BC Smugness | The Boneyard

BC Smugness

Reaction Score
I think we all know what the scary part of this article is

Reaction Score
Ugh. Unfortunately, this is the situation we are in now. We are doing what we have to do. And a 30-0 thrashing last year gives them the opportunity to be smug. Hopefully, its only a short-term window of smugness.

Man, I hope we shove it down their throats.

Reaction Score
BC is in a more advantageous financial position thanUCONN due to conference affiliation. Brilliant observation.

.........and BC has accomplished what over the past 10 years other than being the only school in history to go winless in conference through an entire football and basketball season.

Reaction Score
Hate to say it but the comments of us selling games for money make us look small.

I'm sure the beat downs over the years is driving the attitude. Until we win or play competitive, there's nothing we can do.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Who cares. Start winning and it's a whole different story.
Says a lot about BC when they have to look elsewhere to take the attention of their own program.

Reaction Score
The author. This explains a lot. . .and he lives in East Hampton!

1410_10100619431411297_1384320035_n.jpg

Reaction Score
Rivalries...you have to love them.

Even when CR makes them no longer a rivalry.

Friends come and go, but enemies are forever.

And that wheel does turn....

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
1) Makes fun of us signing 0-for-1's as a sign we're small
2) Not in an 0-for-1 with us.

Eh?

Reaction Score
BC does have home and homes with UMass and UConn (although this year's "home" for UConn is being played at Fenway Park). The Huskies do receive a guaranteed $1.25 million.

I guess that is a promotion of the Red Sox and the Fenway Group.

On second thought, I don't think this game is part of the home and home...but an independent arrangement where UConn is just designated as the home team...there is a future UConn home game several years down the road.

Reaction Score
Ugh. Unfortunately, this is the situation we are in now. We are doing what we have to do. And a 30-0 thrashing last year gives them the opportunity to be smug. Hopefully, its only a short-term window of smugness.

Man, I hope we shove it down their throats.
Grant Salzano has been a BC hack and rabid BC booster for years. Ask yourself why an ardent BC fan would feel the need to bash UCONN at this point in time, instead of writing a more realistic article about why BC can't compete in the ACC in basketball or football, why they went 0-18 in the conference last year. He points to a late season 30-0 win over a UCONN team in complete disarray, it's head coach having lost control of his team and could not even remember what down it was. That being said, a 10-0 halftime score doesn't say too much for BC IMO. If Uconn had had an offense the 2nd half could have been different. Salzano also fails to mention how well Uconn had been recruiting in it's home state recently, now that HCRE is back in Storrs with a new staff. I say if Salzano's beloved BC or Clemson wants to pay UConn $1.2 million for a game, just keep the money coming. Good things might be coming to Uconn as this BC jerk probably heard.

Reaction Score
It seems the article did exactly what it was intended to do - get us all riled up and give their fans a laugh at our expense. I'm surprised that any of us would even waste time on a BC site.

Reaction Score
It seems the article did exactly what it was intended to do - get us all riled up and give their fans a laugh at our expense. I'm surprised that any of us would even waste time on a BC site.
Oh sure you're right on, we are just the butt boys of New England college sports. Spoken like a true fan of Uconn athletics. I totally agree.

Reaction Score
BC does have home and homes with UMass and UConn (although this year's "home" for UConn is being played at Fenway Park). The Huskies do receive a guaranteed $1.25 million.

I guess that is a promotion of the Red Sox and the Fenway Group.

On second thought, I don't think this game is part of the home and home...but an independent arrangement where UConn is just designated as the home team...there is a future UConn home game several years down the road.
How much does UMass get for their BC game? Any ideas there bb?

Reaction Score
Click bait. Hook, line and sinker.
I clicked it. No worries. He's probably just miserable because he's in the middle of UConn Country while supporting a punching bag program. I'll take the rings any day. For this guy, tears of unfathomable sadness is spot on.

Reaction Score

This is the second part of the initial home/home (2016 was @ BC - 2017 @ UConn but moved for HCBD Buy-Out Charity Event presented by the Fenway Group $1.2m).

Next BC home/home is 2022 @ BC - 2023@ UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom