BC attendance hits 18 year low. | The Boneyard

BC attendance hits 18 year low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ave. 35,709 in 2011. I expect basketball attendance this year is also heading for an all time low. Only 4583 at yesterday game. Ouch!!

Reaction Score
That may be true, but you should know that BCU still ranks as one of the top 50 teams in New England and they give the ACC the dominant market share of the Boston market. I hear the television ratings for the BCU-Rhode Island "big" game were off the charts. :)

Reaction Score
Ave. 35,709 in 2011. I expect basketball attendance this year is also heading for an all time low. Only 4583 at yesterday game. Ouch!!

With all due respect (ruh roh), did you bother to check whether our football attendance was at an all-time low since the move to the Rent before starting this thread?

Reaction Score
Yeah...but....their hockey team is dominating the ACC.

Reaction Score
Someone remind me why they ever left the Big East. They have been irrelevant since they made the switch.

Reaction Score
Someone remind me why they ever left the Big East. They have been irrelevant since they made the switch.

What would help them actually would be to have UConn invited to join the ACC. Maybe having a geographical rival would be a step in the rigtht direction.

Reaction Score
What would help them actually would be to have UConn invited to join the ACC. Maybe having a geographical rival would be a step in the rigtht direction.

Could be a good idea. Pitt and Cuse just got invited. Anyone think the ACC is a better conference than Big East before 3 top teams decided to switch conferences?

Reaction Score
In all fairness, they were irrelevant before they made the switch.

Reaction Score
Both their basketball programs are in an absolute world of hurt. There is simply no reason why top recruits wishing to play ball in the ACC would do so at BC. None. I've been saying this for years.

If UCONN and Rutgers get on firm conference footing with their football programs, BC is toast. They will aspire to be Indiana or Duke.

Reaction Score
Both their basketball programs are in an absolute world of hurt. There is simply no reason why top recruits wishing to play ball in the ACC would do so at BC. None. I've been saying this for years.

If UCONN and Rutgers get on firm conference footing with their football programs, BC is toast. They will aspire to be Indiana or Duke.

And if they stay isolated in the ACC, they will be like the University of Montana in the SEC. Makes no sense.

Reaction Score
With all due respect (ruh roh), did you bother to check whether our football attendance was at an all-time low since the move to the Rent before starting this thread?

Thank you for your interest in BCU football.

Reaction Score
I'll tell you what, Rentschler did see a drop in average attendance in 2011, significant for UConn standards, of approx 2,000 bodies per game, and did see the worst attendance since 2003. The situation is not comparable to what BC attendance has been doing though over the years. UConn attendance is statistically stable, BC attendance is not.

And I'll tell you what else, it's a shame for the people that chose not to come out to the stadium this year, because I think 2011 was probably the best season for fans, at REntshcler, when it comes to weather conditions and tailgating, that we've ever had so far. It was beautiful out there almost every week, I can't think of one day that wasn't.

We'll see what happens in 2012.

Need to generate new buyers and turn repeat buyers into multiple package buyers. We'll see if the marketing crew gets out there and gets the job done, AND if the team can actually win games too - that's kind of important.

I've seen signs of life for both things happening in 2011.

We'll see.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
only thing i can say to carl spackler is this. the game day weater for this year was prob great from what i could see(i didn't make it to games with grad school). but 2 times this past fall the saturday weather was good but before that day we had the hurricane and the snow storm. both killed power and ru-end peoples weeks here in the state, i'm sure that def played a part in some people plans for those games. is that 2k a game? no, and i'm not saying it is, but it didn't help to go along with a rebuilding year on our hands.

Reaction Score

Yea, they've were ranked #2 in the country since the switch, but I guess thats irrelevant. Its amazing the number of Boston College threads on this garbage message board, be a little more envious. It will be interesting to see what yukons attendance does when they make a switch, back to 1AA where they will still be mediocre.

And how does a regional rival do anything for attendance at Boston College? 1 game against THE WORST TEAM IN THE WORST CONFERENCE IN AMERICA will not help attendance at BC. Sueconn at BC did nothing for attendance when they came in the past (and shockingly yukon was better then they are now and still didn't belong on the same field) and will do nothing now. PP is going to sink this program worse than Spaz is sinking Boston Colleges (simply because BC can recruit itself as a GOOD school and not a mediocre regional state school in the northeast.)

The delusion on this board is comical. The way you all talk you would think you have a product on the field that means anything. sueconn has never been relevant and never will be anything of significance. You tied for the worst record in your conference and have the worst recruiting class in the NNNBE. The future looks bright. Keep building that fence pawl (even though you already lost the states top 2013 recruit ... to Boston College) Enjoy that AQ because its gone in 2014. Keep hanging those women's bb baners because clearly EVERYONE CARES.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i'm finding it tough on where to start with that post.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
you got a good ct commit for 13-issacs. let me help you understand why though, he has family from the boston area and iether grew up there for some time or at some point lived there and wants to return there. uconn isn't going to win a battle when the kid wants to go somewhere thats not in our hands. oh and he is prob a top 3 recruit for CT next year. He will get 3* from espn and scout and 4 from your boy on rivals. Boeing Brown will stars on that kid next year, just remeber that you clown. There are 1 or 2 other guys next year that will have the same ranking as issacs. he is a solid recruit and a good get, but please...

some 1 else can handle the rest of that mess. but really have fun hanging hockey banners like any1 cares.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Boston College is irrelevant.

They do not contend for conference, regional or national honors in any sport that anyone cares about. It's a bad product that is not selling.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Its amazing the number of Boston College threads on this garbage message board

It may be a garbage message board (that's left up to personal opinion, I suppose) but it's obviously a garbage message board you apparently care enough to come to.

Frankly, I find it ironic that your argument in a nutshell is that UConn is irrelevant, and yet, you've created an account on their unofficial message board. Ever considered that you might be undermining your entire point by showing up to a message board devoted to an irrelevant subject matter?

Reaction Score
It may be a garbage message board (that's left up to personal opinion, I suppose) but it's obviously a garbage message board you apparently care enough to come to.

Frankly, I find it ironic that your argument in a nutshell is that UConn is irrelevant, and yet, you've created an account on their unofficial message board. Ever considered that you might be undermining your entire point by showing up to a message board devoted to an irrelevant subject matter?

what choice does he have but come here to discuss new england sports. he knows as well as us that there is nobody but mods on the bc message boards. ginger mods, at that.

Reaction Score
you got a good ct commit for 13-issacs. let me help you understand why though, he has family from the boston area and iether grew up there for some time or at some point lived there and wants to return there. uconn isn't going to win a battle when the kid wants to go somewhere thats not in our hands. oh and he is prob a top 3 recruit for CT next year. He will get 3* from espn and scout and 4 from your boy on rivals. Boeing Brown will **** stars on that kid next year, just remeber that you clown. There are 1 or 2 other guys next year that will have the same ranking as issacs. he is a solid recruit and a good get, but please...

some 1 else can handle the rest of that mess. but really have fun hanging hockey banners like any1 cares.

Boeing Brown may very well get 1 billion stars, but its not going to make a difference when hes playing at South Carolina. Good point though, keep em coming.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
real nice job keeping those MA guys home this year bob. in case you didn't notice we kept our 3*qb home(you know the 1 your old staff offered? the staff that won a couple games a year...btw he also had a iowa offer). you guys on the other hand got pooped on by your own conf.
daniels-won't sniff campus but you guys will never admit that your staff went after a kid with grades that passed 5th grade. no not bcu, were havards other campus.
henry-2* guy
joy-mix 2/3* guy recently upgraded i guess, i think he was a 2* as well for a while
real nice pick ups there bob.

then you lost 2 to psu
1 to uva
1 to md
1 to ncst then he decommited to umass, can't argue with that
1 to nwest
3 to uconn that are mixed 2/3* guys. 1 you offered, 1 was your "secret" recruit and the 1 that you didn't offer had another bcs offer so we know hes legit. let me guess, they couldn't get into bcu admissions wise? right? i haven't heard that one before. next time take a look at your back yard before being stupid about anothers backyard.

even your own conf members think your shittty enough where they are willing to goto new england to jump all over you. last time i checked, cuse/pitt/wvu etc wern't grabbing CT kids.

Reaction Score
Yea, they've were ranked #2 in the country since the switch, but I guess thats irrelevant. Its amazing the number of Boston College threads on this garbage message board, be a little more envious. It will be interesting to see what yukons attendance does when they make a switch, back to 1AA where they will still be mediocre.

And how does a regional rival do anything for attendance at Boston College? 1 game against THE WORST TEAM IN THE WORST CONFERENCE IN AMERICA will not help attendance at BC. Sueconn at BC did nothing for attendance when they came in the past (and shockingly yukon was better then they are now and still didn't belong on the same field) and will do nothing now. PP is going to sink this program worse than Spaz is sinking Boston Colleges (simply because BC can recruit itself as a GOOD school and not a mediocre regional state school in the northeast.)

The delusion on this board is comical. The way you all talk you would think you have a product on the field that means anything. sueconn has never been relevant and never will be anything of significance. You tied for the worst record in your conference and have the worst recruiting class in the NNNBE. The future looks bright. Keep building that fence pawl (even though you already lost the states top 2013 recruit ... to Boston College) Enjoy that AQ because its gone in 2014. Keep hanging those women's bb baners because clearly EVERYONE CARES.

Good lord that is the post of a crazy person............lol

Reaction Score
I'm beginning to think BobDeSena is still angry at getting that turndown letter from UConn admissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom