Be prepared... this is all you're going to see during ND-MD | The Boneyard

Be prepared... this is all you're going to see during ND-MD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The only way this would be more true is if you had posted a picture of Diggins typing away on her phone.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
There are far worse things to see during a game ;)

Was hoping she would make an appearance at the Duke game in cameron or the ACC tourney.... maybe next year

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Having never attended a final four I wonder how common it is to have graduate players hanging out signing autographs? Don't forget she has a rapper sports agent and a white Mercedes. Gotta keep the girl working and out in public and her WNBA season was not a smash hit. I wonder why she is not playing abroad. Can't wait for the in stadium interview while a silly little thing like a semifinal game progresses, uncovered, below.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I don't know. We love it when UCONN alums are around. I'd love to see Sue, Dee, Maya, Tina, Kelly, etc etc at the final 4. Not sure that would necessarily detract from UCONN, would it?

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
She should just get on with her film career, and the sooner the better....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't know. We love it when UCONN alums are around. I'd love to see Sue, Dee, Maya, Tina, Kelly, etc etc at the final 4. Not sure that would necessarily detract from UCONN, would it?

I agree I love the alums in the stands pumping their fists, clapping their hands. But it is just the setting up an autograph booth in the venue that is just a little creepy. Come to the Final Four and get a photog with SD! Look, she flunked the semifinal test last year and pouted and went into a funk in the process. It is weird but oh so typically ego centric of her.

Reaction Score
True, I do like seeing Calhoun and Rip in the crowd constantly for the men, reminder of what greats we had playing/coaching in Storrs.

Reaction Score
Having never attended a final four I wonder how common it is to have graduate players hanging out signing autographs?
I remember the Paris sisters signing autographs at a booth a couple of years ago.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
They are rarely that visible.

Reaction Score
Guess ESPN just can't let go of the three to see. Wonder if any notable UConn or Stanford alums will be in attendance and get some camera time.

Reaction Score
I keep noticing an image of Diggins in the studio background when Lawson and Lobo are being interviewed in the studio ( not courtside). Weird that they keep looking backward.

Reaction Score
It is a shame that she will draw attention away from the team that has done so well without her this year.
I'm thinking she actually may be a little embarrassed that the team is actually doing better without her than they did with her. I think that suggests that she wasn't the superstar that she portrayed herself to be. I'm inclined to think that her biggest influence might have been in giving the team an attitude and a strut and a confidence that the program didn't have prior to her coming in. That attitude was seemingly passed on to McBride and the rest of the upperclassmen and is display with this years team. Confidence is a pretty essential ingredient in the success of a team. On the other hand I think that there were times in her career where she played a bit selfishly to the detriment of the teams success. Trying to make plays when she wasn't nearly the best option and coming up short.

Reaction Score
Well I aint about to hate. If I was at the Final Four and I saw Skylar signing autographs.....I bleed Blue and White but I would be right up in that line getting an autograph-- and maybe even a little picture with the young lady ;)

Reaction Score
Well I aint about to hate. If I was at the Final Four and I saw Skylar signing autographs.....I bleed Blue and White but I would be right up in that line getting an autograph-- and maybe even a little picture with the young lady ;)

I'd get her autograph too, then sell it on ebay. She is, after all, one of the 3 to see. I probably could get a few dollars for it.

Reaction Score
Seems to me that SD is all about selling HER brand. Even when she was playing at ND I felt like it was more about her than the team. Just my opinion...

Reaction Score
Reading all this makes me wish I had paid attention to everything surrounding the UCONN-ND games when she played.

I'm going to have a courtside seat when she plays at Washington this year!

Reaction Score
Last time I checked, Diggins does not work at ESPN and I seriously doubt she is demanding camera shots. I find them annoying just as I find celebrity shots during the World Series or any other major sporting event irksome. You want a quick interview with a Diggins or a Taurasi or whoever at halftime or pregame, fine. During the game, the focus should be on the game, not on who's in the stands. Ditto for those in-game sideline interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom