BE hoops schools meeting tonite in NYC | The Boneyard

BE hoops schools meeting tonite in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
According to Mike Francesa the hoop schools are meeting with ND to explore possibilities of ND staying in hoops and naturally if ND can they wish to remain independant in FB.
No mention if any FB schools will be at this meeting, or even if the hoops only schools wish to be in a conference with other FB schools.
With WV being rejected by the ACC & SEC, I'm sure they will form an alliance with remaining BE football schools along with the TCU'S Baylor's, Kansas' etc to form any kind of league.
Boeheim was on earlier with Francesa and pretty much blamed ND with all this. He said if ND joined in FB, Miami, VT & bcu would never have left. Boeheim also said ND played a major role in rejecting the latest BE TV contract even though they have their own TV deal.

Reaction Score
What a freaking clusterf#$% this whole thing is. Already you have a fractured conference.

Reaction Score
According to Mike Francesa the hoop schools are meeting with ND to explore possibilities of ND staying in hoops and naturally if ND can they wish to remain independant in FB.
No mention if any FB schools will be at this meeting, or even if the hoops only schools wish to be in a conference with other FB schools.
With WV being rejected by the ACC & SEC, I'm sure they will form an alliance with remaining BE football schools along with the TCU'S Baylor's, Kansas' etc to form any kind of league.
Boeheim was on earlier with Francesa and pretty much blamed ND with all this. He said if ND joined in FB, Miami, VT & bcu would never have left. Boeheim also said ND played a major role in rejecting the latest BE TV contract even though they have their own TV deal.
Boeheim is really taking his shots. You get the feeling that he doesn't like Cuse to the ACC at this point in his career.
ND is going to do what is best for them and that is understandable. ND shouildn't have been allowed to vote on the TV deal.Boeheim is letting a few family secrets out of the bag.

Reaction Score
Big east football schools will be there tonight. Interestingly, uconn is sending a "representative" that is not the president and not the AD.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Big east football schools will be there tonight. Interestingly, uconn is sending a "representative" that is not the president and not the AD.

Technically, we don't have an AD right now. I don't think PP is on the job yet.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This meeting is only the remaining BE football schools. And as you indicated no Herbst or AD but a representative.

So Francesa, if accurate, is talking about a separate meeting.

A meeting of the two sides will take place Oct. 3

Reaction Score
Ok. Andy katz said on OTL that uconn was not sending herbst or AD. But i'd take the courant's word over katz . This story is moving fast.

Reaction Score
.So......do the football schools come out of this with the plan to finally split from the hoops schools and the Providence mafia and move on with the B12 leftovers plus a few other football schools if it comes to that???? After what's happened to us the last decade, does anybody really think KU, ISU, KSU want to join in on a hoops/football hybrid??? Many of the hoops schools fans think they can put together a nice hoops conference & get themselves a solid TV contract. Let them give it a shot on their own.

Reaction Score
.So......do the football schools come out of this with the plan to finally split from the hoops schools and the Providence mafia and move on with the B12 leftovers plus a few other football schools if it comes to that???? After what's happened to us the last decade, does anybody really think KU, ISU, KSU want to join in on a hoops/football hybrid??? Many of the hoops schools fans think they can put together a nice hoops conference & get themselves a solid TV contract. Let them give it a shot on their own.

The answer is yes. Assuming at least that Ok and OSU go west (if not Texas and Tech as well), you are looking at the Big East football schools joining the Big XII. If OU and OSU stay in the Big XII, all bets are off.

Ironically, while I understand the criticism he's taking, Marinatto did meet with Beebe and try to make sure that is something like this happened each conference's leftover would be given a place to land. So at least that was accomplshed.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Courant article confirms Herbst unable to attend. Rachel Rubin will be attending in her place.

Herbst is unable to attend the New York meeting but her chief of staff, Rachel Rubin, will be there. Incoming UConn athletic director Paul Pendergast also will not be there.

Reaction Score
Rachel Rubin is pretty well connected and powerful in her own right. this i think means UCONN wants to stay in the loop but wants to avoid any committment. Rubin is close to Herbst but doesn't have a position from which any thing even resembling a commitment would come. Smart move.

Reaction Score
tranghese commented in th eProjo that they could be successful, though not as successful as the current Big East. to me that confirms what I've been thinking.

Reaction Score
I hope it'll be similar to the scene in Goodfellas where SH, Prov, and DePaul walk into an empty room only realizing shortly after that there are silencers in the back of their heads.

Then we vote to welcome KU, KSU, and ISU.

Final tally...
KU >> SU
KU+KSU < SU+Pitt
KU+KSU+ISU >>>>>> SU+Pitt - SH - Prov - Depaul

Reaction Score
This puts UConn in a tough position. They need to do what is right by the rest of the conference members while simultaneously trying to get the hell out. At least everything is in the press so all of the other presidents/staff already know what UConn's position is.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Rachel Rubin is pretty well connected and powerful in her own right. this i think means UCONN wants to stay in the loop but wants to avoid any committment. Rubin is close to Herbst but doesn't have a position from which any thing even resembling a commitment would come. Smart move.

My take as well, although had no knowledge of Rubin. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom