Beam me up Scotty | The Boneyard

Beam me up Scotty

Reaction Score
This whole thing about Portals has me perplexed. A player can just enter a portal, push a button with the desired college’s logo on it and they magically appear on that campus. I’m thinking no team will know who will wind up on their roster until they check name tags on the bus.

Supposing two players try it at the same time? Reminds me of the movie...The Fly. We could have a 6’5” player with a size 4 sneaker. And, is there a round trip button? A coach could wind up with 32 players on the team and not even know it. I’m very skeptical about this portal situation. Maybe I should mention the “T” word and get excommunicated.

For some these martinis taste exceptionally good tonight.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This whole thing about Portals has me perplexed. A player can just enter a portal, push a button with the desired college’s logo on it and they magically appear on that campus. I’m thinking no team will know who will wind up on their roster until they check name tags on the bus.

Supposing two players try it at the same time? Reminds me of the movie...The Fly. We could have a 6’5” player with a size 4 sneaker. And, is there a round trip button? A coach could wind up with 32 players on the team and not even know it. I’m very skeptical about this portal situation. Maybe I should mention the “T” word and get excommunicated.

Not sure some coaches are not helping put some transfer thoughts in some other team's players.

Reaction Score

I am guessing that a player can't enter the portal and then magically appear on the campus of the school that they have "chosen". I would guess that the new school would first have to offer them a scholarship. Therefore no coach is going to be faced with 32 players. They may have a bunch of "hopefuls" but the school will still be bound to the maximum number of scholarships set by the NCAA.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I understand the players enter the portal and then it is open season with contact flying in both directions. Some players contacting coaches and some coaches contacting players. I know Geno called Dorka. and Cardasso posted Auburn or UConn.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I understand the players enter the portal and then it is open season with contact flying in both directions. Some players contacting coaches and some coaches contacting players. I know Geno called Dorka. and Cardasso posted Auburn or UConn.
Cardoso posted Auburn or UConn?

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member