OT: - Baylor's Guards | The Boneyard

OT: Baylor's Guards

Reaction Score
I know the 20-21 season has been put in the rearview, but my goodness, Mitchell, Butler, and Teague were the strongest set of guards I've seen in awhile. Mitchell and Butler were shitfting the hell outta guys, this clip is pretty much the embodiment of Raftery's "lingerie on the deck" line.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I know the 20-21 season has been put in the rearview, but my goodness, Mitchell, Butler, and Teague were the strongest set of guards I've seen in awhile. Mitchell and Butler were shitfting the hell outta guys, this clip is pretty much the embodiment of Raftery's "lingerie on the deck" line.

Two transfers and a borderline top 100 guy

Reaction Score
all 3 of Mitchell, Butler, and Teague shot over 40% from 3, and both Flagler and Joe Dirt shot over 39% from 3 off the bench. any 1 of the 5 wouldve been our best shooter lol

Last edited:
Reaction Score
“ and Joe Dirt shot over 39% from 3 off the bench”

That might be the funniest thing I’ve read on the boneyard in my whole life. Well done ... I hope you didn’t steal that

Reaction Score
Not to be a homer but did you ever see bazz and boat? 14 was all shake. And even het said at halftime vs state they we’re getting all the shots the wanted. Not as big which I like about Baylor, the 04 team was more that style but Gordon and Co were less shifty and much more deliberate.

Reaction Score
The more I see these clips of Baylor the more I realize that they could have played Gonzaga 20 times and would have won every single time. The gap really was that large between the 2 teams. 1-8 with the exception of maybe Suggs they were superior athletically and it wasn’t even close.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score

I saw at least 2 uncalled travels, lol

Reaction Score
Does anyone know who is not returning from this year's team? According to their website, the only seniors with significant playing time were Teague and Vital, so they seem poised to be dominant again next season.

Edit: I just noticed that Butler and Mitchell are expected to be first round picks, so looks like they're gone. Maybe we won't lose to them by 45 at the Battle for Atlantis after all!

Reaction Score
Does anyone know who is not returning from this year's team? According to their website, the only seniors with significant playing time were Teague and Vital, so they seem poised to be dominant again next season.

Edit: I just noticed that Butler and Mitchell are expected to be first round picks, so looks like they're gone. Maybe we won't lose to them by 45 at the Battle for Atlantis after all!

Would be a super high risk choice, but if his knee has actually healed....this guy can ball. Granted, not the #1 need this off-season.

Reaction Score
Not to be a homer but did you ever see bazz and boat? 14 was all shake. And even het said at halftime vs state they we’re getting all the shots the wanted. Not as big which I like about Baylor, the 04 team was more that style but Gordon and Co were less shifty and much more deliberate.

Exactly... We had the two best iso guards on the court in every game (except against St. Joes) and they did whatever they wanted. Seems to be a pattern though, huh? Get some sick guards and let them do work. Would be nice to have more than one guard who could actually handle the ball one of these years.

Reaction Score

They’re losing their entire starting team....except their big guy Thamba

Reaction Score
Exactly... We had the two best iso guards on the court in every game (except against St. Joes) and they did whatever they wanted. Seems to be a pattern though, huh? Get some sick guards and let them do work. Would be nice to have more than one guard who could actually handle the ball one of these years.
Great post. Can't understand the thinking that our returning guards scare anyone at all - let alone the way great UConn guards always have!

Reaction Score
Never heard of them, I'll have to look them up and see if there are any highlights on YouTube

Reaction Score
I wonder if they were as good as any college guard threesome we have seen in the last 20 yrs +? Arguably yes...hmmm

Reaction Score
They’re losing their entire starting team....except their big guy Thamba
Their remaining four are pretty good and pretty interchangeable as the Gonzaga game showed.

Physical and athletic specimens who don't miss a lot of bunnies.

Plus, and I don't know this, but I suspect Drew has some good recruits coming in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom