BE Tie Breakers | The Boneyard

BE Tie Breakers

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
In looking at the remain in schedule it looks like Creighton and Seton Hall could both end the BE regular season at 13-7. Seton Hall has four games left on the road at Creighton and us, at home against Villanova and DePaul. They are 11-5 and I see 2-2 to finish season with that schedule. Creighton is 11-6 has three games left, at home vs Seton Hall, at home vs Marquette and at Villanova to end the year. 2-1 is plausible and I think one of those wins will be against Seton Hall and that would make them 2-0 against Hall this year. So if they both end up 13-7 in league play…does anyone know what the tie breaker would be. Somehow I have coin flip in my mind but would it be head to head record?

Reaction Score
  1. Regular season head-to-head results. If the tied teams split their two games or did not play, then proceed to Step 2. If the teams play once, that still satisfies the series. In the event that the teams play more than twice, and those games are considered conference games, all games will be considered.
  2. Each team’s winning percentage vs. the team or tied (group of) teams occupying the highest position in the standings. Only common opponents will be considered. If an advantage is not determined, proceed to the next team or group of tied teams in the standings for comparison. Continue down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
  1. Regular season head-to-head results. If the tied teams split their two games or did not play, then proceed to Step 2. If the teams play once, that still satisfies the series. In the event that the teams play more than twice, and those games are considered conference games, all games will be considered.
  2. Each team’s winning percentage vs. the team or tied (group of) teams occupying the highest position in the standings. Only common opponents will be considered. If an advantage is not determined, proceed to the next team or group of tied teams in the standings for comparison. Continue down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.
Thank you that was quick.

Reaction Score
Can play around all the different scenarios here, this is the result of yours

IMG_6619.jpeg

Reaction Score
We need to win the Big East regular season outright and we're right on the cusp. Incredible that even with all our success in the 21st century, the last time we did that was 1998-99. We're insanely overdue for an undisputed conference title.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom