BE v Football 5 | The Boneyard

BE v Football 5

Reaction Score
The BE had a spectacular day yesterday at 7-0. In the previous 3 days it beat Kansas, Maryland and Arizona. It is 29-17 against the F5 which is its best since realignment; it doesn’t have a losing record against any conference. The 3 teams picked for 8,9 and 10 place are as follows:

SJU- 10-2 with wins against Arizona and WVU.
Butler 11-1 with 6 F5 wins (only loss at Baylor by 1)
DePaul 12-1 with 5 F5 wins

Once UConn returns the conference only gets stronger! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

Reaction Score
Butler and St. John's have been the biggest pleasant surprises so far and both teams have plenty of reason to be exciting going into next season.

Next year, Butler will take a scoring hit with Baldwin and McDermott graduating, but lots to like in 20-21 with Aaron Thompson taking the lead as a calming senior point guard presence, Nze and Golden a strong frontcourt duo, some combination of Tucker/Battle to take the next step offensively and a diverse top-20 recruiting class.

With St. John's, the Mike Anderson hire has been a good fit. Next year, Heron will be gone, but if Figueroa returns the team brings back a strong core from this year. The physical duo of freshman Julian Champagnie and sophomore Marcellus Earlington have been fun to watch while '20 recruit Posh Alexander brings NYC toughness to their long-term lead guard spot while senior Rasheem Dunn has been a great late-offseason transfer add due to his late-game ability to get to the line.

To be honest, I'll miss the Wichita State/Cincy matchups but aside from that I'm so pumped for Big East basketball next year!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Butler and St. John's have been the biggest pleasant surprises so far and both teams have plenty of reason to be exciting going into next season.

Next year, Butler will take a scoring hit with Baldwin and McDermott graduating, but lots to like in 20-21 with Aaron Thompson taking the lead as a calming senior point guard presence, Nze and Golden a strong frontcourt duo, some combination of Tucker/Battle to take the next step offensively and a diverse top-20 recruiting class.

With St. John's, the Mike Anderson hire has been a good fit. Next year, Heron will be gone, but if Figueroa returns the team brings back a strong core from this year. The physical duo of freshman Julian Champagnie and sophomore Marcellus Earlington have been fun to watch while '20 recruit Posh Alexander brings NYC toughness to their long-term lead guard spot.

To be honest, I'll miss the Wichita State/Cincy matchups but aside from that I'm so pumped for Big East basketball next year!
I understand you will miss the WSU and Cinn matchups, back in the day every Big East game was like those match ups. Gampel was packed for every game. We were the biggest game for everybody and with one tough Irishman at the helm we responded. Can’t wait to get back there. Watching Big East games I realize it will be a tough road for us. When I say us and we to my wife she often asks what number I am (LOL).But that is how strong I feel about UConn men’s basketball.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Is the Big East better than the AAC overall in hoops - yes
But the AAC has come a long way and the top 5-6 teams are very solid and can compete with most teams
It's weak at the bottom but those teams are making strides in getting better
Anyone who just claims it sucks is being superficial IMO

Reaction Score
But the AAC has come a long way and the top 5-6 teams are very solid and can compete with most teams
lol and then maybe three of them get in the tournament
Who is making strides? Can you demonstrate this?

Explain your use of “superficial” here

Reaction Score
I take you weren't happy we left the dumpster fire in a trailer park known as the AAC?

Reaction Score
Big East at 30-15 vs So-called Power 5 Conferences.

Values = Kenpom
30 Marquette 3-2
21 Seton Hall 2-3
27 Xavier 2-2
78 Providence 1-2
83 St Johns 2-1
62 DePaul 5-0
38 Georgetown 3-1
19 Villanova 2-2
7 Butler 6-1
46 Creighton 4-1

Versus
SEC 5-3
ACC 2-3
Big 12 11-3
Pac 12 4-2
Big 10 8-5

Reaction Score
The AAC stinks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104