of the coaching staff . Can you imagine Coach K not starting his best shooter and best rebounder for fear they might pick up an early foul?

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
This game scares me.

Reaction Score
We need to see that this team WANTS to win from the tip. I'd like to see KO bring "ten toes in" back from the dead.

Jalen needs to play at a level he plays at the end of games for the entire 40 minutes. He's a junior and needs to show he's capable of leading this team. The team (CV especially) feeds off his production and can turn into that "floor general" that UConn has been known for.

Win or lose - I want to see a step in the right direction (hopefully Cobb is back tonight).
Rather than blaming production or effort I'm going to say if like to see, for the 1st time this season, this team be prepared to not only play a game but be prepared for a specific opponent. How about a coherent game plan, im not even asking for an ability to adapt when it goes South. Then maybe jalen will look like hes not completely lost.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom