BC, a Catholic university. What esle would you expect! | The Boneyard

BC, a Catholic university. What esle would you expect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I went to catholic school , grammar and high school in htfd for 12 yrs. And it never ceases to amaze me the actions, and decisions catholic establishments ( i.e. B. C. ) make! This isn't Texas we're dealing with. It's a catholic university . Am I supprised ? Absolutely not. Revenge, spitefulness, petty jealousy, gloating, arrogance, holding grudges, and bragging about it. And these are the people that are supposed to lead us by their example. REALLY ! This school is run by a priest ! What happened to forgiveness, compassion, a sense of fair play. B.C. refuses to engage Uconn in athletics on an even playing field , because they have an ability to tilt the field in their favor. Legaly they can do this . Morally it can be considered cheating. "It's about protecting our turf". Sounds like something a gang member says after shooting a rival gang member. It's common for gangs and drug dealers to get rid of their competition. But a catholic university ? I know there are way more important things going on in our world today than sports, but it's a sad testament to the way things work in our world today. I wasn't expecting a catholic school to be any better than anyone else , but I didn't expect them to be worse. Publicly trying to humiliate Uconn, and bragging about being petty and spiteful are not redeeming qualities, neither is arrogance!

Reaction Score
nd should join the NBE in all sports and this would nt be an issue. nd takes plenty from the NBE, but their crown jewel(football) shares zero of its football money or ability to stabalize the conference.
Universities do whats best of them, if the shoe was on the other foot would you feel the same?

The Catholic church is a business if you think otherwise, you re kidding yourself.

Reaction Score
Bottom line BCU fears us because they know in the long run they cannot compete with us. Flipper's comments this weekend confirm what everyone knew all along. Let's not waste our time with them anymore. On to NC # 4.

Reaction Score
nd should join the NBE in all sports and this would nt be an issue. nd takes plenty from the NBE, but their crown jewel(football) shares zero of its football money or ability to stabalize the conference.
Universities do whats best of them, if the shoe was on the other foot would you feel the same?

The Catholic church is a business if you think otherwise, you re kidding yourself.

If the shoe was on the other foot, you'd have one program with 3 national championships in basketball, a BCS bowl birth and success in every sport they participate in. You think Uconn would be worried about BC as competition?

Reaction Score
This has nothing to do with being Catholic. They just don't want to compete against a school with more resources, a bigger fan base, more on the field success and less stringent enrollment standards. I understand their motivation but it goes against everything that sport teaches you. They're playing the only card they have.

Reaction Score
If the shoe was on the other foot, you'd have one program with 3 national championships in basketball, a BCS bowl birth and success in every sport they participate in. You think Uconn would be worried about BC as competition?

If BC had sued uconn along with the president and AD personally(2004), you really think uconn would help BC in any way? Italians love to hold grudges, some hold them for so long, they forgot the reason for the fight. Expansion is about one sport and one sport only football. BE football is not very good.

Reaction Score
Stop embarrassing yourselves. First religious cracks and now you're moving on to ethnic slurs. My God you husky fans are pathetic. Time to consider that Uconn just isn't that apealing to athletic conferences.

Reaction Score
If BC had sued uconn along with the president and AD personally(2004), you really think uconn would help BC in any way? Italians love to hold grudges, some hold them for so long, they forgot the reason for the fight. Expansion is about one sport and one sport only football. BE football is not very good.

Pitt was one of the schools spearheading that lawsuit. Didnt seem to hurt their cause any...

Reaction Score
Pitt was one of the schools spearheading that lawsuit. Didnt seem to hurt their cause any...
V.Tech was also a party to the suit.

This isn't about the suit, or grudges. BCU knows UConn owns New England, and they want to take over.

Reaction Score
They are competing with schools like you just described in the acc. Uconn would be no differnt. Why single out Uconn. Duke and NC didnt understand or agree with Bc on Uconn being kept out. Competition has helped them thrive. They are about 30miles apart. This is about revenge and jealousy . Oh, and arogance, lots of arogance. I screwed Uconn cause I could and I'm proud of it. He bragged to a Reporter . Not being in the same league as Uconn hasnt helped them in sports! It's hurt them! Were doing great ,they arn't. Petty Jealocey and revenge. I'm well aware that you should'nt expect more from BC because it's a catholic entity these days but it would be nice if you could! Big12 schools are fighting over money, this is personal and petty.

Reaction Score
Anyone who even hints that the lawsuit has anything to do with this should be dismissed as not worthy of future oxygen consumption. This is about one thing -- Flipper knows that the continued viability of his athletic programs is entirely dependent on not having UConn as a competitor on an equal playing field.

Reaction Score
They are competing with schools like you just described in the acc. Uconn would be no differnt. Why single out Uconn. Duke and NC didnt understand or agree with Bc on Uconn being kept out. Competition has helped them thrive. They are about 30miles apart. This is about revenge and jealousy . Oh, and arogance, lots of arogance. I screwed Uconn cause I could and I'm proud of it. He bragged to a Reporter . Not being in the same league as Uconn hasnt helped them in sports! It's hurt them! Were doing great ,they arn't. Petty Jealocey and revenge. I'm well aware that you should'nt expect more from BC because it's a catholic entity these days but it would be nice if you could! Big12 schools are fighting over money, this is personal and petty.

Why don't they have a problem with Pitt?

Reaction Score
Stop embarrassing yourselves. First religious cracks and now you're moving on to ethnic slurs. My God you husky fans are pathetic. Time to consider that Uconn just isn't that apealing to athletic conferences.
According to the article we were no.2 after cuse. Whats that about not being apealing ?

Reaction Score
Lousy analogy, but I wouldn't expect you to understand. Be gone, troll.

Reaction Score
So why isn't uconn pushing for umass to the BE?
Because we have a BCS bid to preserve, and adding UMess makes it more difficult to do that.

Why is BCU afraid of UConn?

Reaction Score
Uconn was not number 2. Blaudschun took creative liberty to imply that and you were gullable enough to take it as truth.

Reaction Score
Anyone who even hints that the lawsuit has anything to do with this should be dismissed as not worthy of future oxygen consumption. This is about one thing -- Flipper knows that the continued viability of his athletic programs is entirely dependent on not having UConn as a competitor on an equal playing field.

What viability, they suck in bball (lost to Harvard 3 years in a row). And there in the acc and were not! 1 an 5 in fball, their viable alright.

Reaction Score
I appreciate the openness of this board, but why not nip this thing in the bud? It's obvious this guy is just a troll.

Reaction Score
Why don't they have a problem with Pitt?

My speculation, there were a list of teams on the board, and Gene D wanted to uconn any way possible. Out of fear, hate spite or revenge at this point its water under the bridge. uconn s football future is unknown to say the least and they will not be part of the ACC and the BCS bid is in question.
Gene wishes he had enough power to block someone from joining the conference. His third hire at BC(Spaz) has been a disaster like his second hire(Jags). A lot of BC fans are calling for his head. Maybe floating some negative stuff to the press regarding uconn and the ACC, he feels he might be able to improve his standing.

Reaction Score
Nobody on this forum knows the internal dynamics of the ACC school presidents and ADs. I seriously doubt BC can keep UConn out of the ACC all by itself. They obviuosly have allies within the ACC that respect their position on the matter. That being said, if 11 ACC schools wanted UConn in, they would be invited.

If conferences move to 16, (I don't see it), UConn will end up somewhere good. In the meantime, UConn should just help to build the best Big East football conference they can. Hopefully a 12 school league with a championship game.

Reaction Score
I appreciate the openness of this board, but why not nip this thing in the bud? It's obvious this guy is just a troll.

It's amusing. Personally I'm trying to match up the trolls here with their 'Eagle Action' rivals handles.

Reaction Score
My speculation, there were a list of teams on the board, and Gene D wanted to uconn any way possible. Out of fear, hate spite or revenge at this point its water under the bridge. uconn s football future is unknown to say the least and they will not be part of the ACC and the BCS bid is in question.
Gene wishes he had enough power to block someone from joining the conference. His third hire at BC(Spaz) has been a disaster like his second hire(Jags). A lot of BC fans are calling for his head. Maybe floating some negative stuff to the press regarding uconn and the ACC, he feels he might be able to improve his standing.

You didn't answer the question, and UConn to the ACC is anything but dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom