BC losses more | The Boneyard

BC losses more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BC has now lost there defensive back coach to Hawaii. There very well maybe more departures soon. I am personal friends with the coach that is leaving so this is all good information. This will not help BC at all even with many returnees next year.

Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong, I like Don Brown. But when he left we graduated a ton of NFL talent on that defense.....a ton. BC brings most of their defense back. They will be very good on that side of the ball.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Expected that many defensive coaches will leave.

They're bringing in a new DC who will want his coaches on the staff.

Besides who wouldn't trade BC for Hawaii for a few years?

Reaction Score
BC has now lost their defensive backs coach to Hawaii. I am personal friends with the coach that is leaving so this is all good information

According to Spackler you are a worm, a rodent and a leaker. I think you're helpful and informed.

Reaction Score
This will not help BC at all even with many returnees next year.

Thats quite an active crystal ball you got there working overtime. Don Brown got a well deserved promotion from Uconn... then to BC.... and now to Michigan. His career ladder upward trajectory is well earned, imo. Once Brown left BC for Michigan, it was only natural that some of his assistants on that side of the ball would leave as well, as the new DC would be expected to choose his own assistants. Thats the norm. Thats how these things generally take place. Who knows if BC will get a good or a bad hire to replace Brown. Anyone that thinks they know one way or the other is simply engaging in crystal ball gazing.... no more, no less. BC has 19 of 22 of their defensive players returning next season. Unless the underclassmen defensive returning players at BC don't get physically bigger, stronger, smarter, then I suppose we could say they'll regress in their abilitiies. But again, thats just crystal ball gazing to see BC on defense regressing from this year to next year. But as far as crystal ball gazing, what you are seeing in that ball of yours is as good as any other too.... of course.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
BC will have a fine defense next season.

Probably. BC will need much better production on offense however. They were a complete and utter mess on offense with so many moving parts during the season. Who knows what next season will bring. Only time will tell.

Reaction Score
Thats quite an active crystal ball you got there working overtime. Don Brown got a well deserved promotion from Uconn... then to BC.... and now to Michigan. His career ladder upward trajectory is well earned, imo. Once Brown left, it was only natural that some of his assistants on that side of the ball would leave as well, as the new DC would be expected to choose his own assistants. Thats the norm. Thats how these things generally take place. Who knows if BC will get a good or a bad hire to replace Brown. Anyone that thinks they know one way or the other is simply engaging in crystal ball gazing.... no more, no less. BC has 19 of 22 of their defensive players returning next season. Unless the underclassmen defensive returning players at BC don't get physically bigger, stronger, smarter, then I suppose we could say they'll regress in their abilitiies. But again, thats just crystal ball gazing to see BC on defense regressing from this year to next year. But as far as crystal ball gazing, what you are seeing in that ball of yours is as good as any other too.... of course.

I have read this twice now and am still unsure of what you are trying to say.

Reaction Score
Thats quite an active crystal ball you got there working overtime. Don Brown got a well deserved promotion from Uconn... then to BC.... and now to Michigan. His career ladder upward trajectory is well earned, imo. Once Brown left BC for Michigan, it was only natural that some of his assistants on that side of the ball would leave as well, as the new DC would be expected to choose his own assistants. Thats the norm. Thats how these things generally take place. Who knows if BC will get a good or a bad hire to replace Brown. Anyone that thinks they know one way or the other is simply engaging in crystal ball gazing.... no more, no less. BC has 19 of 22 of their defensive players returning next season. Unless the underclassmen defensive returning players at BC don't get physically bigger, stronger, smarter, then I suppose we could say they'll regress in their abilitiies. But again, thats just crystal ball gazing to see BC on defense regressing from this year to next year. But as far as crystal ball gazing, what you are seeing in that ball of yours is as good as any other too.... of course.
Gawky you may see a dip in D performance if Addazio goes with someone who has a different scheme than Brown. It only makes sense...less pressure on the Qb allows more completions by the opposing QB.

Reaction Score
Gawky you may see a dip in D performance if Addazio goes with someone who has a different scheme than Brown. It only makes sense...less pressure on the Qb allows more completions by the opposing QB.

If you are right Chief,( and you just might be ) Uconn should then have no excuse for not beating a BC team as Sherriffs should have " more completions " vs BC as a result of this weakened defense that you are predicting. As I said, I'm not as confident as you are that BC will have a dip in performance next season on defense. That said, I am a lot more confident the BC offense will be much better. Heck, its hard to see it getting much worse than what they had this season on offense ( haha!)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you are right Chief,( and you just might be ) Uconn should then have no excuse for not beating a BC team as Sherriffs should have " more completions " vs BC as a result of this weakened defense that you are predicting. As I said, I'm not as confident as you are that BC will have a dip in performance next season on defense. That said, I am a lot more confident the BC offense will be much better. Heck, its hard to see it getting much worse than what they had this season on offense ( haha!)
Well that's what we saw here when he left for BC and that's what they saw at MD when he left to come here. Just be prepared....

Reaction Score
Well that's what we saw here when he left for BC and that's what they saw at MD when he left to come here. Just be prepared....
I've sat thru a season in the 70's where BC lost to Umass in a blow out and finished that season 0-11. I've also said thru other BC seasons that the season produced wins over Alabama, Texas, Florida State, Clemson, ND, USC, Auburn, Penn State, Tennessee, Georgia, Texas A& M, Arizona State, Miami, Virginia Tech, et al. So I think I'm hardened enough by now to" be prepared " for just about anything now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just noticed my spelling sucks, to much use of the s. I stand by the information I posted. There is no way to predict the BC defense for next year and it appears to be well stocked. Might not make much difference, but losing coaches is not going to help. Yes I am a leaker, my ex thinks I am all of the other things listed. Take it for what it's worth.

Reaction Score
With the Philly Eagles letting Chip Kelly go as Head Coach now, maybe BC hires back the 35 year old Ryan Day as their OC. Day ( a BC grad ) was BC's OC under Daz before Kelly hired Day to be his QB Coach for the Philly Eagles last season.

Reaction Score
With the Philly Eagles letting Chip Kelly go as Head Coach now, maybe BC hires back the 35 year old Ryan Day as their OC. Day ( a BC grad ) was BC's OC under Daz before Kelly hired Day to be his QB Coach for the Philly Eagles last season.
Maybe he can bring back Billy McGovern as DC too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek