OT: BC versus Pitt | The Boneyard

OT: BC versus Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Really sad that I'm sitting at home watching this game tonight. After the first BC possession it's been all Pitt. It's like I'm watching the Big East without UCONN being included. Really sad.

Go Pitt?

Can tomorrow morning come fast enough to wash the bad taste of BYU out my mouth?
Go Huskies!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The producers are being awfully kind by not showing the empty upper levels. 30k there?

Reaction Score
I thought big time programs don't play on Friday nights. That's what BC fans were saying not to long ago, no?

Reaction Score
I think I can count the number of people in the upper endzone sections on one hand. Not that we have much to talk about, but hey, they're the P5 team now, we're not so we're small time. What's their excuse? The T will get you to BC by at least the second quarter, so that excuse is out the window.

Reaction Score
We had a darn good festive crowd versus BYU. Given our most recent history & the status of where we are, I think that Diaco has been given a good hand. Win a little this year ... in a fun hard played way ... and we are going to be fine attendance wise.

BC? For Pitt? I think that's a sellout at Rentschler for that opponent and UConn.

Reaction Score
I thought big time programs don't play on Friday nights. That's what BC fans were saying not to long ago, no?
Love this.

Those duck sticks used to talk all sorts of shiite about us playing on Thursday and Friday nights. good to see them being taken to the woodshed by a mediocre Pitt team

Reaction Score
Announced attendance 30,083. Home opener against conference opponent with history playing against them. Wow.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Big boy football, motherf---ers!

We got fireworks! We got flames! We got slogans!

And we got, well, like 14 fans.

10279471.jpeg

Reaction Score
There is no excuse for that. 30K fans when you play in a big boy conference against a longtime former BE rival, first conference game of the year, school is in.

It is stunning that BC is in a P5 conference.

Reaction Score
But.....there were a bunch of indie rock bands playing a festival in City Hall Plaza tonight!

Reaction Score
There are different kinds of expansion teams. Some schools have multiple traits.

On field performance. Attendance. Potential. Brand recognition.

It's safe to say that BC, Rutgers, and UMD fit squarely into the category of: geography. All about cable boxes. Boston, NY, & DC. Please don't try and tell me it had anything more to do with that. BC drew about 35k (that's generous) for FSU last year. I can't imagine us drawing that poorly if we were in the ACC.

It's really embarassing.

Reaction Score
Pitt looked very good. That said, BC has some issues. For one, they are starting 5 fifth year seniors across the entire OL and a transfer Sr. QB as is their best WR in Philips. They go to rebuild with the O next season and this group won't set the world on fire.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Lets not talk about being generous with attendance. That riveting battle today versus Stoney Brook reported attendance of 23.5k and anyone who watched that game knows it was at least half of that

Nonsense.

Boston College's conference opener drew flies - that is amazing. They were stuck trying to Groupon that sucker.

Field level seats are available for USC next weekend and you can pick up all the Maine tickets you want for $10 a pop....interest in Boston College football seems to have cratered.

Reaction Score
Lets not talk about being generous with attendance. That riveting battle today versus Stoney Brook reported attendance of 23.5k and anyone who watched that game knows it was at least half of that

If that's all you got, dancing with the stars is definitely your calling.

Reaction Score

Go yourself. Reverse the hands we were dealt and you wouldn't draw 5k.

Reaction Score

No we had that number in the gates. Many left early due to the heat and poor play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom