Baylor West Virginia seems strange | The Boneyard

Baylor West Virginia seems strange

Reaction Score
espn box score says Baylor won big but 4 players played 40 minutes, Wallace only played 10 so one sub played 30. No one else got off the bench. did something happen to Wallace that she only played 10 minutes?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
After being honored at Senior Night, Wallace experienced what looked to be a bad knee injury during the 1st half of the game vs WV, and had to be assisted from the court by her teammates. Obviously she did not play after the injury. I guess more will be known today.

Reaction Score
What bad news for Wallace and Baylor. As someone noted in that thread, Senior night for her as well. Looks like Baylor has a bench as short as ours, and with two kids out for the game for disciplinary reasons and Chou coming back from a wrist injury they had no one left. With every player having to be careful to avoid foul trouble all the more impressive of a win. After all the injuries we went through over the years with Sales, Sveta, Shea, Sue Bird, Caroline Doty et. al. I began to think we were jinxed and I learned to just hate injuries. Especially with a short bench, I watch every game with just a little dread, whether it was KML or KLS recently. Or even hearing about Crystal and the shin splints. You want to see everyone be able to play their best and then see who has the best team. Us!!!!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
After being honored at Senior Night, Wallace experienced what looked to be a bad knee injury during the 1st half of the game vs WV, and had to be assisted from the court by her teammates. Obviously she did not play after the injury. I guess more will be known today.
Actually they didn't assist her off the court. She hopped on one foot all the way into the locker room. :eek:

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Actually they didn't assist her off the court. She hopped on one foot all the way into the locker room. :eek:

It was quite amazing to see her jump up quickly, in obvious pain, and hop on one leg unassisted, very rapidly, off the court and into the passageway to the locker room before the trainer or anyone else could get to her. I have never seen a player do that before. It was very gutsy.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If Wallace is unable to return to the lineup, it completely changes the Baylor team. She initiates the offense, is their best outside scoring threat and has been their best player over the past 2 months.

Coaches dread these type of injuries late in the season.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It was quite amazing to see her jump up quickly, in obvious pain, and hop on one leg unassisted, very rapidly, off the court and into the passageway to the locker room before the trainer or anyone else could get to her. I have never seen a player do that before. It was very gutsy.
Yea kinda got the impression that she knew it was bad and she was pissed as hell.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Yea kinda got the impression that she knew it was bad and she was pissed as hell.

Reminiscent of the Achonwa injury. Teammates came over and tried to calm her by saying "it's okay". She responded very quickly "No, it's not".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom