BCU fails to guard its turf vrs UMass | The Boneyard

BCU fails to guard its turf vrs UMass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Run out of the gym by the Minutepeople. Flipper has really put his stamp on New England sports. What a dope!

Reaction Score
BC hoops is an absolute disaster.

If GDF spent as much time focusing on his athletic programs as he does about worrying about UCONN, maybe BC would have an athletic program that won games.

Blown out at home by UMASS and Holy Cross.......WOW!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
how much longer can the flipper keep his job?

BC athletics has fallen off the cliff

or maybe being good in hockey is all they need

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
it was @ holy cross lol. yea thats right, how many acc teams play @ a school of that level for bball. unreal. just imagine when bc plays unc/duke/fsu this year. shitshow

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
FWIW, BC women's basketball, which was a Top 25 team under Coach Cathy Inglese (who was canned by Flipper), is now 1-2 and sliding downhill fast.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I saw in my twitter feed last night that there was big syndicate money on UMass in that game and just chuckled, I didn't think they could possibly lose by as much as they did, but seriously.... it was pretty obvious they were going to get blasted.

Reaction Score
how much longer can the flipper keep his job?

BC athletics has fallen off the cliff

or maybe being good in hockey is all they need
Yet they are in a conference which, compared to the BE is the rock of Gibralter, while we live and die on the decisions of BYU & BS. And the ACC doesn't even play hockey!

Reaction Score
BC hoops is an absolute disaster.

If GDF spent as much time focusing on his athletic programs as he does about worrying about UCONN, maybe BC would have an athletic program that won games.

Blown out at home by UMASS and Holy Cross.......WOW!
Agreed-by going out of his way to lobby against UCONN, he is effecively demonstrating his lack of confidence and competitiveness in his "product." That type of weakness comes back to haunt you. Same dumb mistake as Tennessee womens' basketball made, putting a hole in their own ship when they dropped playing UCONN every year.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Yet they are in a conference which, compared to the BE is the rock of Gibralter, while we live and die on the decisions of BYU & BS. And the ACC doesn't even play hockey!

so you don't think he needs to win at anything, and being rapidly declining complete failures in athletic competition is acceptable by them

OK, whatever. I tend to think he needs some success from his programs. The donations can dry up fast

Reaction Score

Would you trade places with them? As in be a member of the ACC, but have a declining BB and Football program, but maintain our dominance in Women's Basketball (like their Ice Hockey).

Reaction Score
Would you trade places with them? As in be a member of the ACC, but have a declining BB and Football program, but maintain our dominance in Women's Basketball (like their Ice Hockey).
no.

Reaction Score
it was @ holy cross lol. yea thats right, how many acc teams play @ a school of that level for bball. unreal. just imagine when bc plays unc/duke/fsu this year. shitshow

Actually the game was played at the DCU center and not at Holy Cross's on campus Hart Center. Also this is a long time rivalry with well over 100 games played between the two teams. The UConn Woman's teams played Holy Cross at the DCU Center a few years back.

When BC plays the big boys of the ACC I suggest that the SID cut the cable to the TV truck to ensure it is not seen far and wide. It will be ugly, very ugly.

11 Newcomers on the team this year, 9 of them freshman.

Reaction Score
I saw in my twitter feed last night that there was big syndicate money on UMass in that game and just chuckled, I didn't think they could possibly lose by as much as they did, but seriously.... it was pretty obvious they were going to get blasted.

BC was a 2.5 point favorite when the game opened. If I had access to a bookie and cash I would have bet as much as I could on UMass. I think I might have bet on UMass if they were giving 2.5. I wasn't expecting to lose by 36 points but definitely was expecting to lose. Especially after seeing the loss to Holy Cross.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'm aware of the history of the BC-Holy Cross rivalry.

It's still patently absurd that they go to the DCU Center. BC should have all the leverage. They're afraid to let UConn challenge them for FB attention and freeze them out, but openly play a road BB game at Holy Cross? Hello? Inconsistent much?

Unless, you know, they're so desperate for fans/attention, they think playing a game outside The Loop can somehow help them.

Reaction Score
Attendance for BCU's three games thus far......

vs. New Hampshire - 3500
@ Holy Cross - DCU Center - 3000 (can you imagine what that place looked like?)
vs. UMass - 4100

Keep your chin up. When the big boys come to Conte you might see over 5k in the house.

Reaction Score
I'm aware of the history of the BC-Holy Cross rivalry.

It's still patently absurd that they go to the DCU Center. BC should have all the leverage. They're afraid to let UConn challenge them for FB attention and freeze them out, but openly play a road BB game at Holy Cross? Hello? Inconsistent much?

Unless, you know, they're so desperate for fans/attention, they think playing a game outside The Loop can somehow help them.

I believe the contract with Holy Cross is 3 to 5 games at BC and one at the DCU center. They had stopped playing altogether when AL Skinner was the coach. You are also dealing with two Jesuit institutions with a very long history.

If it is patently absurd for BC to go to the DCU Center was it also patently absurd for the UConn's Woman's hoop team to play Holy Cross at the DCU Center? Why would UConn do something patently absurd? UConn should have had all the leverage.

Reaction Score
They could've played the game in any HS gym in Worcester and they still would not have filled the place.

Reaction Score
I believe the contract with Holy Cross is 3 to 5 games at BC and one at the DCU center. They had stopped playing altogether when AL Skinner was the coach. You are also dealing with two Jesuit institutions with a very long history.

If it is patently absurd for BC to go to the DCU Center was it also patently absurd for the UConn's Woman's hoop team to play Holy Cross at the DCU Center? Why would UConn do something patently absurd? UConn should have had all the leverage.

You're comparing the popularity of men's & women's basketball?

Funny stuff. Even funnier is that the UConn Women only drew about 600 less than the BCU Men.

Reaction Score

vs. New Hampshire - 3500
vs. UMass - 4100

Keep your chin up. When the big boys come to Conte you might see over 5k in the house.

It will be ugly. I am wondering if BC will require fans to sign a legal waiver before they let fans watch the games.

Actually the DCU center was not horrible. The Holy Cross students made a great showing, well over a 1,000 students. The AHL Hockey team had added curtains to the top level to block it off. makes their crowds of 5-6000 look much better.

Reaction Score

vs. New Hampshire - 3500
vs. UMass - 4100

half of which will be fans of the opponent.

Reaction Score
You're comparing the popularity of men's & women's basketball?

Funny stuff. Even funnier is that the UConn Women only drew about 600 less than the BCU Men.

I am comparing teams from a major conference playing a game at a smaller conference's local arena. More of a business discussion than the popularity of men's and woman's basketball. Why would UConn Woman's Basketball pass up on a home payday which would draw 6-7000 fans to Gampel vs. a road game in Worcester. When BC goes to play a longtime Jesuit rival it is patently absurd. However when the most recognizable team in Woman's basketball does it we are comparing Men's and Woman's basketball. I guess when you have no reasonable rebuttal you change the subject.

Reaction Score
They could've played the game in any HS gym in Worcester and they still would not have filled the place.

Would have been close to a sellout at Holy Cross. No HS gym in Worcester that could have held the game! None of the other college gyms for that matter.

Reaction Score
I am comparing teams from a major conference playing a game at a smaller conference's local arena. More of a business discussion than the popularity of men's and woman's basketball. Why would UConn Woman's Basketball pass up on a home payday which would draw 6-7000 fans to Gampel vs. a road game in Worcester. When BC goes to play a longtime Jesuit rival it is patently absurd. However when the most recognizable team in Woman's basketball does it we are comparing Men's and Woman's basketball. I guess when you have no reasonable rebuttal you change the subject.

How can you have a business discussion without accounting for the profitability of 2 distinct entities? That's not relevant here?

Blowhard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul