BC Game - Can We Win? | The Boneyard

BC Game - Can We Win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Forget Houston and USF on the road, and probably Cincinnati at home also. At this point I will take a victory over BC and going 2-1 against the ACC as constituting a minimally successful season. But I dread the thought that we will show up in Chestnut Hill trying to execute the same old tired, boring offensive schemes that have been repeatedly stopped with relative ease by the bad defenses we have faced to date. I can't stand BC and hate the idea of losing to them yet again but unless the O improves dramatically I fear that is what will happen. For me, BC is only game left on the schedule that matters.

Reaction Score
BC is as incompetent as we are. The 3 and out bowl should be a battle of boredom to see which team manages to put the other to sleep first. Diaco will be playing for last possession (which is our strength... good clock management, precision passing and red zone dominance). This is a 50-50 at the current rate of play with the outcome being a face palm for one side or the other.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
take the under

Reaction Score
Yes. But you will want to gouge your eyes out as you watch the two most boring offenses on the planet. Uconn has a better kicker (by a wide margin), so that is what will key the win.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Here's why guys.... "We're built like a soccer or hockey team"- Diaco on the UConn Offense.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here's why guys.... "We're built like a soccer or hockey team"- Diaco on the UConn Offense.
76051-Conan-shakes-head-gif-c9ed.gif

Reaction Score
In one sense I think it is the most important game left in the season. If we lose it there is virtually no chance of being bowl eligible. Might be 3-0 with "all the scoring" coming in the last 10 seconds. Actually I'm predicting 3-2 us. They get a safety in the 1st quarter We kick a field goal on 3rd and inches inside the 1 with 20 seconds remaining then they complte a Hail Mary to the 1 as time runs out.

Reaction Score
BC is as incompetent as we are. The 3 and out bowl should be a battle of boredom to see which team manages to put the other to sleep first. Diaco will be playing for last possession (which is our strength... good clock management, precision passing and red zone dominance). This is a 50-50 at the current rate of play with the outcome being a face palm for one side or the other.

I hope you're right but I would put the odds more like 75-25 in favor of BC. They have at least handled lesser competition without going to the wire, played GT close and are still the 10th ranked defense statistically speaking despite a 49-0 blowout loss to VT. Plus they will be at home. I am having trouble imagining how our offense will get into FG range, never mind touchdowns. Our best bet (as is always the case) is getting turnovers deep in their territory. But we haven't been getting many TOs yet this year either. I'm already getting agitated and losing sleep over this one even though its almost 2 months away.

Reaction Score
In one sense I think it is the most important game left in the season. If we lose it there is virtually no chance of being bowl eligible. Might be 3-0 with "all the scoring" coming in the last 10 seconds. Actually I'm predicting 3-2 us. They get a safety in the 1st quarter We kick a field goal on 3rd and inches inside the 1 with 20 seconds remaining then they complte a Hail Mary to the 1 as time runs out.

I will predict 4-2 as the BC quarterback gets sacked for an 80 yard loss in OT. Huskies pull off the upset.

Reaction Score
I care about how many fans we have in the stands for that game more than I do the actual result (and I really care about the result). Feels like a great opportunity for this fan base - especially if they're on the verge of bowl eligibility - to send a strong message that UConn runs New England.

Even if we're both 3-8, the U-C-O-N-N @ Chestnut Hill will feel awfully good if they're serenading beat-the-traffic BC fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom