BC Coaching Search (Blaudschun) | The Boneyard

BC Coaching Search (Blaudschun)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One of the greatest gossip gathering places in America each year is the coaches’ hotel at the Final Four.
It is the gathering place for coaches and their staffs, done with the rigors of their own season and not involved in the final weekend of college basketball. They can tell tales, talk about coaching openings and those that might still occur.
Normally, the bigger the job opening, the more chatter.
But in doing a phone check with several coaches in Dallas, one theme jumped out.
NOBODY was talking about the opening at Boston College.
This was not an opening in the Horizon Conference or the Southern Conference or the America East.
This was an opening in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
When I asked why, one coach said simply: “Irrelevant.”

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=10054

Reaction Score
One of the greatest gossip gathering places in America each year is the coaches’ hotel at the Final Four.
It is the gathering place for coaches and their staffs, done with the rigors of their own season and not involved in the final weekend of college basketball. They can tell tales, talk about coaching openings and those that might still occur.
Normally, the bigger the job opening, the more chatter.
But in doing a phone check with several coaches in Dallas, one theme jumped out.
NOBODY was talking about the opening at Boston College.
This was not an opening in the Horizon Conference or the Southern Conference or the America East.
This was an opening in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
When I asked why, one coach said simply: “Irrelevant.”

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=10054

Is anyone surprised?

The whole BC hatred of UConn stems from more than Blumenthal's alleged litigation abuse. BC is irrelevant to the success of the ACC and I'm sure many coaches look at the BC job as trying to put lipstick on a pig. Other than hockey (irrelevant to the ACC), what is BC known for? Granted BC is a fine academic institution that has made great progress in the last 30 years, but I think BC has a general insecurity about being compared unfavorably to UConn. I am sure part of BC's opposition to UConn stems from that. Coaches calling an ACC head BB coaching position "irrelevant" is symptomatic of its problem.

Reaction Score
"BC has a new coach and in Dallas and throughout the world of college basketball, life will go on very quickly and very few people will notice or care what BC does.” - Mark Blaudschun

Harsh, yet challenging for anyone of sound mind with knowledge of facts to convincingly argue to the contrary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom