Bearcat Thoughtz™ | The Boneyard

Bearcat Thoughtz™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. I did not get to watch this mess, and I'm not sure when I'll be in a mindset to watch a replay that's just going to make me either depressed, angry or both. So my ThoughtZ™ are just that. Not observations.
  2. Playing them even in the 2nd half doesn't help much when you spot them 16 points in the first half.
  3. I have suspected for a while that Sal did not do Josh any favors in putting extra weight and muscle on him. He wasn't fast and couldn't get off the ground well before. Now he's downright slow and can't get off the ground at all.
  4. 11 of our 16 turnovers came from our young guys. Carlton, Polley, Vital and Whaley had none.
  5. Thirteen blocks. But blocks are meaningless at best, and sometimes actually detrimental, if you don't secure possession of the block.
  6. Bouk, Gaffney and Adams at least produced a bit of offense that the starters seemed unable to sustain. Unfortunately, they also turned it over 8 times among them.
  7. Chuck it. This is giving me a headache. I'm going to bed.

Reaction Score
I have suspected for a while that Sal did not do Josh any favors in putting extra weight and muscle on him. He wasn't fast and couldn't get off the ground well before. Now he's downright slow and can't get off the ground at all.

he was 235 last year. 250 would've been ideal, not 265!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And yet,
If there was one thing worse than this game.

It is analysis from a dude who didn't even watch the game. LOL.
And yet, somehow he seems to have more clarity than some that watched, go figure.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
  1. I did not get to watch this mess, and I'm not sure when I'll be in a mindset to watch a replay that's just going to make me either depressed, angry or both. So my ThoughtZ™ are just that. Not observations.
  2. Playing them even in the 2nd half doesn't help much when you spot them 16 points in the first half.
  3. I have suspected for a while that Sal did not do Josh any favors in putting extra weight and muscle on him. He wasn't fast and couldn't get off the ground well before. Now he's downright slow and can't get off the ground at all.
  4. 11 of our 16 turnovers came from our young guys. Carlton, Polley, Vital and Whaley had none.
  5. Thirteen blocks. But blocks are meaningless at best, and sometimes actually detrimental, if you don't secure possession of the block.
  6. Bouk, Gaffney and Adams at least produced a bit of offense that the starters seemed unable to sustain. Unfortunately, they also turned it over 8 times among them.
  7. Chuck it. This is giving me a headache. I'm going to bed.
Whatever adjustments were made, at least the second half was cleaner in terms of taking care of the basketball but the blow-by's and easy makes in the paint from their bigs were by far the biggest problem tonight. We were totally exposed. If that doesn't get rectified it'll be a rough road ahead against teams that smell a mismatch inside. Carlton just doesn't have the foot speed and no one else has much bulk but I think there is a way to better utilize him along with Akok and Whaley to offset that. I find it appalling that we had 13 blocks yet the Bearcats still scored 42 points in the paint and Vogt and Scott were a combined 13-15 from the field!

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It was a bad match-up for us. Next!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members