BBALL INDEX Metrics on UConn | The Boneyard

BBALL INDEX Metrics on UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just wanted to share some metrics on what BBALL-INDEX thinks about our team and players. Their model has us as heavy favorites and is very high on our team. For context, BBALL-INDEX is a basketball scheme and data/ analytics company. They are well respected in NBA circles and consult with NBA GMs, agents, teams and players with their data and scheme. They also consult with college teams as well. Here is their website: Home - Basketball Index. LEBRON is their all in one metric that attempts to measure impact. It stands for:

Luck-adjusted player
Estimate using a
Box prior
Regularized
ON-off

Based on total impact it has Tristen as the 3rd most impactful player in the nation. Spencer as 6th, Clingan as 8th and Karaban as 17th.

IMG_1402.jpeg
IMG_6513.jpeg

I DMed the creator of BBALL-INDEX and asked about his thoughts on UConn this season and he said "They run an NBA offense like nobody else does and it shows". He has them winning it all this year.

I can share other screen shots from BBALL-INDEX if people want. It can also provide us with team data and probabilities for all matchups in the tournament.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Based on total impact it has Tristen as the 3rd most impactful player in the nation. Spencer as 6th, Clingan as 8th and Karaban as 17th.
Thousands of players in D1. Having one of the most impactful players in the nation is so impressive. Having four of them is honestly insane.

Reaction Score
Didn't realize they had college stats. LEBRON is a very good stat, one of the top couple for the NBA. It's likely better than anything publicly available for college. Now I'm tempted to get their march madness subscription...

Reaction Score
I had to laugh at the Karaban Archetype.
Note on this. There are 12 offensive roles that BBALL INDEX tries to classify players as. This is built off of Todd Whiteheads offensive archetypes from Nylon Calculus. The 12 roles are: Primary Ball Handler, Secondary Ball Handler, Shot Creator, Slasher, Athletic Finisher, Off Screen Shooter, Movement Shooter, Stationary Shooter, Versatile Big, Post Scorer, Stretch Big, Mobile Big. You can read about them here: Offensive Roles - Basketball Index

Obviously there are player that can be multiple archetypes. The archetype shown just shows how they score the majority of their points this season. In AK’s case specifically, his athletic finisher archetype means the majority of his points this season came at the rim finishing from cuts. This makes sense to me personally because although we see him hit a lot of threes coming off screens, he also scores a ton cutting to the basket.

Reaction Score
In a survey from 2021 NBA execs were asked what the best impact metric were. LEBRON was in the top tier of impact metrics.

IMG_9842.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds