Bazz | The Boneyard

Bazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Bazz played down the stretch with Magic. Made couple of big buckets and played well on defense. He has better feel for game than Payton. Was first guard off bench over Watson. Hopefully, he can get fifteen minutes a night.

Reaction Score
Bazz played down the stretch with Magic. Made couple of big buckets and played well on defense. He has better feel for game than Payton. Was first guard off bench over Watson. Hopefully, he can get fifteen minutes a night.
They looked a lot better when he was running the point and it's nice to see Skiles has faith in him already.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
They looked a lot better when he was running the point and it's nice to see Skiles has faith in him already.

Maybe having a former PG as coach is helping Bazz get his shot. Skiles knows what the positions takes, etc, etc.

Reaction Score
Bazz did look more dynamic running the point than Payton did, and Skiles had him during crunch time at the end of the game. The numbers prove it out as Bazz was +7 and Payton a -11.

Reaction Score
I've been checking the box scores. I think the Chicago game is his first game with decent minutes.

Reaction Score
I feel like there should be a cool down period here after uconn players in the league have good games. We know bazz is a great player, but one game doesn't make him the best pg on the team

Reaction Score
Elfrid Payton is the starter for the magic, and that isn't changing.

However Skiles is clearly big on 'lineup performance', seems like he'll let anything ride if it gets them back in the game. oladipo and Vooch are the only ones guaranteed locks for closing minutes... seems like hezonja is in the doghouse after that 'shoelace tying' incident while guarding durant ha.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I feel like there should be a cool down period here after uconn players in the league have good games. We know bazz is a great player, but one game doesn't make him the best pg on the team

Yet he's repeatedly been 'the guy' in crunch time this year. Yes, that means mostly preseason. But it's notable.

Reaction Score
Yet he's repeatedly been 'the guy' in crunch time this year. Yes, that means mostly preseason. But it's notable.
The two big games where he closed out in the preseason were both against the Heat. In the first one he played just under 4 min (but hit the big shot), and the second game he played ~22 min, but Payton didn't play that game. His other big game in the preseason against memphis was another DNP for Payton. Bazz is definitely making good use of his minutes, and it would seem like he'll lock up the backup spot sooner or later, but I don't think he's getting the nod over Payton anytime soon.

Edit: also in the previous 2 regular season games, which were decided by a total of 4 points, Bazz played a combined 30 seconds...so might be a little early to jump to the conclusion that he's been "the guy"

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The two big games where he closed out in the preseason were both against the Heat. In the first one he played just under 4 min (but hit the big shot), and the second game he played ~22 min, but Payton didn't play that game. His other big game in the preseason against memphis was another DNP for Payton. Bazz is definitely making good use of his minutes, and it would seem like he'll lock up the backup spot sooner or later, but I don't think he's getting the nod over Payton anytime soon.

Edit: also in the previous 2 regular season games, which were decided by a total of 4 points, Bazz played a combined 30 seconds...so might be a little early to jump to the conclusion that he's been "the guy"

Note: wasn't claiming he's getting the nod over Payton, just that it's not only a one game snapshot when discussing Bazz. I didn't know your post was specifically in reference to Payton. 'The guy' was probably a poor choice of words for what I was trying to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom