BC Blocked UConn from ACC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BC Blocked UConn from ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
that. Put the sign at the border of MA and RI on I95, I84 and I91. And put speed traps prior to the border with instructions to nail everyone with MA plates that are driving even 5 MPH over the limit.
that, buy all the billboard space on Chapel Hill and put Jim Calhoun's face all over it.

Reaction Score
that. Put the sign at the border of MA and RI on I95, I84 and I91. And put speed traps prior to the border with instructions to nail everyone with MA plates that are driving even 5 MPH over the limit.

The thing is that almost no one from MA is a BC fan. If the networks claim BC generates more TV viewship than UConn I would be SHOCKED. If it is true, than I can guarantee people are watching BC because it's the best local game on and not because they are passionate about the team. There's NO WAY viewers are watching the commercials to make sure they don't miss a second of the game. The vast majority of the viewers will flip around everywhere. It's complete BS if Boston College is considered more valuable to a conference than UConn in negotiations for a TV contract.

Reaction Score
Value? Adding Uconn to play BC in what will be an instant rivalry out of hate?

C

Chief00

A couple thoughts. The Big East Commissioner is downright stupid - he bragged about how he bagged ESPN - and would get a higher TV offer last summer - ESPN got their revenge. The second thing is now - those who criticized my UConn exploring the SEC option post - maybe you understand the landscape much better now. UC was choice number 2 to make the ACC, but its personal with Flipper and that won't change. He had the votes to block us and that might change but not without a lot of difficulty. If it comes to us or Rutgers - Rutgers will be the path of least resistance.

After you study the landscape you will better understand our interest in the SEC. Contrary to many posters here they are not without interest in us. Basketball is a plus but it's mostly about football and a TV footprint in the Northeast. If they ever want that - they just have 2 schools left. UC & Rutgers.

Reaction Score
I don't believe BCU has the power to block anything.

BCU can't block shots on the BB court or block well enough to win football games. They are an athletic joke. The ACC powers did NOT want BCU int the first place, it's unlikely they have any influence.

More likely FSU and the other southern football programs wanted Pitt who has a stronger football football heritage and draw.

Reaction Score
What do you expect from BC? Our attorney general sued them for leaving the Big East. It is ironic how hard the Boneyeard was on BC for leaving the Big East yet we would welcome a move for ourselves.

Screw the ACC! New blood at Providence! Wars with GT! MSG visits to beat St.John's. Down to the wire games with Nova! Bring it on.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Screw the ACC! New blood at Providence! Wars with GT! MSG visits to beat St.John's. Down to the wire games with Nova! Bring it on.

Completely meaningless because they don't play FBS football!

Reaction Score
Give me a showdown with a Big East rival in basketball over a UCONN FBS game any day. Yeah.. I know the economics about not having a viable football program but UCONN basketball is my passion. So what is meaningless to you is very meaningful to me. Bring in some FBS schools to keep the BCS gods happy but let's keep Big East basketball alive.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The contract was rumored to be blocked by Pitt and two other schools.

Reaction Score
Flipper doesn't have the clout to block UConn by himself, he just doesnt. He may have been able to piggy back off of another school's vote, but if anyone believes that Gene DeFilippo said "I don't want UConn" and the rest of the ACC caved is delusional.

BC may have been instrumental in what happened, but it isn't because they were the driving force. They may have been a deciding vote, but they weren't the motivating voice. Of course they didn't want UConn in the ACC, that isn't news to anyone.

Frankly, DeFilippo going public with petty crap like that makes him look stupid. Makes it look like he is afraid of UConn football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom