BCS Era LB Rankings *Congrats to Yawin* | The Boneyard

BCS Era LB Rankings *Congrats to Yawin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. Sio - Dynamic, versatily, playmaker. Could cover WR in the slot and stuff the run in the middle. On 3rd down he would put his hand on the ground at OLB/DE and had a slew of sacks. Will always be my favorite Defensive player due to his passion.

2. Yawin - Stout, Athletic MLB. I think Yawin really benefitted from Sio's leadership and example. The ultimate run-stuffing player, also very athletic to cover ground in the passing game

3. Fincher - Our first real big-time defensive talent. Fincher hit like a truck and was a passion and power player. Always seemed to stone RB at big moments.

Lutrus - Despite being very injury prone late in his career, Lutrus was a brillliant LB especially in coverage and space.

Reaction Score
1. Yawin Smallwood
2. Alfred Fincher
3. Lawrence Wilson
4. Danny Lansannah
5. Sio Moore
6. Scott Lutrus - Could have been # 1 if not for chronic shoulder injury.

That is a pretty darn good group of linebackers.

Reaction Score
Love all the above and in addition, Greg Lloyd will always be on my list. For a lot of reasons but especially for the hit against the Notre Dame ball carrier that knocked the kid's helmut off and made a statement that UCONN was going to kick the snot out of ND. Someone on here had a video of that hit. I must have watched that video 25 times.

Reaction Score
1. Sio
2. Smallwood
3. Lutrus
4. Fincher
5. Wilson
6. Lansanah
7. Lloyd

others: Wilson, Hargrave, Lundy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics