BE break up to happen this year??? | The Boneyard

BE break up to happen this year???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
This makes UCONN not playing in this years BET all the more painful. Its absolutely mystifying to me that we weren't able to make a strong enough argument to get the conference/members to change their minds. Who the duck cares since everyone is leaving next year anyway. Aresco should tell them tough sh it were letting them in, now get on your way to your new conference.

Reaction Score
This makes UCONN not playing in this years BET all the more painful. Its absolutely mystifying to me that we weren't able to make a strong enough argument to get the conference/members to change their minds. Who the duck cares since everyone is leaving next year anyway. Aresco should tell them tough sh it were letting them in, now get on your way to your new conference.
Aresco is not doing Uconn any favors that is for sure. He clearly thinks we are on our way out asap, or he just doesn't give a hoot about his only crown jewel program in the NBE.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The 10 schools–the Catholic 7, plus South Florida, Central Florida and Connecticut–would receive a substantial amount of that money.

Did he forget Cincy? The only issue here is that ND and Louisville may want to leave early, along with Rutgers, but they need the ACC and B1G to be able to take them sooner. The ACC might be able to swing it but probably not since MD will need to wait until 2014, along with Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Pretty sloppily written article....
Marquette a candidate to join Catholic 7? , Central Fla will not get exit fee money....Cincy will, Grammar awful as well.
Otherwise.....get me out of this NBE!!!!!

Reaction Score
The Chicago tribune has an article on this as well. This is not BS. No idea who would even be in the conference next year.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
The Chicago tribune has an article on this as well. This is not BS. No idea who would even be in the conference next year.
UConn......joy!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Well, I'm sure that I can live with them hitting the road if it meant a few more million for UConn. Hasta la bye-bye....

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Part of the negotiatinos should include letting UConn play in the BET this year. The league is pretty much dead to me after this year anyways.

Reaction Score
Aresco is not doing Uconn any favors that is for sure. He clearly thinks we are on our way out asap, or he just doesn't give a hoot about his only crown jewel program in the NBE.
Maybe he can just go and be the commish for the Catholic 7. He's done enough harm to us already...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
ESPN has issued a death sentence for UConn. We seem to be the only ones who don't know it yet.

Reaction Score
nelson, please. What logical reason would ESPN, with its major facilities in Connecticut, getting a gazillion bucks from Connecticut, have for wanting to issue a death sentence for the University of Connecticut? Why UConn and not some other school? Why would it even care? Becaus eits play by play guys would rather travel to Nutley NJ rather than Hartford? Better restaurants in Syracuse NY than Hartford? did they just pick our name out of a hat? Sometimes you make sense. Sometimes not so much.

Reaction Score
If the break up is this year, there are lots less pieces of pie to split, so the offer for the name and the splits are bigger for all the folks who still remain.

Reaction Score
Probably just as well to just get on with it. We've been coming apart piece by piece for the past few years. Sort of like taking off a band aid. sometimes it is better in the end to just rip it off than to try to do it slowly.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Blauds says the name will be sold C7 leaving early.
mark blaudschun@blauds
Big East FB Prez will meet in Atlanta Fri, expected to sell name, approve Cath 7 departure by July for lots of $$ http://ajerseyguy.com

Reaction Score
The Big East name should be retired. Whatever went in on in the last 25 years will be part of legends.

Reaction Score
I think it is possible the C7 leave this year, but 2014 is more likely. Louisville and Rutgers have to stay next year for football, so they are probably here in basketball next year. If Louisville doesn't leave early for basketball, I doubt ND can go to the ACC for next season. Also, what do you do with the BE tourney next year?

As for the BE name, let it go!!

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Just get it over with already. They wanna leave and pay a lot for the stupid conference name, be our guest. Let's just move forward and hope we find a way out of whatever the new conference will be called soon. UConn will survive and move on and I can't wait for this part to be over with already because it's just a big headache and inevitable anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Just get it over with already. They wanna leave and pay a lot for the stupid conference name, be our guest. Let's just move forward and hope we find a way out of whatever the new conference will be called soon. UConn will survive and move on and I can't wait for this part to be over with already because it's just a big headache and inevitable anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Lets see how much we get for the name before we all go nuts over this. I have a feeling the C7 is going to overpay for this.

Reaction Score
Also, McMurphy reporting ND will try and leave after this year as well, possibly joining the C7 for a year if it needs to. Louisville and Rutgers can't leave until 2014 because of football scheduling in the ACC and Big 10.

Reaction Score
Also, McMurphy reporting ND will try and leave after this year as well, possibly joining the C7 for a year if it needs to. Louisville and Rutgers can't leave until 2014 because of football scheduling in the ACC and Big 10.
Ofcourse, lets all bow to the mighty ND....may UConn should align with Scientology to gain a national following.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom