BE scouting.. | The Boneyard

BE scouting..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thought a thread to comment on our upcoming scheduled games would be worthwhile. Many of us live in different regions get different games and many others don't get a chance to watch non-Uconn games...

I would like to start:

2 teams i have seen NCST and Syracuse - my thoughts:

1. NCST - I considered them to be a major contender this year, even though they are young. OK state proved you can run on them with success and I think bazz and boat can beat their guards off the dribble. They don't shoot 3's extremely well nor free throws. I think we win bc the defensive risks our guards take may not end up with made 3's and perhaps letting them take the outside shoot vs utilize their front court may be to our benefit. In my opinion, a soft 3/4 court press might work well vs this team.. i feel good for some reason here.

2. Syracuse - team looked awesome tonight against a pretty good Arkansas team.. I think Arkansas did a good job breaking the zone when the utilized the middle and late in the 1st half ran some good zone offensive sets. Sutherland was a beast and he may be the star of this team when its all said and done I thought this last year and now he is getting more time. he is 6'8" and can stroke it and moves without the ball - but doesn't play on the blocks so I think DD and OC can guard him. But we cant leave him alone. Carter-Williams is, in my opinion is not a PG and I think bazz can pick him and give him trouble on defense. He ONLY goes to his strong hand.. must force him the opposite way. CJ Fair, just like last year loves to go baseline and he is a match up nightmare for us if DD is out. Again he goes left more so than not but he elevates and works hard on the boards. This team is very solid and looks to have the whole package. Their offense is fueled off their zone defense run out and in a game like that they are deadly - but If we execute good patient offense and score they struggle to get to their comfort zone. If we can utilize DD or RJ (when he is back) in that soft elbow area we can beat this team.. I feel like they would beat Lville but lose to Butler.. all about tempo and style here.

3. Gtown - hard to watch. I saw them against an overrated UCLA team and they looked great and then tonight it was gross to watch . Typical Gtown... but they are a strong team with length and physicality.

In one year Rhode Island will beat both of these teams bc they have the best coach there is..

havent seen Pitt or ND or Marquette.. any thoughts??

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Watched about half Depaul/Auburn. Both teams suck beyond words. It reminded me of the 7 on 7 (or 10 on 10) games I would see the foreign students play in the field house when I was at UConn. Half the guys didn't dribble, and most of them couldn't shoot although there was still a fair amount of scoring because no one was playing defense or rebounding. You would see one guy take and miss 3 shots in a row until he hit it because the rest of the players would just watch him. There would just be this out of control mob running up and down the court, sometimes with the ball, sometimes just with a life of its own.

And Depaul/Auburn was worse than that.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Thought a thread to comment on our upcoming scheduled games would be worthwhile. Many of us live in different regions get different games and many others don't get a chance to watch non-Uconn games...

I would like to start:

2 teams i have seen NCST and Syracuse - my thoughts:

1. NCST - I considered them to be a major contender this year, even though they are young. OK state proved you can run on them with success and I think bazz and boat can beat their guards off the dribble. They don't shoot 3's extremely well nor free throws. I think we win bc the defensive risks our guards take may not end up with made 3's and perhaps letting them take the outside shoot vs utilize their front court may be to our benefit. In my opinion, a soft 3/4 court press might work well vs this team.. i feel good for some reason here.

2. Syracuse - team looked awesome tonight against a pretty good Arkansas team.. I think Arkansas did a good job breaking the zone when the utilized the middle and late in the 1st half ran some good zone offensive sets. Sutherland was a beast and he may be the star of this team when its all said and done I thought this last year and now he is getting more time. he is 6'8" and can stroke it and moves without the ball - but doesn't play on the blocks so I think DD and OC can guard him. But we cant leave him alone. Carter-Williams is, in my opinion is not a PG and I think bazz can pick him and give him trouble on defense. He ONLY goes to his strong hand.. must force him the opposite way. CJ Fair, just like last year loves to go baseline and he is a match up nightmare for us if DD is out. Again he goes left more so than not but he elevates and works hard on the boards. This team is very solid and looks to have the whole package. Their offense is fueled off their zone defense run out and in a game like that they are deadly - but If we execute good patient offense and score they struggle to get to their comfort zone. If we can utilize DD or RJ (when he is back) in that soft elbow area we can beat this team.. I feel like they would beat Lville but lose to Butler.. all about tempo and style here.

3. Gtown - hard to watch. I saw them against an overrated UCLA team and they looked great and then tonight it was gross to watch . Typical Gtown... but they are a strong team with length and physicality.

In one year Rhode Island will beat both of these teams bc they have the best coach there is..

havent seen Pitt or ND or Marquette.. any thoughts??
Cuse looked great in their zone in the first half that I watched. They made it very hard for guards to penetrate. Could be a long game on the offensive end.

Sutherland's best shot is five feet beyond the three. I wish we still has RS because Fair and Sutherland are the perfect players for his defense. Myrik was able to score a lot on DD so I'm conerned.

caw

Reaction Score
Cuse looked great in their zone in the first half that I watched. They made it very hard for guards to penetrate. Could be a long game on the offensive end.

Sutherland's best shot is five feet beyond the three. I wish we still has RS because Fair and Sutherland are the perfect players for his defense. Myrik was able to score a lot on DD so I'm conerned.

Southerland is finally living up to his supposed shooting prowess. Still can't dribble but he could easily be a James Jones type of NBA player (if he can play defense outside of a zone). I don't think he dribbled once the entire game and put up 35 points or so. Unreal shooting.

UConn will have trouble with Cuse because they have height at every position and if Coleman ever figures it out, they will be downright scary. That said, they don't currently have much of a bench at all at the guard position. Cooley has yet to show much of anything, though Triche and MCW are both playing very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom