BC vs UConn - Tues 11/24/15 - 7pm | The Boneyard

BC vs UConn - Tues 11/24/15 - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS:UCONN:HO15:H07:&linkID=uconn&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=HS&cgc=

Looks like less than 30 seats available in the lower bowl. Uppers corners are on sale. Last year they turned people away and capped it @ 8,089. Let's sell out quicker so they can increase the capacity… WE MUST SELL OUT THIS GAME
UCONN MUST win this game...I can care less about a sell out at this point. I was seriously disappointed at the attendance numbers for the Army game.

Reaction Score
I agree, they need a win. Let's win this Tuesday 1st. Sucks it on a night with a men's bball home game.

Army: 3,883.

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/statistics/1516/oaattend.php
4,755 avg. still #1 by 21
I think Hockey will have a stand alone fan base from basketball. It won't be crazy but it can be 4500+. Which makes it the right move to go with 4000 for an expanded Freitas (for the record I wanted to see 5000-5500..but as long as they do the upgrade project right..4000-4500 is fine with me).

Reaction Score
Decent crowd tonight think around 6k but a lot of QU fans. Hope we aren't overrun by BC.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I liked the fact that there were a few QU fans in the arena last night. It's a celebration of Connecticut hockey which is VERY good. I hope QU and UConn will eventually get to a point where they schedule home and homes every year. You can tell by the play on the ice that the teams have already developed a bit of an irk for each other and having a large crowd with both fanbases makes for a great atmosphere.

But yeah, I hope for more UConn fans at future games.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Looking for 2 tix lower bowl if anyone has them available... Thanks!

Reaction Score
A whole bunch available in lower bowl sec 111(UConn attacks 2x side)
If not, just singles spread throughout lower bowl.

Upper bowl corners still available.

Buy tickets thru link at OP.

Reaction Score
A whole bunch available in lower bowl sec 111(UConn attacks 2x side)
If not, just singles spread throughout lower bowl.

Upper bowl corners still available.

Buy tickets thru link at OP.
thanks!

Reaction Score
Quick count of green dots:

Only 14 tickets left in entire lower bowl.
40 or so tickets left in upper bowl corners on UConn attack end
Plenty of upper bowl corners on BC side.

Reaction Score
looking forward to this one! ended up getting tix in the 200's

Reaction Score
9 tickets left in entire lower bowl.
Only about 60 or so left of upper and lower on UConn attack 2x end

They just released the bottom 5 rows of sections 212-219 (center ice on penalty box side)

Reaction Score
9 tickets left in entire lower bowl.
Only about 60 or so left of upper and lower on UConn attack 2x end

They just released the bottom 5 rows of sections 212-219 (center ice on penalty box side)

if they sell that out, any chance they open one of the curtains for day-of-game ticket buyers? I don't understand turning people away..

Reaction Score
if they sell that out, any chance they open one of the curtains for day-of-game ticket buyers? I don't understand turning people away..

Probably not. I don't understand it either. $ is $. I remember hearing from multiple people and reading a letter in the courant someone complaining that they paid $10 to park and were turned away at the box office and was told it was "sold out" however, There were seats available that night.... Why they turned people away? Not 100% sure, but I think they didn't expect the demand and couldn't change the curtain set up in time.

they might have some requirement from hockey east to ONLY make 8,089 available and cap it at a little over 8k.

It that due to trying to balance all the HE arenas? They might think it's a unfair advantage to other HE schools if UConn got to play in front of 10-15k people. It also could have been the curtain set up the time. Cause, if I remember right, they didn't make the bottom 5 rows available in the 200s until they saw the demand from BC game and made them available for BU game.

Reaction Score
Probably not. I don't understand it either. $ is $. I remember hearing from multiple people and reading a letter in the courant someone complaining that they paid $10 to park and were turned away at the box office and was told it was "sold out" however, There were seats available that night.... Why they turned people away? Not 100% sure, but I think they didn't expect the demand and couldn't change the curtain set up in time.

they might have some requirement from hockey east to ONLY make 8,089 available and cap it at a little over 8k.

It that due to trying to balance all the HE arenas? They might think it's a unfair advantage to other HE schools if UConn got to play in front of 10-15k people. It also could have been the curtain set up the time. Cause, if I remember right, they didn't make the bottom 5 rows available in the 200s until they saw the demand from BC game and made them available for BU game.
There is no such requirement from Hockey East, that'd be ludicrous. It's likely a staffing thing. If they open up center seats they need to staff those areas with security, police, ushers, concessions, janitorial staff, etc. Not to mention that if they get say 500 walkups and open 6,000 more seats, that ends up looking a lot worse than 8,100 with no empty seats. But there is absolutely nothing coming from Hockey East. If anything, the only thing Hockey East is telling them is to stop cooking the numbers.

Reaction Score
There is no such requirement from Hockey East, that'd be ludicrous. It's likely a staffing thing. If they open up center seats they need to staff those areas with security, police, ushers, concessions, janitorial staff, etc. Not to mention that if they get say 500 walkups and open 6,000 more seats, that ends up looking a lot worse than 8,100 with no empty seats. But there is absolutely nothing coming from Hockey East. If anything, the only thing Hockey East is telling them is to stop cooking the numbers.

Cooking the numbers? Can't tell if serious?

Reaction Score
Tickets SOLD vs actual attendance is not cooking the numbers. Every team in the 21st century does it. Nice try BU fan.

Reaction Score
3-0. Nichols is done. He hasn't been right since his surgery. Give someone else a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom