BCS & AQ | The Boneyard

BCS & AQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How much longer is the BE guaranteed AQ status?

When the current contract expires, is it a definite that the BCS will continue to exist?

I do know that the BCS is separate from the NCAA. So, who is voting to allow it continue, or voting to discontinue this system?

Reaction Score
If the academies are added, AQ will not be an issue.....

Does anyone know of a web site which identifies Senators and Congressman and their military affiliation? I wonder how many came from one of the academies? As a guess I would say over/under for senate is 10-15.

Reaction Score
If the academies are added, AQ will not be an issue.....
It's not that cut and dry unless you're basing this on politics rather than the actual BCS calculations

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

When the current contract expires, is it a definite that the BCS will continue to exist?

I do know that the BCS is separate from the NCAA. So, who is voting to allow it continue, or voting to discontinue this system?

Through the current contract period in 2014, assuming we can field a conference, which requires six teams.

Reaction Score

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bcs_explained.html

Standards For Future BCS Automatic Qualification
The champions of the Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-10 and Southeastern Conferences will have annual automatic qualification for a BCS game through the 2013 regular season, based on mathematical standards of performance during the 2004-2007 regular seasons.
The 2008-2011 regular seasons will be evaluated under the same standards to determine if other conferences will have annual automatic qualification for the games after the 2012 and 2013 regular seasons. The champions of no more than seven conferences will have annual automatic berths.

If the BCS continues under the same or similar format, conferences will be evaluated on their performances during the 2010-2013 regular seasons to determine which conferences will have automatic qualification for the bowls that will conclude the 2014-2017 regular seasons.

The evaluation data includes the following for each conference (1) the ranking of the highest-ranked team in the final BCS standings each year, (2) the final regular-season rankings of all conference teams in the computer rankings used by the BCS each year and (3) the number of teams in the top 25 of the final BCS standings each year.

The BCS is...
The BCS is managed by the commissioners of the 11 NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision ("FBS") (formerly Division I-A) conferences, the director of athletics at the University of Notre Dame, and representatives of the bowl organizations. The conferences are Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Conference USA, Mid-American, Mountain West, Sun Belt, Pacific-10, Southeastern and Western Athletic.
The conference commissioners and the Notre Dame athletics director make decisions regarding all BCS issues, in consultation with an athletics directors advisory group and subject to the approval of a 12-person presidential oversight committee whose members represent all 120 FBS programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom