Beat ourselves again | The Boneyard

Beat ourselves again

Reaction Score
How many times did we come down court in the 2nd half and hand the ball right back to Seton Hall? How many bad passes? Once again we beat ourselves. 18 turnovers. Killers, every one of them. That’s been the theme of this losing streak.

Reaction Score
How many times did we come down court in the 2nd half and hand the ball right back to Seton Hall? How many bad passes? Once again we beat ourselves. 18 turnovers. Killers, every one of them. That’s been the theme of this losing streak.
Agree on TOs.. Giving too many extra opportunities to the other guys.. Final play of game.. Box out your guy??Put a body on someone?? Desperation time for SH??

Scratching my head on why you wouldn't have a 7'2" guy(with a high BBIQ) camped in the paint for a rebound.

Reaction Score
Agree on TOs.. Giving too many extra opportunities to the other guys.. Final play of game.. Box out your guy??Put a body on someone?? Desperation time for SH??

Scratching my head on why you wouldn't have a 7'2" guy(with a high BBIQ) camped in the paint for a rebound.
I saw AJax and Hawk egregiously mis box out assignments, especially AJax early in the 2nd half when his man, Ndefo or Odukale (don't remember) had 2 rebound dunks that seemed to get Seton Hall going.

Reaction Score
Coming down the stretch, twice in a row guards attempted an entry pass from the left side into Sanogo on the low blocks. Twice in a row that pass was picked off. In both instances, SH beat the defense back down the court and scored. That summed up the second half for me.

Reaction Score
Coming down the stretch, twice in a row guards attempted an entry pass from the left side into Sanogo on the low blocks. Twice in a row that pass was picked off. In both instances, SH beat the defense back down the court and scored. That summed up the second half for me.
IMO.. They were lazy passes that were telegraphed.. To the credit of SH's defense.. They were putting consistent/tight on- ball D on our ball handlers and taking valuable time off of the shot clock at the same time.

Reaction Score
Sanogo can’t be the focal point anymore. We now know it doesn’t work. We’ll never win the big ones this way. Sanogo needs to become part of the offense instead of the focus.

Reaction Score
Also no idea why we waited 20 seconds on the last offensive play of the game where we let Newton get trapped at half court instead of trying to have a play start. Obviously don't rush a shot, but set a screen and get a better opportunity than a shot clock beating 3 and actually have some momentum and praying the other team misses. We aren't even beating ourselves, we are just hoping we don't lose and not doing anything about it

Reaction Score
IMO.. They were lazy passes that were telegraphed.. To the credit of SH's defense.. They were putting consistent/tight on- ball D on our ball handlers and taking valuable time off of the shot clock at the same time.

Exactly!

Reaction Score
Taking way too long getting the ball past half court, Newton is really slow, backing his way and doing the "fancy" behind the back dribbles. Whoever is bringing up the ball, try sprinting. And why doesn't anyone set a screen to help free dribbler from his defender?

Reaction Score
Sanogo can’t be the focal point anymore. We now know it doesn’t work. We’ll never win the big ones this way. Sanogo needs to become part of the offense instead of the focus.

Yes its tiresome that every play on offense felt designed to feed him the ball inside and then they all collapse on Sanogo forcing him into fade away hook shots or trying to take it up on 3 people. It's why I feel like when Clingan is in instead of Sanogo, feeding Clingan isnt the focal point and the offense is able to move faster. I also couldn't stand how there wasn't really any help for Newton bringing the ball up and he would take 10 seconds to get over the half court line dribbling with his back turned to the basket. We were able to score in transition in the pre big east season, not sure what happened to that.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

Andre has been particularly bad with that lately.

Reaction Score
Can someone let Adama know that a dunk is a viable option when you are point blank at the rim? The Elite bigs are dunking everything close to the rim. His insistence on trying to finesse a layup has been his downfall. Try to dunk, maybe get fouled. Point blank miss, followed by ball watching and no box out, this is solely on the players. I saw a tweet that Seton Hall led this game for a total of 6 seconds. Sick to my stomach reading that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom