BCS BID | The Boneyard

BCS BID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
According to what I read the BCS bid remains with the Big East football schools for 2013. That does not change.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
its ours still. and this has been my #1 thing the past 6 months. we have 1 year, this fall to make the life of the bcs hell with out uconn. we have a clear path with lville/cincy/ruty/md/mich standing in our way. that schedule is good enough if we run table we get in a good bcs game and not vs northern ill. this has been my whole base for everything. if we ever had the balls and understood whats in front of us then we would literally be life or death this fall. thats why i have been on everything from coaching to blue ties. we have 1 season to make noise. its completely possible with the bcs bid lasting this final year. it just gets me so mad were half assing this....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If a 5-7 team losing a ton of talent runs the table.... Dan what exactly can they do differently - the roster is the roster. How are they half-assing it? Do blue ties beat Rutgers and Louisville or do football players?

Reaction Score
If a 5-7 team losing a ton of talent runs the table.... Dan what exactly can they do differently - the roster is the roster. How are they half-assing it? Do blue ties beat Rutgers and Louisville or do football players?

You had to go there?? Where's Fishy?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

we have 1 year to act the part of big time. if that means wearing blue socks and our HC has to fruck a coed then so be it. or would u rather p continue to not blow his nose and have no clue why his watch doesn't work instead? wake up jerk off. we have 1 fall season to make something out of nothing. think about it. bcs schools split and every school thats tasted the bcs is in pretty much. we would be the one exception is we could win. its all a dream. but one we should be running ppl over to try and achieve.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
we have 1 year to act the part of big time. if that means wearing blue socks and our HC has to fruck a coed then so be it. or would u rather p continue to not blow his nose and have no clue why his watch doesn't work instead? wake up jerk off. we have 1 fall season to make something out of nothing. think about it. bcs schools split and every school thats tasted the bcs is in pretty much. we would be the one exception is we could win. its all a dream. but one we should be running ppl over to try and achieve.

I'm just missing the connection between those things and how many football games they win in 2013 I guess.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I'm just missing the connection between those things and how many football games they win in 2013 I guess.

becuase CF is not all about winning. if it was than bsu would be in the nfl and rutgers would have a auto bid to the bcs off recruiting wins. there is a perception, media and for lack of a better term a flashy part to CF. you need to have the total package. you need new unis, fans doing questionable things and a ton of other random topics to stay relevent 247.

in 2nd grade me and whaler sat next to each other. i always had a messy deska nd whalers was always very clean. during math the teach gave us a real tuff homework problem 1 day. it was this. for your birthday party you are having 25 kids over for the party. you make 30 sandwiches for the party. how many sandwiches do you have left if everyone has 1. everyone goes home and answers 5 to turn in the next day. most figure it out but funny guy billy in the back really struggled with it and his dog ate his homework. the next day we all turn in our homework and during lunch our teacher grades them. she hands them back in the afternoon. wahler gets it right, i however get it wrong. i answered 4. everyone else who sits close to us got it right and it was 5. i go home and i complain to my dad that i got it wrong. i tell him 25 people came to the party plus me is 26 so thats 4 sandwiches. dad tells me 2moro go see the teacher and figure it out. i go to her and she says wow your right. but this is 2nd grade math so i will change your score but for the purpose of the exercise 5 was also correct. whaler ever since thought he was smarter than me. he got better grades in hs so he prob is. but my mind thinks different. i analyze things on a different level and have a different method to madness. so i ask, what was susan, warde and your(you reading this) answers to that problem?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
becuase CF is not all about winning. if it was than bsu would be in the nfl and rutgers would have a auto bid to the bcs off recruiting wins. there is a perception, media and for lack of a better term a flashy part to CF. you need to have the total package. you need new unis, fans doing questionable things and a ton of other random topics to stay relevent 247.

in 2nd grade me and whaler sat next to each other. i always had a messy deska nd whalers was always very clean. during math the teach gave us a real tuff homework problem 1 day. it was this. for your birthday party you are having 25 kids over for the party. you make 30 sandwiches for the party. how many sandwiches do you have left if everyone has 1. everyone goes home and answers 5 to turn in the next day. most figure it out but funny guy billy in the back really struggled with it and his dog ate his homework. the next day we all turn in our homework and during lunch our teacher grades them. she hands them back in the afternoon. wahler gets it right, i however get it wrong. i answered 4. everyone else who sits close to us got it right and it was 5. i go home and i complain to my dad that i got it wrong. i tell him 25 people came to the party plus me is 26 so thats 4 sandwiches. dad tells me 2moro go see the teacher and figure it out. i go to her and she says wow your right. but this is 2nd grade math so i will change your score but for the purpose of the exercise 5 was also correct. whaler ever since thought he was smarter than me. he got better grades in hs so he prob is. but my mind thinks different. i analyze things on a different level and have a different method to madness. so i ask, what was susan, warde and your(you reading this) answers to that problem?

Read your original post. It's about running the table and winning the BCS bid.

I don't disagree that CR is about more than winning.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Read your original post. It's about running the table and winning the BCS bid.

I don't disagree that CR is about more than winning.

from coaching to blue ties, make noise? that didn't do it for u? i want to run table but i also want anything and everything else...

bama and tosu are heavy favorites to runt able this fall. texas and ok among others are getting pumped also. lets say that come dec were looking at
13-0 fsu-beat fl, miami, clem, md and vt in the acc ship game.
12-0 uconn-beat usf, cincy, lville, ruty, md and mich
12-1 bama-lost to florida but won the sec ship game
12-1 lsu-lost the sec ship game to bama
12-1 tosu-1 loss is to mich
12-1 mich-1 loss is to uconn

something crazy, which until the games ar epalyed is possible...

is uconn going to play fsu for the national ship? no, they will slide bama or tosu or some 1 in whose been hot of late and has a better conf logo on its chest right? those schools make noise every day with news and stuff. uconn is the cinderella with not enough buzz. now how about warde plans out a attach each week. week 1 we pump new unis, mich week we pump biggest crowd ever. week 8 we pump stadium expansion plans going forward. week 5 we pump nameing right in 2018 are already being thought about and so on. every week create buzz to the point where the media gets such a wiff of uconn that its clear something is up. now look at the list again. if you pump yourself enough and then still dont get that bcs ship game, you can now moan and groan for weeks and the media will eat it up becuase u were a story every week this fall. news follows news and media on top of media gets more eye balls. either u did enough to ge tthat spot or u create the biggest goodbye to the bcs system that anyone has ever seen. and thats great pr for uconn.

see the win win there? either u get into the game and the bcs system is exposed and uconn has its 1999 statement opportunity. or we become the poster child for the bcs issues and thats a good/great position to be in vs where we are today.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You are making plans on how to spend your lottery money. This teams needs to worry about beating Towson before you worry about getting left out of the BCS title.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You are making plans on how to spend your lottery money. This teams needs to worry about beating Towson before you worry about getting left out of the BCS title.

all in or go home. so far were packing bags. worry about beating townson? sound sliek u actually want to win football games whaler? well if thats the case then u would not have sat on your ass the past 6 months and been ok with the coaching changes we didn't make. nice try. certain pp, hammered warde about the ko contract. eventually change happened. that didnt happen in fball becuase not enough ppl stood up.

the answer was gearing everything up for 1 final run at a bcs win. if u think my ideas are crazy and dumb, then u are for lack of a better term a tard. just look at cincy. they smell the exact same thing. they brought in quite possibly the biggest jackasz in all of college sports to caoch. cincy has always brought in mac staff developed and replaced with a nother. they are going for it. they see the 1 year opportunity of a life time this fall. they get it. funny, they just announced stadium expansion plans or atleast drawings didint they? hmm, i bet sometime this fall we hear more about those. just a hunch. some 1 at cincy just flat out gets it. christmas cards and flowers to acc presidents? sounds pretty stupid to me. but it made the frucking news didn't it? so that was a win. when cincy runs the table and has media every week for things that lead to a overall media storm come december, hope u enjoy the coaching staff your supporting by sitting on your butt.

we have 1 shot at it just like cincy. yet you ar ebring up clown asz arguments and as usual will never get it besides rah rah lets just win games.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
all in or go home. so far were packing bags. worry about beating townson? sound sliek u actually want to win football games whaler? well if thats the case then u would not have sat on your ass the past 6 months and been ok with the coaching changes we didn't make. nice try. certain pp, hammered warde about the ko contract. eventually change happened. that didnt happen in fball becuase not enough ppl stood up.

the answer was gearing everything up for 1 final run at a bcs win. if u think my ideas are crazy and dumb, then u are for lack of a better term a tard. just look at cincy. they smell the exact same thing. they brought in quite possibly the biggest jackasz in all of college sports to caoch. cincy has always brought in mac staff developed and replaced with a nother. they are going for it. they see the 1 year opportunity of a life time this fall. they get it. funny, they just announced stadium expansion plans or atleast drawings didint they? hmm, i bet sometime this fall we hear more about those. just a hunch. some 1 at cincy just flat out gets it. christmas cards and flowers to acc presidents? sounds pretty stupid to me. but it made the frucking news didn't it? so that was a win. when cincy runs the table and has media every week for things that lead to a overall media storm come december, hope u enjoy the coaching staff your supporting by sitting on your butt.

we have 1 shot at it just like cincy. yet you ar ebring up clown asz arguments and as usual will never get it besides rah rah lets just win games.

LOL yeah I haven't hammered the hire and retention of PP.

I'm not making any argument. I'm merely pointing out to you that you need to beat Towson before you can beat Michigan before you can beat Maryland and so forth.

They have the roster they have. Talking about 12-0 and the schools you mentioned is quite honestly idiotic. This team will be lucky to win 6 games. If you think the attitude of message board posters changes that well then I feel a little bit sorry for you that you are so far disconnected from reality.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
LOL yeah I haven't hammered the hire and retention of PP.

I'm not making any argument. I'm merely pointing out to you that you need to beat Towson before you can beat Michigan before you can beat Maryland and so forth.

They have the roster they have. Talking about 12-0 and the schools you mentioned is quite honestly idiotic. This team will be lucky to win 6 games. If you think the attitude of message board posters changes that well then I feel a little bit sorry for you that you are so far disconnected from reality.

when cincy and tubs has a great year and wins a bcs game and then breaks ground on a new press box that only upgrades them 5 more seats but looks great on the news, i'll be looking for u to be arguing with nelson in threads about knocking the rent down.

Reaction Score

You are taking credit for KO being hired? When the AD did what he said he would do? You are seriously delusional. Did you also cause that walking on water trick 2000 years ago?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
when cincy and tubs has a great year and wins a bcs game and then breaks ground on a new press box that only upgrades them 5 more seats but looks great on the news, i'll be looking for u to be arguing with nelson in threads about knocking the rent down.

Dan what exact actions can they take today to win more football games in 2013.

Reaction Score
All Dan is saying is next year is probably the last year UConn has to show they belong.
We don't have to win the NC.
We do have to probably win our conference.
One or maybe even two losses with a little help.
If we have a good showing in a bowl that will also help.
(Thats in attendence as well as on the field.)
Connecticut has to show it wants to be a player in football.
Its a daunting task but nothing is impossible.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You are taking credit for KO being hired? When the AD did what he said he would do? You are seriously delusional. Did you also cause that walking on water trick 2000 years ago?

that was my insert bad word jesus. ccom on now. wern't u paying attention at bible school bl? or were u to busy building RE a trailer?

im not taking credit for ko contract. i was simply saying that there was a group of ppl that hammered warde about it until it got done. if there was not, warde had plans to give him a extension after the season. that would have hurt recruiting and stuff even more....warde is so far over his head that ppl here can't see it becuase they also would be over there heads in wardes job so things look ok. its how jhath lasted as long as he did. if someone here or even at uconn understood the job, then we would have a new employee doing it. we have never been big time in college sports. so we have no clue until we go big time by hiring some 1 that has the expierence. no matter how many times ppl point to his role at michigan, the bottom line is he helped biffalo go from the only thing they ever had for 2 fball seaosn back to a normal mac school, meanwhile he was on the womens right s ncaa after school club so hes a rock star. get a frucking clue. notre dame has swept a rape by a fball player under the rug, u let me know when wardes great ties to some womens rights after school clubn do us a favor. but but, he hung out with some high ups from wake forest at the bball tney. thats the best acc ocntact ever. wake may be the ultimate ultimate morther of god poster child for the bcs split. its actually better if we shot and killed that person then had a dinner with him/her. this board is so silly its amazing. here comes nan to tell me warde and susan earned us brownie points with the acc take wake forrest out to dinner.....

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dan what exact actions can they take today to win more football games in 2013.

-fire gdl 2moro
-foley to ol
-buy p and watch or hire a intern who does nothing but know all clock situations and handles them for p. this person must also carry a box of tissues

non on field things?

-announce expansion plans. doesn't have to be serious. just some drawings and some filler to chat about or announce a studdy of looking into a on campus stadium. just a study, just something i beg...
-new unis(check and thats becuase of a new crappy brand)
-admit the crappy brand and announce your redoing it. connecticut, block c, blue and white, not red. triagngle argessive dog paw.
-find all sponsors possible and do t-shirts one game, then long sleve shirts, then hats, then shorts or something.
-get a trailer. for ppl that have even been to a nascar race u know what im talking about. fill it up with uconn gear and park it at the rent. let ppl max there credit cards out. the book store on wheels. let ppl order on line and pick up at the game or hold at the trailer until post game any and everything possible. bring the books tore but useful stuff gear wise to the fans. u need to pump yourself. sell blank jerseys in it where u can custom order the # and name in it. allows fans and parents to get any name/# they want to. they cn pick up there order at the next home game at the trailer. something like that.
-more seats for mich and tenn and then make them availbale for other games that may sell out(partially check at this point). put enough in for michigan that we pass bc's attendance mark. thats not hard. it may seem silly but its something else to pump.
-new entrance. howling come sover the speaker and the whole fanbase starts howling. it gets rowdy. 3 huskies come bolting out of the tunnel to mid field where 3 young guys dressed in blue polos have leashes to hook them. follwoing those dogs are our first 3 players out of the tunnel. they hold a usa flag in the middle and state and uconn flags to each side. holding those flags is a privledge. the ct flag can only be held by ct kids, rotate that. the usa flag by all and the uconn flag by all. make it a goal thing for the players. this is a mix of a couple heres ideas.
-45 minutes before gametime i want speakers int he parking lots howling. some 1 here had that idea an i think its great.
-announce a brand new marketing cmapaign that doesn't scream d2 bull
-update us constantly on the bball pf
-i want dog bones stickers on our helmets like uga for good stuff. u brush your teeth this morning? here is a frucking bone.
-if were not 6-2 or better after 8 games then fire gdl and let p know he has 4 games left. let the CF world and this dying fan base know we mean business
-make sure our 2014 ooc series is announced by start of this season to give us some publicity and hopefully 1 last tix boost
-create new startegys for selling tix. especially focus on youth culture in new enfland and how they have ignored it so far(i can go on with this another place another time...)
-in august hold a town hall meeting at the rent or xl one night to talk uconn with warde, susan and others. lay it all out on the line and let the fans have there day. any season ticket holder of bball, puck or fball and show up by getting a ticket to this event for free from uconn ath dept.
-flip gampel. take off the buble, make it 5-6k seats with a rink. flat steel beam the top and u have a rink. play all bball games in xl. at this point the bball pf is already done.
-announce a study to put a 15k arena in downtown storrs and how the combo of this and fball study will change the roadways in ct for ever.

theres a start for warde. announcing these things and doing them isn't hard. i didn't break the bank at all. pump yourself, not fruck yourself.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I asked about how they win more games. You've got nada. Was just checking.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I asked about how they win more games. You've got nada. Was just checking.

i love how u dont quote me so that u hope i dont come back and check in a few to see if u have any last minute snarky comments. u are a real funny guy. once again

-fire gdl 2moro
-foley to ol
-buy p and watch or hire a intern who does nothing but know all clock situations and handles them for p. this person must also carry a box of tissues

whats your plan? leave everything as is and then read somber 241's on sunday watching eli throw pics and pal post about the offense?

u want more? i dont know, off the top of my head
-rb-lyle-jwill-clax. cut the rest
-start hanson
-burn gdls playbook and all ipads it was on
-let santos transfer to wrestling
-rs bradley and put gutz in the slot.
-find a spot for wilbert
-insert a brutal hazing rule for bennett. every time he is off sides he gets xyz in the lockeroom. time to put that bs from him to bed.
-send mccumings to umass or to a maine/unh. casey backs up whitmer and 1 of boyle or lagow rs's
-kivon gets made into a wr. noel into a db. both rs.

Reaction Score
All Dan is saying is next year is probably the last year UConn has to show they belong.
We don't have to win the NC.
We do have to probably win our conference.
One or maybe even two losses with a little help.
If we have a good showing in a bowl that will also help.
(Thats in attendence as well as on the field.)
Connecticut has to show it wants to be a player in football.
Its a daunting task but nothing is impossible.

Louisville is bringing a lot of talent back to a team that defeated Florida. UConn doesn't HAVE to top that. They have to contend.

Reaction Score
Louisville is bringing a lot of talent back to a team that defeated Florida. UConn doesn't HAVE to top that. They have to contend.

You mean the same Louisville team that UConn beat on the road this year? Once again this coming season, any game is winnable. The toughest games are all at home. Take care of business at The Rent and anything is possible.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
i love how u dont quote me so that u hope i dont come back and check in a few to see if u have any last minute snarky comments. u are a real funny guy. once again

-fire gdl 2moro
-foley to ol

whats your plan? leave everything as is and then read somber 241's on sunday watching eli throw pics and pal post about the offense?

u want more? i dont know, off the top of my head
-rb-lyle-jwill-clax. cut the rest
-start hanson
-burn gdls playbook and all ipads it was on
-let santos transfer to wrestling
-rs bradley and put gutz in the slot.
-find a spot for wilbert
-insert a brutal hazing rule for bennett. every time he is off sides he gets xyz in the lockeroom. time to put that bs from him to bed.
-send mccumings to umass or to a maine/unh. casey backs up whitmer and 1 of boyle or lagow rs's
-kivon gets made into a wr. noel into a db. both rs.

I didn't quote you because your posts already are unreadable pollution, its worse when they keep getting quoted.

They already took care of GDL. Foley to oline coach is great. EVERYTHING ELSE IS COACH BETTER AND PLAY BETTER. Which is exactly my point its not a bunch of dumb about ties, it's the people and players already here being better than last year.

Reaction Score
I didn't quote you because your posts already are unreadable pollution, its worse when they keep getting quoted.

They already took care of GDL. Foley to oline coach is great. EVERYTHING ELSE IS COACH BETTER AND PLAY BETTER. Which is exactly my point its not a bunch of dumb about ties, it's the people and players already here being better than last year.

It's the people and players BUYING IN to Pasqualoni. If you read all the UConn guys at the combine, they consistently talk about how they wouldn't be where they are without their experiences at UConn with the current coaching staff. Bhlidi also calling out a number of the other UConn players with his quote that said those that followed Coach P benefited and made themselves better. Maybe if the rest of the team didn't have big heads at the age of 18, there would have been a better result than last season. The Syracuse effort speaks for itself. You won't see this year's men's team throw in the towel like that. For those that did, this school is better off without them. Is it coaching that allows a team to go on the road and beat the Sugar Bowl champion and get absolutely embarassed at Syracuse, or is it effort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom